Seismic, Daisy
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

Sharon did not like this at all. There was nothing about this that suggested a happy ending and, frankly, she did not take well to blackmail. Between the general aura of mystery in her unknown contact and all the blanks that were impossible for Sharon to fill-in herself, a sense of malaise had wormed its way into her gut and she could not shake off the feeling that this was a trap.

A trap in a very public, very accessible coffeehouse but still. It could mean that whoever showed up cared little for collateral damage and that, in itself, was terrifying. Walking inside - flats, not heels - she chose a table near the fire escape and sat down with her hot chocolate.

She pulled out her phone, checking her notifications for anything work (or 'work')-related. It had been easy enough to inform Warren's assistant that she was taking lunch out of the office with a friend (completely straight-faced, she was a professional). Even if she had not intention of eating. It was not a day for burgers. When the chair opposite her was pulled out, Sharon looked the newcomer up and down. The body language implied that it was not some innocent bystander looking to share a meaningless coffee with a stranger so it was time to bite the bullet. "Do I get to know a name or am I just calling you Eyeliner Goals?" Or something equally cheesy. She could work on it. There were more than enough people running around with funny, ironic and downright terrible nicknames that she could ask for advice.

Sharon sipped from her cup, eyes fixed coldly on the woman. Might as well get straight to the point. "So. What can I do for you?"

@DAISY JOHNSON | hope this works! so sorry for the wait!!
Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:46 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

Hacking didn't work the way it did in the movies. At least, not exactly. It wasn't a heat-of-the-moment thing, where you're frantically pounding away at the keyboard trying to worm your way through a system. There were no pitched duels between hackers, none of that crap. End the day, hacking boiled down to two things: exploiting vulnerabilities in software, and social engineering. This fell into the social engineering side of the equation.

Daisy had been doing some digging into Worthington Industries. Part of a broader campaign against corporate America. A tall order for one woman, but ultimately, it was business as usual; not much different from what she did during her time with Rising Tide, in fact. She'd decided to work her way up from the bottom of the list (Arranged in alphabetical order, natch), which meant Worthington came up pretty quickly. What followed was the usual preliminary research: putting feelers out, sifting through all the information on the corporation that was available publicly to get the lay of the land. If the Wall Street Journal and Daily Bugle were to be believed, Worthington Industries was legit, didn't have its hands in any rotten pies.

Which meant she'd need to dig deeper. So she started cracking her way into the corporate network, sifting through internal memos and emails. First bit of pay dirt Daisy hit was a full, up-to-date list of all employees currently working under the Worthington umbrella. From there, it was a matter of hooking up with her contacts at the DMV and the Department of Records to get drivers licenses and birth certificates pulled. Imagine her surprise when the certificate for one person in particular came up missing: Mary Nolan, Warren Worthington's personal secretary.

So Daisy pulled on that thread a little to see what came loose. As far as any official records were concerned, Mary had come out of nowhere. There were school records, references from prior work places. But no birth certificate, and there were significant gaps spread out in between. That meant one thing: spook. Already waist deep in this hole, Daisy kept on digging, until eventually, she hit the jackpot in the form of some security footage filed away on an old server. Footage of Ms. Nolan breaking into an evidence locker to retrieve a very familiar shield, along with some other goodies. Somebody had been sloppy in disposing of this video. Whether it was a mistake on Nolan's (Or should she say Carter?) end or just another example of overworked and underpaid IT guys letting something slip through the cracks, she didn't know, and honestly, she didn't care. What mattered was that she could use this.

She reached out to Carter more or less as soon as she'd uncovered and downloaded the video file, along with some other dirt. Told her she'd found it, sent some screenshots as proof, along with a meeting place, then waited for her response. Carter got back to her within the hour, giving her a date and time.

So that was why Daisy was now standing in the corner of a busy coffee shop in Queens, nursing a caramel macchiato and watching the door with laser focus. She'd made a point of coming unarmed. Well, as unarmed as an Inhuman earthquake machine could possibly be. No guns, no knives. She'd even left her taser back in the van. Despite the picture the news liked to paint of her, the vigilante had no intention of hurting Sharon, in any form. She was former S.H.I.E.L.D., and that still meant something to her. Sipping her coffee, Daisy shouldered the strap of her black attache case, inside of which her laptop sat rather snugly.

