ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Snow Blind: Room in the Inn, - marshall, open -
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
Snow. Why did it have to be snow? The vendor up the street was gone, boarded up and headed home. Her mother was determined to keep her place open as long as humanly possible so she had started sleeping there as well. Great. Not that Claire was much different, seeing as she started sleeping in the clinic. In fact, she was there currently, blissfully asleep and unaware that the power went out during the night. As her phone alarm went off, Claire jerked awake from the surprise. Sleeping on medical beds wasn’t exactly the easiest thing. But she had done it before and could do it again. At least her mother brought a small cot to be set up at the café.

With a yawn, Claire could tell her toes and noes were frozen – power was out. She slipped into some thick socks and boots before moving to the back of the place. After a few moments (and colorful Spanish curses), the generator had kicked on. Time to unlock the door and see if anyone needed to take shelter from the storm. Looking outside, she could barely even see the bright orange signs she had posted seeking part time help. Some donors threw a bit of money her way so she could hire someone, but someone working for food and coffee alone would be excellent.

Not that she expected any job applicants in this weather, of course.

Briefly smacking the top of the radio, she turned it on in hopes of finding some semblance of a weather report. Meanwhile, she went back to folding blankets and organizing the few pieces of supplies she managed to put together – including the stacks of canned food. Most of it was vegetables, something eaten easily without worrying about having to heat it. Sure, soup was generally better warmed up, but it could still be nourishing for you even if you had no power. A quick glance towards the door told her no one was there. At least, not yet.

Honestly, she might have to go clear some of the snow drift from the front of the clinic so people could get to it. Just … great.

@MARSHALL TIGER | hope this works!

Posted: Feb 5 2018, 12:17 AM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

It’s cold. It’s gotta be cold. Snow is cold. Why am I not cold? A blessin’ in disguise? No, can’t be; my fingers are jus’ ‘bout purple.

Those fingers curled to make fists before being shoved into the thin pockets of his jacket. The snowstorm really hadn’t been much of a surprise - well, yes and no. The discarded newspapers he’d found in various dumpsters had all called for cold, maybe snowy weather, but he didn’t think it’d get this bad. Trudging through the snow was a strenuous effort but he had to thank his (semi) lucky stars that he didn’t feel the need to bury his face into his coat collar like everyone that passed by him down the sidewalk.

It would be some time before he could get back to the place he called home. Really, it was nothing more than an abandoned building he’d found that had at least part of the roof in tact enough to keep out the rain and whatever else fell from the sky, so it was homey enough. But when trekking across the city felt more like a vertical climb up an icy rock face? No thanks. Better to just find some sort of shelter and bunker down for a while. Stay warm, or whatever that was anymore.

He kept the fists pressed deep into the pocket as he kept his path close to the buildings. With the wind whipping snow around, he had to squint in order to see anything, or to not run into someone else who was equally blinded. And while they continued to obstruct their vision with scarves around their faces, his cheeks reddened from the biting cold he could not feel, but he happened to catch a flash of orange in his peripheral. A pause halted his strides for a moment before he found the orange again: a paper behind a window. Curious, Marshall cut some through a drifted snowbank in order to read the sign.

Part-time help for a clinic.

A glance was shot up in an effort to see the name of the building but the attempt was botched as soon as he realized that wasn’t important at the moment. He maneuvered out of the bank and then found the door, opening it and hesitating just a moment before stepping inside with a great deal of caution, as if putting his worn boots down lightly would lessen any mess melting snow would make.

”Hello?” He closed the door behind him. ”I saw your flier an’ so I was curious if you still need a part-timer.” The thought that he clearly didn’t look clean-cut or presentable was shoved far from mind. It never hurt to ask about things, of course, so it was a shot in the dark.

@CLAIRE TEMPLE If I need to fix anything just lemme know!

Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:12 PM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
To say that someone was massively underdressed for the weather was an understatement. As the guy came through the door, she had turned towards it (naturally). And instead of hearing anything that he said, her eyes were already taking him in, up and down, seeing if there were any obvious injuries. His boots looked ready to fall apart at the seams (duct tape was around somewhere). His jacket? Had also seen better days. Was certainly more of a jacket and not a full blown coat, like one would need in this weather. No scarf. No hat? Barely anything to protect him against the wind and the snow. He stood there, timid and shy looking. As if the snow melting off of him was causing a bother.

And he asked for a job.

“First of all,” Claire had already grabbed a blanket after taking him in from across the room. She quickly moved to wrap it around him and pull him in more, hopefully able to find some semblance of heat. At least he was out of the weather. Maybe she could try that sketchy looking space heater? The generator was doing what it could for power, but the heating system either wasn’t working or she just could feel the cold through her layers. And this poor boy was almost wearing fewer layers than she was and she had been sleeping indoors!

“I want to get you warm. Are you hurt anywhere? Frostbite can set in quickly in this weather, you know,” there was a warm, but firm tone to her voice. She wanted to help and get him squared away before she entertained the idea of him working for her. Besides, who was he? What could he do? Too many questions to ask at once. “I’m Claire, by the way. The … uh, owner of this clinic. Some call me Nurse Temple, but I prefer Claire. Especially if you want to possibly work here,” she shrugged, trying to put together hot coffee without even asking if he wanted some, just assuming he might.

“And why do you think it would be good for you to be a part-timer here?” Claire was honestly just curious at this point. Even if her first priority was still warming up his core temperature and hopefully checking on his fingers and toes. With the back of her hand, she rubbed her cold nose as it tried to run a little. The ball, as they say, was in his court.

@MARSHALL TIGER

Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:06 PM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

He’d hardly finished the last words from his mouth before who he assumed was the owner of the clinic was fetching a blanket and approaching to put it around his shoulders. The added layer did nothing, really, but she didn’t know that, and he didn’t want to be rude by saying he felt entirely fine beforehand. So he smiled at her in an appreciative manner, allowing himself to be towed further into the room where he assumed it was warmer.

”Hurt? No, I feel jus’ fine. But, uh…” The hand with the purple-tipped fingers was taken from the pocket and the fist uncurled. Sure enough, the ends still showed the signs of frostbite. ”Ain’t seen my toes yet, though.” But he figured he needed to check them, too, since his socks had seen far better days, and in certain parts of his boots, the sock was the only thing protecting his feet from the elements.

With his other hand he held the blanket around himself while she left him. For a moment, he allowed himself to look around the clinic. Nothing too fancy, but certainly not subpar; right up his alley. So the real question now was if whether or not he could tell her the truth and not be chased off or forced to set pen to paper with signing his life away to NATO. But, as he liked to put it, when it came down to saving lives, did it really matter if the healing was through a special ability?

”Thank you, Claire.” Again he gave her a smile, absentmindedly wrapping his questionable fingers in the fabric of the blanket that was just about too soft for him to feel. If he wasn’t looking down at it, he didn’t quite think he’d know he was holding onto it. A little breath was taken and he steadied himself, pursing his lips together. Everything he’d read from discarded magazines and newspapers pointed to bad things happening if he outed himself as “not normal.” And if she was one of those people that was iffy about the “abnormal” ones, he figured running would be his best option. Someone would have to be crazy to chase him down in a snowstorm.

”I, uh… have a ‘natural talent’ for healin’, you could say.” A subtle way to put it. Hopefully she’d catch implication. Even if not, he was still quick to jump into defending his ability’s reliability. ”Tried ‘n’ true, it works, I promise. All I gotta do’s touch their arm or some’in’ ‘n’ they’re better. I’ve fixed ever’thin’ from scrapes t’ broke bone. I really think some’in’ like this shouldn’t go t’ waste.”