A smile crept across her face as she watched a tall blonde saunter into the coffee house. Give Carter credit; she had a good poker face. Just looking at her, no one would ever guess that she was meeting up with a potential blackmailer. Daisy waited for Carter to order some coffee and take a seat before approaching her. Said approach was pretty brazen, amounting to little more than the scrape of a chair being dragged over the tile floor and an unceremonious thud as she set her briefcase down on the table Sharon was sitting at.

"Do I get to know a name or am I just calling you 'Eyeliner Goals?'"

Daisy flashed her a sardonic sort of smile at that. "I mean, you could call me that. Wouldn't be the worst name somebody's given me." That honor went to "Mary Sue Poots." Nothing would ever top that in her eyes. Tracing the rim of her coffee cup with a black-painted nail, her eyes met Sharon's. "But if you want a name, I can give you one. Guarantee you've heard it before. News likes to call me 'Quake.'" Daisy punctuated this with a sip of her macchiato, casual as could be, as if she hadn't just dropped the bombshell that she was one of those dangerous "enhanced" individuals the media pundits loved to scaremonger about.

"But what about you? Do I call you 'Mary'? Or 'Sharon'?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She could understand if Carter was on edge. If she were in her shoes, she'd be tense, too. But she had to bank on the assumption that the agent wouldn't start anything in a place this public. And for now, she seemed willing to play ball, asking Daisy what it was she wanted. "Well, Ms. Carter, you seem like a woman who doesn't waste time, so I'll pay you that courtesy." A pause, as she sipped her coffee. "I'm looking into Worthington Industries. Normally, I'd just brute force my way into the company network and take the information I want, but then I found you, and figured you could make things a lot simpler for me. I want you to tell me about any dirty dealings Worthington might be involved in, at least that you're aware of."

@SHARON CARTER Woof. This turned into a novella. But hey! Hopefully that means I gave you at least something to work with! =D
Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:40 PM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

The thing about working a firmly white-collar job every day of the week (even if it was just a cover) was that its associated mannerisms became something of a habit; everything from the high posture walk to the faintly disinterested tone of voice, it was ingrained in the persona and thus, when Sharon was Mary, in her. Undercover work required absolute dedication (or at least it had when she had been at SHIELD) and Sharon would not permit her misgivings about the shady meeting to taint her professionalism.

The screenshots had been what had truly struck fear into her heart. Those linked her to the misadventure in Berlin. To Steve, the wanted fugitive and the man who, well, she refused to analyse her connection to. If this woman thought she was going to be able to unearth something there, she had another thing coming.

Her eyes scanned over the briefcase, internally stifling the urge to simply snatch it and run. The woman was good - there was no way that these were her only copies - and making an enemy out of someone who had the potential to ruin all the progress Sharon had made these past two years was a move foolish beyond belief. So she simply returned the smile, one of cordial civility, and awaited the blackmailer's demands. Her eyebrows raised, legs crossing under the table. Enhanced being with compromising footage. Great. "Nice to be able to put a face to the name," she returned, almost sincere. Sure, there were many unregistered heroes out there but there were just as many villains and Sharon was leaning towards classing Quake as the latter. "But you do know that I'm obliged to report you to the authorities, don't you?" Her tone was equally conversational. If the video surfaced and her loyalty came into question, this woman would be the first (and only?) name she offered up. Currently, Sharon felt that she owed her nothing.

Sharon's response to that was a thin-lipped smile and a sip from her hot chocolate. She was feeling more and more Agent 13 by the second. Then the request surfaced - alongside an earnestly aggressive description of work that Sharon could almost empathise with wanting to do - and her eyes closed for a second. Clearly Quake had discovered similar information to that of her superiors, those who had sent her to Warren in the first place, but the truth was (as far as she knew) that there was nothing there. Yet saying that would be too suspicious and cause further enmity. "I've been up close for months searching for exactly that. I've been to Africa and Europe on trade deals. I've built relationships with those who would have access to that kind of information." She paused for a second, partly for dramatic effect and partly because she knew that the phrasing of her next sentence was vital. "And I can honestly tell you that there is nothing dirty about Warren Worthington the third." Angel wings, clearly, did not count.