@CLAIRE TEMPLE
Posted: Feb 8 2018, 08:33 AM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
At least he let her put the blanket on his shoulders. Was it intrusive? Perhaps. Did he need it? Certainly. Then again, he could’ve been one of those powered folks who could self-heat or something, she didn’t know. Was that a thing? But he looked cold. The shade of his nose and the general ensemble of what might be considered ‘clothing’ that he was wearing wasn’t doing anything to help against the icy temperatures.

Claire wanted to visit her family in the warmer countries when it got this cold.

“How do you feel fine!?” A small gasp escaped the nurse as he unfurled frostbitten fingers. If he wasn’t careful, they would fall off! Was she being overdramatic? Only slightly. She muttered some curses in Spanish under her breath when he mentioned not seeing his toes. “So help me, I will find you better footwear,” Claire was determined now. Maybe it was because she had a distinct lack of patients today? She needed someone to take care of.

And if he wanted to help her out, she couldn’t have him falling apart.

“How long have you not been able to feel your fingers?” She glanced up at him from across the room. “Because if they’re that color … it’d be a miracle if you felt anything. Can you feel your toes?” She finished making the coffee and made her way over to him, gesturing at a chair. “Slowly sip this, okay? I want to work on warming you up from the inside out,” Claire set her own coffee down and was about to get back up again to find clothes - especially footwear.

How did he manage all the way here in this weather?

But he started saying something, something along the lines of how he could heal people. Sure, she was a healer too, but Claire was starting to get the impression that he was not one in the same way she was. She had to go to school to learn her trade. It came naturally to him. Another person with abilities. Maybe she had an ability? To draw these folks in like moths to a flame. “So … you’re saying you have powers,” she looked back towards him, making sure she was understanding his meaning.

“And before you freak out on me, I’m not about to tell on you or call the cops or anything,” Claire waved a hand. “I’m trying to build a reputation as someone who can take care of those who … can’t exactly wind up at a hospital,” she shrugged. “So your secret is safe with me.”

@MARSHALL TIGER
Posted: Feb 13 2018, 02:09 PM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

He gave her a rather sheepish look, one that read that there was more behind what he had shared. ”I jus’... feel fine,” he repeated, a little shrug coupling with his words. There really wasn’t another way he could put it since he didn’t understand his powers beyond the fact that he physically felt nothing but could take peoples’ wounds and heal them. And the comment about his shoes had him glancing down at the worn fabric and the tears that lined where the shoe bent regularly. Okay, he’d give her that one: he did need new kicks. It just never crossed his mind when he couldn’t feel water coming in through holes or the cold seeping through the thin material.

”Um… a, uh…. A long time. But that ain’t ‘cause’a the cold.” He pursed his lips together as he looked at his hand, curling and uncurling the purple-tipped fingers. There really wasn’t a doubt in his mind that his toes probably looked the same and he wasn’t quite looking forward to hearing what Claire would have to say about that. He’d half the mind to go ahead and take his shoes off but she was coming back with a cup of coffee. The steam that rose up from the liquid immediately told him that it was hot, so when she handed the mug over, he made sure to take it by the handle and avoid grabbing the entire thing. Not that he would’ve felt the burn, but he knew better than to recklessly do things that would hurt him even if there was no pain involved.

Marshall nodded his thanks and sat in the chair while holding the blanket around him still, sipping slowly as instructed. Her question, however, when she looked back, had him hesitant for only a moment before she explained herself further. The clinic was a safe place and so was Claire; that prompted a small smile to come to his face. The chair felt much more comfortable now.

”That’s music to my ears.” He smiled at her over the lip of the mug as he sipped once more. ”I, uh. I can’t feel anythin’ physically. Which is why I can’t feel this--” the frostbitten hand was raised. ”Or how hot the coffee is. Or how cold it is outside. Or this blanket.” As if to emphasize that, he rubbed his fingers on the fuzzy material once more, feeling just a twinge of sadness that he couldn’t relish the softness. ”I guess it’s a blessin’ in disguise, though, ‘cause when I take someone’s wound, I can’t feel that or the pain. So it don’t matter what wound I take, though I know I gotta be careful. Still, ain’t somethin’ I’d wanna see go to waste, ‘specially when it don’t cost them or me nothin’. ‘Sides healin’ on my part, but since it’s painless then I don’t really care.”

@CLAIRE TEMPLE

Posted: Feb 14 2018, 11:02 AM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
He just … felt fine. “Normal folks out here don’t feel fine when it’s freezing outside and you don’t have much more than a napkin to keep you warm,” Claire huffed out of the side of her mouth, meaning no disrespect but still worried for him all the same. If he felt fine, maybe he was. But his fingers were still showing signs of hypothermia and his toes were probably much the same, given what he had for shoes. Hadn’t someone donated socks and some sort of semblance of shoes? As she looked for shoes, Claire remembered having picked some up herself, in fact. Just some fleece-lined rubberized boots, but something was better than nothing.

After setting him up with the coffee, she turned to look in another bin, to prevent herself from pestering him too much. Hey, he had come to her, after all. Claire was going to help him, whether he wanted it or not. And, if he was right, then maybe he could help her? A little … ‘quid pro quo’? “Tell me about it,” she encouraged him to explain what he meant, why he didn’t feel them. And because it wasn’t the cold. That was ominous. She returned to him with the pair of boots (probably at least a size too big for him) and some thick socks. As well as some gloves attached to a fuzzy hat. Claire handed them to him, wanting to inspect his fingers and toes, but deciding to give him a minute or two of warming up with the coffee first.

“So … you can’t feel temperature changes or things which are soft versus hard. What about deep pressure? I mean … say if someone shakes your hand firmly, can you feel that?” Her mind was already wondering about the depth and breadth of his abilities, or … were those side effects? Not being able to feel? What was he really here for, then? Just not being able to feel? Her mind was still chewing on the implications of that information alone when he stared explaining the rest of it. That he could heal people, but at what risk? He took on their wounds? But he couldn’t feel them? If someone was close to death, would he then be close to death? Did he have some sort of personal accelerated healing factor like that guy with the wings she helped?

“Okay … how does that work? If someone has a cut on their hand, you take it from them and they’re fine but you have cut on your hand now? Do you heal faster than the average Joe?” Her brow went up, her mind still not wrapping around this entirely.

@MARSHALL TIGER

Posted: Feb 18 2018, 03:44 PM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

A “hot” cup of coffee was a foreign concept to him. Everything he drank was the same temperature, but thankfully his ability never affected how he tasted things. However, he could tell when a drink or some food was too hot by the way taste diluted, meaning his tongue had been burned. Little tricks like that were what told him that his body was, in fact, being hurt even though he couldn’t feel it. The cup of coffee in his hand wasn’t any different but he had simply come to assume that the drink needed to be sipped slowly to avoid not being able to taste it.

”I dunno,” was the only response he could come up with. Explaining how he couldn’t feel things felt similar to trying to explain why air was clear. It just was. ”Truthfully, your guess is as good as mine. I don’ understand anythin’ about bein’ Inhuman.” The coffee mug was switched to his other hand but then was set down as Claire brought over a pair of rubber boots and some socks that looked delightfully fuzzy. He bent down and merely pulled the ratty shoes from his feet, peeled off the thin and worn socks, and sucked in a breath when purple toes appeared. ”Oh hell,” he muttered quietly.

Her question was almost missed as he inspected the toes but he looked back up at her. ”Depends on how firm the grip is.” Marshall straightened up and picked the coffee mug to sip from it again. ”If it’s like a death grip, then yeah, but if it ain’t, then no. It’s kinda like when your hand goes real numb an’ you can’t feel nothin’. You see you’re pokin’ your finger, you know you should be feelin’ somethin’, but you don’.” A shrug moved his shoulders and he took the fuzzy hat to pull over his damp hair, not really feeling the effects of the added layer but assuming it would help.