@DAISY JOHNSON | I love it <3 slow burn friendship
Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:25 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

Daisy sat in silence, occasionally sipping from her macchiato while she watched Agent Carter. Part of the game was trying to get a read on people. It'd been the case when she was little more than a lowly hacker, and her time as a super spy had simply been more of the same in that regard. So she tried to read Sharon, silently cataloging any slight changes in expression, any minor details that might give her insight into what was going on in her head. A smirk played on her lips, hidden behind the coffee cup in her hand, when she saw Carter's eyes flit ever so briefly over to her attache case. She was looking for a way to cut the knot.

Setting her coffee down and very deliberately resting a hand on the case, Daisy chuckled when Sharon said that it was nice to have a face to match the name. "Yeah, well, I try not to make it a habit of letting people see me." It's why she always made her moves at night. The darkness made it more difficult for her opponents to get a good look at her face. Of course, getting blasted across the room by localized earthquakes also made identifying her a difficult proposition. "And I hope that you know if you call the authorities, those authorities will have a very, very bad day." She said, now very serious. And she wasn't bluffing. While she didn't make it a habit to get into fights with cops or government agents, the only people who truly got a free pass were S.H.I.E.L.D. Push came to shove, she'd be perfectly willing to punch out a cop and would sleep like a baby afterwards. And the SRU? Honestly, she'd relish the chance to give them a black eye or two.

"But hopefully it won't come to that." The grave tone had dropped from her voice almost as quickly as it'd arrived, and she was back to sounding casual and conversational, as if the two of them were discussing the weather as opposed to the cloak and dagger that'd brought them together. Daisy's eyes left Sharon for a brief moment to scan the surroundings, particularly the sidewalk outside the coffee shop. While she was fairly confident that Carter hadn't contacted the authorities, it never hurt to check. Phil and May had pretty much drilled it into her head that a good way to get rumbled was to ignore your environment.

Daisy drummed her fingers against the edge of the table, making clacking noises as the rings she was wearing struck the laminated wood, and she moved in her seat, as if she was grooving to a rhythm that only she could hear. All the while she kept close watch on Carter. The former spy turned secretary was still on the defensive, still hiked up on her hind legs, expecting an attempt at a killing strike at any moment. She still saw her as an enemy. It wasn't obvious, but she could pick up on it thanks to subtle cues in her posture, the time she took to think about what she said. Again, Daisy couldn't blame her. The circumstances were shady as hell, and all Sharon had to go on was what she'd heard about Quake in the news. Which wasn't all that flattering. She needed to get her to relax somehow.

Sighing, she picked up her macchiato and listened as Sharon explained very clearly that as far as she could see, Worthington was clean. Well, its CEO was clean at any rate. But Daisy knew how corporations worked, how they were structured. Just because Warren Worthington III didn't have his hands in anything rotten didn't mean nobody in the entire company was dirty. One of problems with compartmentalization was the right hand rarely knew everything the left hand was doing, and vice versa. "Maybe we're both looking at the wrong guy." She said ponderously, as if she were thinking out loud and Sharon wasn't even there. Honestly, Worthington was the furthest thing from her mind now. Daisy was more concerned with getting Carter to see that they weren't necessarily on opposite sides.

"For what it's worth, I believe you." She said, finishing off her coffee and setting the empty cup down as she opened up the flap to her briefcase. Gingerly, she pulled out her laptop, taking the time to smooth out both the strip of tape which covered the manufacturer's logo, as well as the sticker of Captain America's shield pasted on the bottom left corner of the computer's lid. "I'm gonna do a little more digging, if only for the sake of thoroughness, but I believe you. So I figure I owe you something." Saying this, she opened the laptop up and turned it on. With a few deft keystrokes, she signed in and brought up her desktop. Letting it sit so it could go through the usual startup processes without interruption, Daisy reached into her case again and pulled out a jump drive, which she held up for Sharon to see.