”Thanks for all this,” he said, ”an’ you’re pretty much right on the nose, there. If you got a cut on your hand, all I gotta do is make skin contact with you, an’ that cut basically gets moved from you t’ me. You’re all healed up in a few seconds. That cut will appear on me, but it won’t be as intense. A stab on you would jus’ be a bad cut on me. An’ I kinda heal faster, yeah, but since the wounds show up on me not as intense as they were on their original host, I don’ really need a super fast healin’ rate. Like this one time some poor fella broke his arm - busted the bone clean in half - so I took it, an’ on me it was jus’ a fracture, I think. Nothin’ too bad.”

@CLAIRE TEMPLE I apologize for the wait!

Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:58 PM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
“Inhuman?” She echoed, trying to wrack her brain as to what that meant. That guy who saw electronic transmissions and such, wasn’t he an Inhuman? “I think one of my regular patients is Inhuman, too. Do you have any … side effects? Headaches? Anything other than the whole not feeling thing?” Claire gestured at his hands briefly. But at his muttering comment of ‘oh hell’, her eyes dropped to where his had gone. His feet. They were nearly frostbitten and ready to fall off.

“You’ve really got to be careful and take better care of yourself. Check on your hands and feet regularly. You can always come raid my stash of misfit clothes,” she gestured at the somewhat organized pile. Usually it was just a box in the back corner, ready and willing to be put to use when needed. Homeless folks were not uncommon around here and she hoped to be an open and welcome place for all to come, should they need.

Claire nodded, sipping her own coffee as he explained what it felt like. If it was a tight grip, he could feel it. But otherwise, no. It was interesting, to say the least. Being only the second Inhuman that she helped (that Claire knew of), it certainly was going to continue to be a learning curve. Just … powered people in general were so different. Just like regular humans in their uniqueness. Maybe one day she would write a book.

She smiled warmly when he added a layer to his head. Preferably, he would’ve been cleaned up and dried off before doing so, but every little bit helped. Even if he couldn’t feel it. What must it be like to not feel? It seemed a sad existence.

“And when you take on other people’s injuries, it doesn’t hurt you at all?” She blinked at him, wanting to test it but at the same time slightly unsure. The ever curious nurse. Finally, she decided to ask. One wouldn’t know if one didn’t ask, right? “Can you … can you show me?” She didn’t mind volunteering herself as a guinea pig. Besides, if he was to be helping her with patients, she wanted to know more about it. Even know about it first hand.

@MARSHALL TIGER | no problems, hun!
Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:01 AM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

Marshall hummed in thought for just a moment as he thought, then slowly shook his head. ”No, not really. I just really gotta be careful with how much I take on since I can’t feel what damage I’m doin’ to myself. But I do know when I’m reachin’ my limit ‘cause I’ll just… feel tired. Exhausted. Just real sluggish and out of energy.” Probably, he figured, it was his body’s way of forcing him to stop and rest so it could focus on healing those wounds. He’d only reached that state a few times but it was a very distinguishable exhaustion. One that he really couldn’t ignore.

”Yeah.” His admittance that he needed to take care of himself was quiet and he looked down at his cup of coffee, watching the little tendrils of steam still rise up, but they were thinner than they’d been in the beginning. The drink was finally cooling off. Marshall took another sip, relishing the taste and noticing that it wasn’t becoming diluted or bland like liquids and food always did when his tongue was burned. With that realization, he drank a little more, thankful that his sense of taste hadn’t been taken away along with touch.

”Doesn’t hurt me any, no.” A shake of the head was given after he’d swallowed the mouthful of coffee. When she asked if he could show him, he finally looked back up at her, both surprised but also interested in the fact that she seemed curious about the ability he considered both a blessing and a curse. ”Sure, I can show you. I figure you know what that means you gotta do, but… it can even just be a papercut, though that might only show up like a little red mark on me since it would be a small thing on you. Or - or do you got any cuts that are healin’ right now? Or a skinned knee, or a carpet burn, a rope burn…” He’d gestured with his purple-tipped hand as he thought out loud and rattled off possible injuries she might have. ”Or if there’s anyone nearby that you know’s got somethin’ they need healed. Anythin’. I just don’t wanna put yourself in a situation where you gotta do somethin’ you’re not comfortable with doin’.”

@CLAIRE TEMPLE | Marshall: PLEASE DON'T HURT YOURSELF TOO BAD BECAUSE OF ME

Posted: Mar 15 2018, 09:52 AM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
Claire supposed this not feeling thing was Marshall’s side effect. It was a major side effect, since the kid basically had frostbite across his extremities. Gently warming him up should bring them around. Hopefully. If they were able to respond enough to the cold to change colors on him, then surely they would respond enough to the warmth of the clinic (and the provided blanket) to warm back up and turn pink again. Oh, and running out of energy. That made sense. “You should try to keep some food on you, then. Something with some sugar in it, get your energy back up. Don’t want you falling into a coma or something,” Claire smirked slightly, trying to make light of the situation.

The reality was he probably couldn’t afford an energy bar to keep in his pocket. If his pockets even functioned. Gosh, he needed new clothes. And a place to stay that wasn’t on the streets. Or, at least, a sheltered place to stay on the streets. Not that Claire was judging, she was just genuinely concerned with everyone who lived on the streets, especially during times like this what with the snow and the low temperatures at night. Someone could freeze out there. Someone might have already frozen out there.

Claire took a sip of her own coffee as Marshall sipped on his.

He seemed surprised when she asked for a demonstration. Well, if he expected to work in her clinic, Claire wanted to know what she was working with. She didn’t really think about it when she had asked the question, but now that it was in the air between them and he started rattling off various injuries, Claire had to think. Sure, she had cut herself shaving her legs, but that was basically nothing and had already healed. Oh, that weird bruise on her leg from running into something in the middle of the night! That would work, right?

“I do have this mystery bruise. I think I ran into something in my room the other night, I don’t know,” she bent down to roll up the pant leg on her left leg, revealing the 3-inch discoloration on her shin. “It’s a tiny bit sore, but … anyway, I don’t know if that’s enough for you to work with?” Claire shrugged, still intensely curious.

@MARSHALL TIGER | literally she’s me right now because I dunno where my bruises come from 90% of the time
Posted: Mar 26 2018, 09:14 AM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

He gave a nod, something more similar to a side-to-side bob of the head, making sure to swallow his coffee before responding to her. ”I try t’ keep food on me when I can. Filet mignon, baked Alaska, beef wellin’ton, ratatouille… whatever I find in the dumpsters.” Piggybacking off her lighthearted tone, Marshall managed to crack a little grin at her. For the most part, however, his little backpack housed anything packaged or canned that could be saved for later. Anything with a shelf life so he could save it for when he needed it the most. And when he could, soup kitchens were a lifesaver. Literally.

The Inhuman listened intently and watched as Claire bent over to show him a very colorful bruise situated on her leg. Her questioning was met with yet another nod, though this time a more confident one. ”Plen’y t’ work with.” He set his coffee mug down gently and then bent over to roll up his own pant leg, essentially mimicking what she’d just done in order so that she could see whatever appeared on his skin in the same location. ”Might not turn up as much, but you’ll still see somethin’ there.”

Reaching out, Marshall only softly set one purple-tipped finger to the nurse’s skin. Instantaneously the bruise began to fade on her skin, and a lesser version of that injury came to appear on the Inhuman’s leg. When all was said and done, Claire’s leg was returned to normal.

”Easy peasy.” He leaned back, keeping his bare shin exposed so that she could take however long she wished to look at it. ”You can hit it if you want, I won’t feel nothin’.” Not that he really expected her to but the offer still stood so that he could prove his point. ”I don’t think I heal any faster than a normal person, though, so anythin’ I take on will run a normal healin’ course.”