"That footage I took those screenshots from? I already wiped it from the server I found it on. The only copies of it in existence now are on this..." She paused, waving the drive a little for emphasis. "...and on my computer's hard drive." Setting the flash drive down on the table, she leaned back in her chair and met Sharon's eyes. "I'm not looking to pick a fight with you, Ms. Carter. I know the sketchiness of this whole meeting hasn't helped my case, but I want you to know that. I don't think I could rest easy knowing I hurt a fellow agent, even a former one." Leaning forward, she picked up the drive and plugged it into her laptop. "And I don't think Phil would forgive me if I did, either." She murmured as an aside, not fully realizing what she was saying as she dragged a finger along her computer's touch pad to open up the file explorer.

@SHARON CARTER | Daisy and her big mouth, amirite? But maybe this'll help the friendship develop a little further. Anyways, sorry for the wait!
Posted: Mar 2 2018, 01:45 PM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

Understandable. Wanting to keep anonymity made a lot of sense - it was why she had offered Warren something to mask his face, that night at the Expo - and if she did not have various contingencies in place, Sharon would have considered something to obscure her identity on 'nights out', too. As it was, law enforcement worked well enough (especially when she had a badge to back it up, even if it was not necessarily valid anymore).

"I'm honoured to be part of the select few that have," she returned drily, not worried enough to feel intimidated. Was there a veiled threat there? Possibly. But if Quake was as skilful in all things computers as her having acquired the footage would suggest, tackling the single security camera in this coffee shop would be a walk in the park. This time, unfortunately, the threat was more evident and Sharon's eyebrows raised. Whether Melissa could take Quake on her own remained to be seen but, with the group of SATF, it would not be impossible. That was supposed to be their job, anyway, rather than just attempting to arrest the actual heroes.

"Hopefully." The echo was still disbelieving. At the end of the day, whilst she like Melissa as a person, it was no skin off Sharon's nose if either Quake or the task force took a beating. "So I'm guessing you're not a Cap fan? Otherwise you would've turned over the footage to him. Can't have just anyone handling that shield." It was more of a question to find out whether or not Quake knew about the timeline of Berlin - Sharon's retrieval had been before the conflict at the airport - and if she had attempted to make contact with Steve. Or made the (professional and only vaguely treason-related) connection between him and Sharon.

The statement of having convinced her was encouraging, sort of. Considering how much trouble she had inadvertently (and unknowingly) gotten Warren into, it was probably a good thing that having Quake on his case had not been added to it. It was then, seeing the little Captain America sticker on the laptop, that Quake was humanised in Sharon's eyes. Heavy eye makeup was pretty, obviously, but it also did wonders to hide bags under eyes. "I don't think you owe me anything but if you're offering, I'm not going to turn you down." Freebies came very rarely in her (their?) line of work and Sharon was not about to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

She raised the cup to her lips and drained the hot chocolate, gently wiping the residue off her upper lip with a finger, before tentatively reaching out for the drive. "I didn't think I was that well-known," she returned with a quiet laugh, turning the drive over in her hand - there was still a faint line where the cut had sliced across her palm but, other than that, she had mostly healed up - before slipping it into her handbag- Her hand froze for a minute, running over the name in her head. Quake knew of SHIELD, claimed to have been a part of it, and now talking about Phil so flippantly? Perhaps... "He tell you about his trip abroad? Some fancy island."

@DAISY JOHNSON | d a i s y <3 also not a problem!
Posted: Mar 6 2018, 08:16 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

"Trust me. Not much of an honor." Daisy responded. She knew full well Sharon was being sarcastic when she said that, but hey. Sometimes it was fun just to play along. Her offhand comment about rarely being seen hadn't been meant as a threat, per say. Just a statement of fact: she tried her best to maintain anonymity. It was part of the job description. She really didn't have a secret identity to fall back on; Quake was Daisy, Daisy was Quake. There was no clean line of delineation, no donning a mask. As such, she had to be doubly sure that she couldn't be identified by the people she fought. But if Carter wanted to interpret her words as threatening, that was on her. The other part of it was definitely a threat, though. Like, straight up.

The issue of why she didn't take the footage directly to Captain Rogers came up, and Daisy just gave an exaggerated shrug, leaning back in her chair and stretching her arms toward the ceiling. Truthfully, she didn't have any rock solid reason for why she didn't send it Cap's way, aside from the fact that she didn't have a way to directly contact him. Fugitives were tricky that way. It wasn't like they had an island retreat where they all hung out on weekends. And she more or less said as much. "He's not exactly listed in the yellow pages. Besides, context matters, and for all I know, you were retrieving it for him."

Sharon voiced a token protest when Daisy said that she owed her for spilling the beans on Worthington, but ultimately accepted. Then she sucked down her hot cocoa and took the drive, stashing it in her purse while expressing surprise to being at all well known. Daisy couldn't help but laugh at that; not out of malice, but genuine amusement. Agent 13? Not well known? At least within S.H.IE.L.D., she had been something of a celebrity. It wasn't everybody that got assigned to bodyguard Captain America. And in Daisy's case, she'd heard a couple stories secondhand from Phil. "You've been mentioned, once or twice." Daisy said with a wink.

Daisy perked her head up from her laptop when Sharon asked about Coulson's "trip abroad." A knowing chuckle left her throat while she opened the folder on her laptop which contained all of the Berlin footage. Clicking and dragging to select all of the video files, all it took after that was two quick keystrokes, and it was gone. Erased. Now Sharon had the only copies in existence. To Daisy's knowledge, at any rate.

"You mean Tahiti? He told me it was a magical place." Several times over, in fact. Evidently one of the side effects of Project T.A.H.I.T.I. was the compulsion to say that phrase whenever prompted. The last she'd ever heard anybody utter those words, she'd been standing outside a vet clinic in California, just recently opened by a Dr. Calvin Winslow. "I hadn't been introduced to him until after he'd gotten back. He was the guy who brought me into the fold." If there was one thing Phil had a knack for, it was picking up strays. Even when he really should've known better, such as where she was concerned.

@SHARON CARTER | I couldn't help myself. xD
Posted: Mar 13 2018, 03:20 AM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

There was a grim, self-deprecating tone in Quake's words that Sharon did feel a pinch of sympathy for - potential villain or not, the battering of self-esteem was not something that people deserved to go through just because of their abilities. Or maybe it was just the fact that Sharon found it difficult to actively dislike anyone with a little Cap shield sticker. It was clearly a weakness that she would have to work on.

That was true. The idea of Steve giving out his number to the public - whether they loved or hated him - was a disaster waiting to happen. And therefore likely to be a prank that one of the Avengers might pull on another. It was not beyond the realm of possibility (nothing was nowadays with the gods and aliens running around). "Maybe," she said, deliberately unhelpful. "But thanks for coming directly to me. I appreciate it." Professional courtesy and all.

It was probably a good thing that Daisy did not explicitly reveal what was on her mind as Sharon would have had no idea what to make of the information. She had done her best to do her job well throughout her time at SHIELD, establishing contacts and, apparently, a reputation. "Only good things, I hope," she said with a laugh. "I've heard it's a lot smaller now. Got a friend in tech, he seems happy enough. As happy as anyone tagged by the Accords can be, anyway." Her voice lowered at the last bit, a little too liberal with her opinion but fairly sure that Quake would agree with her, given the vigilante status.

The phrase was vaguely familiar to Sharon but she thought little of it, focusing more on the name. That, alone, was enough to steer Sharon's feelings pointedly in the direction of positivity. If Phil trusted Quake then she had to have something solid in her that was worth placing faith in - and Sharon knew the type of bond that could develop between a superior and an inductee. There was definitely something good between them and Sharon valued his judgement. "That's pretty amazing." Spotted in the field with no previous training - it spoke volumes about Quake's skill level. "He trained me after the academy, among other people. One of the better people I've served under, to say the least." Her smile was nostalgic. "He's a good man."

God knew how difficult it was to be one of those in their line of work.