@CLAIRE TEMPLE xD Also I apologize for the shorter reply D:
Posted: Mar 31 2018, 07:42 PM
CLAIRE TEMPLE
years old
0 posts
When he started mentioning the food he tried to eat and so forth, Claire’s eyebrows practically disappeared into her hair. How was someone living on the street finding such high-class food? Oh, dumpsters. Right. “So living in one of the best places for fancy restaurants must come in handy for you, hmm?” She hummed, still quite impressed that he was able to find things like that. Were people leaving it for him purposefully? Or just finding leftovers and praying that his immune system would handle whatever disgusting things were crawling around on it. Microorganisms that could probably kill someone so much as look at them. She resisted the shiver that wanted to go down her spine, mostly for his sake. It seemed to be working out well for him so far.

“I’m sure if you need food and the dumpsters aren’t cooperating, I can get you something free at Mami’s café. She will insist on feeding you until you’re stuffed, though, I will warn you,” Claire laughed lightly, her mother really did have such a sweet, caring heart to her. She wanted to make sure everyone was cared for and that was going to now include Marshall, whether he liked it or not. Claire could just imagine her mother walking in here one day while he was here and shrieking at Claire for not feeding the poor boy. In her defense, she didn’t necessarily have exciting things like a warm, home-cooked meal here.

It was going to be interesting to see how he handled this bruise. Claire honestly had no idea where the damned thing came from. Did she run into something at the clinic without realizing? At any rate, Marshall was busy carefully setting his coffee down and rolling up his own pant leg. She watched as he softly touched her skin – his fingers still painfully cold, but she didn’t jerk away. The coffee was helping to warm him. Anyway, he touched her skin delicately and then the bruise and the subtle ache was gone. Just … poof! Like it had never happened. Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped slightly as a faint bruise appeared on his leg.

The wonders of modern … not technology. Abilities? They were going to need a new phrase for these things. Every time she came across a powered person, Claire couldn’t help but feel increasingly impressed with their skills. “I’m not going to hit you,” her jaw snapped back shut as she scowled at him gently. “But thank you. When can you start? I can’t exactly pay you but … I can pay you in clothes and food and coffee,” Claire shrugged. Did he need a place to stay? That was something to worry about later.

@MARSHALL TIGER

Posted: Apr 9 2018, 09:14 AM
MARSHALL TIGER
years old
0 posts

”Well, I was partially jus’ jokin’, but you’re still right. Snoopin’ ‘round the fancy part’a town certainly has its perks.” The wealthy really just didn’t understand the concept of keeping leftovers. Bad for them, good for people like Marshall. His attention came up to Claire at the mention of free food that wasn’t served atop a pile of trash. ”I’d really appreciate that. Honest.” And a little smile turned the curve of his mouth upward. ”If all I gotta worry ‘bout is eatin’ ‘til I’m sick, it’s gon’ be a great day.”

He made the physical contact on her leg as minimal as possible, just long enough that he was certain her bruise had disappeared entirely. Fortunately there was the discoloration to go off of, whereas broken bones required observation of both wound and the victim’s expression when they finally found relief. He couldn’t help but give her a proud little grin when her reaction was one of awe. Still made him beam some when people found his ability to be amazing.

”Ain’t no trouble at all,” he said, bending down to unroll his dirty pant leg and smooth it out. Keeping an eye on her, he reached back for his coffee and took a sip of it as he straightened, humming happily when the temperature of it seemed to have dropped to allow for more frequent drinking. ”Sounds like a perfect payment plan t’ me. I can start right now, if you want.” Marshall looked up over the lip of the mug at his new boss and polished off the last of the coffee. Despite the warmth he couldn’t feel, he was so thankful that the taste still lingered on his tongue. Yep, she’d made some great coffee.

Putting the mug back onto the little counter top, he looked down at both of his wrists almost shamefully. ”I, uh… jus’ ain’t sure I can get here on time. I don’t have a watch or nothin’ t’ get me up so I can get here in a timely manner. I also don’ wanna impose on you since you been so nice t’ me already but I also don’ wanna be late my first day...” He gave her a sheepish smile.

@CLAIRE TEMPLE

Posted: Apr 11 2018, 06:54 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp The Killing Joke