@DAISY JOHNSON | gotten green light from beleren
Posted: Mar 16 2018, 07:27 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

Daisy locked her fingers together and stretched her arms up towards the ceiling, her knuckles, elbows and shoulders all popping off in rapid succession. Much as she was used to sitting around for extended periods of time, she still found that her joints loved to tense up whenever she was stationary for more than three minutes. Of course, it probably didn't help her case that she barely ever allowed herself a moment's rest. She was working herself into an early grave. If it wasn't a bullet, it'd be exhaustion.

The most she could do was nod when Sharon thanked her for approaching her directly about the Berlin footage. She'd given her reasons why she chose this particular approach, so not much else needed to be said. And her instincts had certainly been proven correct in these short few minutes. Agent Carter was a woman of integrity, who followed her beliefs to the end, no matter the consequences. An ideal S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. But then, could she expect less from the great-niece of one of the agency's founders?

"Nothing but high praise. I'll be honest, I got kinda jealous after the first week or so." Daisy said with a playful smile, resting her head on one hand. She was really only teasing by this point. Phil sang the praises of pretty much every agent he'd had (in his words) the privilege of commanding. Carter, Romanoff, Barton. He held them up as examples to aspire towards. And aspire she had, hoping one day that Coulson would tell some fresh recruit about how impressive Agent Skye was. But those dreams went swirling pretty much the minute she betrayed the team. C'est la vie, as the old folks say.

A glint of recognition flashed in Daisy's eyes when Sharon mentioned a friend in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s tech sector who was tagged by the Accords. Nah. Couldn't be. Could it? She sat up straight and looked Carter in the eyes, hoping to gauge her reaction. "This friend. He wouldn't happen to go by 'Mr. Wizard,' would he?" It'd be a hell of a coincidence. She remembered when Charlie was completely green, fresh out of Nashville, where she'd personally plucked him out of. It wasn't impossible that he could've met Sharon and become friends with her. But again. Hell of a coincidence.

"'Amazing' is definitely a word for it, I guess." She murmured with a shrug of her shoulders. She had come to see the way Phil had recruited her as being standard operating procedure. It's how they'd picked up Yo-yo, Joey, Charlie. Pretty much all of their Inhuman agents, funnily enough. But then, it made sense. Hard to know if somebody had potential as an asset unless they revealed themselves. Especially since S.H.I.E.L.D. had been operating off the books until recently. Daisy listened to Sharon talk about Phil, saw the smile and the nostalgic look in her eyes, and briefly flashed the blonde woman a smile of her own, though it was of a sad sort. "He is."

She breathed a heavy sigh, absent-mindedly twisting one of the rings on her fingers. "When Phil found me, I had nothing. I was on my own, looking for answers to questions I didn't know I had. He... he gave me a direction. Helped me find myself." He had been the shoulder she could always lean on, when things got tough. But he also knew when to nudge her out of her comfort zone, let her take flight. She missed having his guidance. She always would. Brown eyes flicking up to meet Sharon's again, she continued. "So I know exactly where you're coming from, when you talk about him like that. He sees the best in his people, knows how best to bring it out."

@SHARON CARTER | Aaaaaaand straight into Feelstown. I'm sorry, Daisy has dual citizenship there.
Posted: Mar 21 2018, 08:40 PM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

The words were humbling, to say the least. Although one of the main goals in espionage was to remain undetected and undiscovered, Sharon knew that Phil was personable. Tales of others, bonding with the team - it built trust and ultimately lead to better agents (perhaps that was why the branch in DC had soured so spectacularly back in 2014). He was remarkable.

Worth bringing back from the dead.

She managed a humble smile at that, neither wanting to brag nor to deny it. Sharon knew that she had carried out a lot of work - both good and mediocre - during her time at SHIELD and it was understandable that at least some of it had made a difference. "He's like that and he knows how to keep people motivated." And he cared. Genuinely, wholeheartedly and eternally. It was rare and she appreciated it. "Were you with him when the HYDRA stuff broke out? Was he okay? I didn't really hear much about the others from DC."

Her eyebrows shot upwards, lips curving into a knowing smile. "I almost want to say you're kidding. Charlie and I did a few missions together, he's great." Definitely not a field agent, though. Her arm gave a phantom twinge at the memory. "We must've been running in the same circles a bit. Sorry I missed you." Either that or she was just an extremely adept liar but, judging from the cold read that Sharon had been conducting and the amount of knowledge displayed, she highly doubted it.

Looking back on it, Sharon would have called this topic of the turning point. There were few people in the world that had earned Sharon's (almost) unlimited faith but Phil was one of them. Charismatic, perceptive and brave, his place was firmly cemented in her mind as one who could be trusted. "That's exactly it," she agreed, mulling over her words. "It's a shame SHIELD's supporting the Accords. Steve could use someone like him on his side." Once the words were out, she realised her mistake: focusing on not portraying it as her/our side had let her use his forename instead of the more neutral Captain Rogers or even Cap. Then again, neither of them truly had a neutral stance in the issue and Quake had earned the right to know that.

Posted: Mar 28 2018, 10:39 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

Daisy couldn't help but nod when Sharon said that Phil knew how to get people motivated. He had a good feel for people, what drove them, and he had a talent for finding the right words to keep that drive stoked. She figured that must have been a major part of his training (Coulson, in training. It was hard to think of the man in such a context; everything about him seemed like second nature) at the Academy of Communications. Though in his case, Daisy had to imagine that they had really only been cultivating what was already there, as opposed to teaching him anything new.

The mention of the HYDRA uprising caused her to shift around in her seat, roll her shoulders, as if she were uncomfortable in her own skin all of a sudden. "I was still pretty green when that went down. But yeah. Yeah, I was part of his team. One of our own turned out to be a HYDRA mole, which was... a thing." Part of her still wished she'd been the one to get the chance to ultimately kill Ward. She'd entertained some very grim, dark thoughts about what she'd do to him when his betrayal became known. "Far as I could tell, aside from some side effects from Tahiti, Phil was alright. Did his job, made sure we all got out of the whole mess alive."

The corners of Daisy's mouth twitched in the suggestion of a smile when Sharon said that she'd actually done a couple missions with Charlie. "Really? He never mentioned that to me." Of course, there hadn't been a lot of opportunities for the two of them to chat lately. And whose fault was that? "I was actually the one to bring him into the fold. Y'know, since I was one of the few people who had any idea what he was going through. The whole Inhuman thing, I mean." Daisy added, dragging her finger along the track pad of her laptop and opening up the web browser. She still had nightmares about her own Terrigenesis. The darkness of the cocoon, all-encompassing and suffocating. Breaking out of it, her powers going wild, and watching Trip crumble to dust before her eyes. Shaking her head, she focused her eyes on Sharon. "I'm sorry I missed you, too. Would've loved to see you in action." She said, forcing a smile.

There was a brief silence then, during which Daisy took the time to do some web browsing. Just checking news sites, really. Even if 99.9% of what was published these days was seven different shades of bullshit, it never hurt to stay up to date on what was going on in the world. Plus it was always fun to see what sort of libelous crap the Bugle had barfed up on any given day; good for a laugh, if nothing else.

She looked at Sharon again when she brought up the Accords, and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s apparent support of them. For a moment, the most Daisy could manage was a soft, "Ugh." The rationalist in her understood why S.H.I.E.L.D. was following the party line so far as the Sokovia Accords were concerned. The organization's reputation within government circles had lost much of its sheen following the HYDRA uprising, and continuing to operate in an unofficial capacity certainly hadn't done them any favors in that department. Now that S.H.I.E.L.D. was officially back in business and in the public eye, they needed to play nice-nice in order to ensure continued support and survival. But just because she understood didn't mean she had to like it.

"Ohhh, trust me. Phil would probably find a way to help Cap if he felt he needed it." She finally said. And she wasn't kidding. Coulson would never do anything to hurt his hero. Not even under threat of death. "But... Look, I know this is really presumptuous, but if you or Captain Rogers or anybody else needs help, I'm willing to lend a hand. Especially on the digital side of things."

@SHARON CARTER
Posted: Apr 17 2018, 09:03 PM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT

Sharon visibly winced at the revelation, all too aware of how that felt. Of the ensuing mess, renewal of trust issues and the general chaotic displacement that the realisation of 'well there were Nazis close to me in my life and I did not notice' caused. She did note the presence of side effects for later, though, and tried not to think about it too much. "Course he did. That's what he does." Her tone was fond, even nostalgic, and a fresh pang of missing SHIELD twisted at her innards.

"I think there was a silent agreement not to talk about it too much," she said with a laugh. The fact (and Sharon, at this point, did not question that it was a fact) that Quake had brought him in was oddly soothing. Everything and everyone was connected. The world was not as big as it had felt to Sharon when she had been 'green' herself, all those years ago. "Makes sense. And hey, maybe we'll get to work together in the future." Contacts were contacts and Quake's abilities were, well, news-worthy. Definitely a good ally to have on a mission.

That brought laughter to her face. Phil and Steve had a tenuous relationship, as far as she was aware, but he had never been shy about his admiration of the man. Or at least, about the legend that Steve had unintentionally fostered when he fell into the ice. For a moment, Sharon merely looked at her. Thought about it. Then she took out her phone, opened up the contact list and handed it to Quake. "Add yourself. I'm not promising I won't change the nickname but..." Sharon shrugged, her smile roguish as she stood up. "And I should probably think about heading back."

@DAISY JOHNSON | sorry for the wait!
Posted: May 15 2018, 08:18 AM
Quake
30 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
131 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5

Daisy noted the flinch when she told Sharon that someone on Coulson's team had been compromised. She could only imagine the time Carter'd had of it when it was revealed that S.H.I.E.L.D. had been compromised. One mole was bad enough, but finding out that you'd been surrounded by the enemy the whole time? Lesser individuals would've had some kind of nervous breakdown, assuming they even made it out alive. A testament to Carter's resolve, if nothing else. For a fleeting moment, Daisy felt the urge to salute her. But instead she opted for a vague smile and a nod when she said that keeping his people alive was was Coulson did. "Yes it is."

She tilted her head back and chuckled when Sharon made it clear that the missions she'd gone on with Charlie... hadn't gone so great. Daisy could certainly believe it. Charlie was at his best behind a computer, not holding a gun. And he'd be the first to admit it. "Well I mean, it couldn't have gone too badly. You're still in one piece from where I'm sitting, and so was he, last I saw him." She said with a grin, leaning forward and scanning the screen of her laptop. Her eyebrows perked up when Sharon made the suggestion that there was a possibility of them teaming up in the future. "I fly solo these days. Less risk of somebody dying because I made a bad call." Daisy looked over the top of her laptop at Carter. "But who knows? Maybe I'll need backup sooner or later."

The conversation seemed to fly by then, jumping from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s relationship with the Accords to Coulson and his hero worship of Captain Rogers, and then all of a sudden Sharon was laughing. Daisy didn't fully understand what, in that whole exchange, the senior agent found so amusing, but her laughter proved infectious, and she couldn't help a quiet giggle of her own. Then Carter pulled out her phone, tapped the screen a couple times, and slid it across the table to her, before standing up. Right, contacts. Okay.

Staring down at the phone, Daisy quickly typed in the number for her current burner phone, her fingers dancing across the on-screen keyboard as deftly as they did her laptop's. "I can't promise you that I'll have this number even a week from now. I go through burners like candy." She said, stopping for a moment and frowning at the text field for her name. She couldn't just type in "Quake," now could she? That'd just be asking for Sharon to get in trouble. And "Daisy" was out of the question, as well. Eventually, she went with her standard alias: "Cory Sutter." After typing it in, Daisy handed the phone back to Sharon. "Text me your number when you get the chance so I can write it down. I switch phones, I'll shoot you a text to let you know."

She stood up as well, powering down her laptop and closing it, before sliding it into her attache case. "You stay safe, Mary." Daisy said, flashing Sharon a knowing smile as she shouldered her bag and left the coffee shop, melting into the crowd of pedestrians on the sidewalk.

@SHARON CARTER | And I'd say that's a wrap!
Posted: Jun 16 2018, 02:22 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp The Killing Joke