Seismic, Daisy
SHARON CARTER
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 09:46 AM
Reb is Online

30 years old
Agent 13
Human
134 posts

Sharon did not like this at all. There was nothing about this that suggested a happy ending and, frankly, she did not take well to blackmail. Between the general aura of mystery in her unknown contact and all the blanks that were impossible for Sharon to fill-in herself, a sense of malaise had wormed its way into her gut and she could not shake off the feeling that this was a trap.

A trap in a very public, very accessible coffeehouse but still. It could mean that whoever showed up cared little for collateral damage and that, in itself, was terrifying. Walking inside - flats, not heels - she chose a table near the fire escape and sat down with her hot chocolate.

She pulled out her phone, checking her notifications for anything work (or 'work')-related. It had been easy enough to inform Warren's assistant that she was taking lunch out of the office with a friend (completely straight-faced, she was a professional). Even if she had not intention of eating. It was not a day for burgers. When the chair opposite her was pulled out, Sharon looked the newcomer up and down. The body language implied that it was not some innocent bystander looking to share a meaningless coffee with a stranger so it was time to bite the bullet. "Do I get to know a name or am I just calling you Eyeliner Goals?" Or something equally cheesy. She could work on it. There were more than enough people running around with funny, ironic and downright terrible nicknames that she could ask for advice.

Sharon sipped from her cup, eyes fixed coldly on the woman. Might as well get straight to the point. "So. What can I do for you?"

@DAISY JOHNSON | hope this works! so sorry for the wait!!
PMWebsite
^
DAISY JOHNSON
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:40 PM
Jay is Online

29 years old
Quake
Inhuman
23 posts

Hacking didn't work the way it did in the movies. At least, not exactly. It wasn't a heat-of-the-moment thing, where you're frantically pounding away at the keyboard trying to worm your way through a system. There were no pitched duels between hackers, none of that crap. End the day, hacking boiled down to two things: exploiting vulnerabilities in software, and social engineering. This fell into the social engineering side of the equation.

Daisy had been doing some digging into Worthington Industries. Part of a broader campaign against corporate America. A tall order for one woman, but ultimately, it was business as usual; not much different from what she did during her time with Rising Tide, in fact. She'd decided to work her way up from the bottom of the list (Arranged in alphabetical order, natch), which meant Worthington came up pretty quickly. What followed was the usual preliminary research: putting feelers out, sifting through all the information on the corporation that was available publicly to get the lay of the land. If the Wall Street Journal and Daily Bugle were to be believed, Worthington Industries was legit, didn't have its hands in any rotten pies.

Which meant she'd need to dig deeper. So she started cracking her way into the corporate network, sifting through internal memos and emails. First bit of pay dirt Daisy hit was a full, up-to-date list of all employees currently working under the Worthington umbrella. From there, it was a matter of hooking up with her contacts at the DMV and the Department of Records to get drivers licenses and birth certificates pulled. Imagine her surprise when the certificate for one person in particular came up missing: Mary Nolan, Warren Worthington's personal secretary.

So Daisy pulled on that thread a little to see what came loose. As far as any official records were concerned, Mary had come out of nowhere. There were school records, references from prior work places. But no birth certificate, and there were significant gaps spread out in between. That meant one thing: spook. Already waist deep in this hole, Daisy kept on digging, until eventually, she hit the jackpot in the form of some security footage filed away on an old server. Footage of Ms. Nolan breaking into an evidence locker to retrieve a very familiar shield, along with some other goodies. Somebody had been sloppy in disposing of this video. Whether it was a mistake on Nolan's (Or should she say Carter?) end or just another example of overworked and underpaid IT guys letting something slip through the cracks, she didn't know, and honestly, she didn't care. What mattered was that she could use this.

She reached out to Carter more or less as soon as she'd uncovered and downloaded the video file, along with some other dirt. Told her she'd found it, sent some screenshots as proof, along with a meeting place, then waited for her response. Carter got back to her within the hour, giving her a date and time.

So that was why Daisy was now standing in the corner of a busy coffee shop in Queens, nursing a caramel macchiato and watching the door with laser focus. She'd made a point of coming unarmed. Well, as unarmed as an Inhuman earthquake machine could possibly be. No guns, no knives. She'd even left her taser back in the van. Despite the picture the news liked to paint of her, the vigilante had no intention of hurting Sharon, in any form. She was former S.H.I.E.L.D., and that still meant something to her. Sipping her coffee, Daisy shouldered the strap of her black attache case, inside of which her laptop sat rather snugly.

A smile crept across her face as she watched a tall blonde saunter into the coffee house. Give Carter credit; she had a good poker face. Just looking at her, no one would ever guess that she was meeting up with a potential blackmailer. Daisy waited for Carter to order some coffee and take a seat before approaching her. Said approach was pretty brazen, amounting to little more than the scrape of a chair being dragged over the tile floor and an unceremonious thud as she set her briefcase down on the table Sharon was sitting at.

"Do I get to know a name or am I just calling you 'Eyeliner Goals?'"

Daisy flashed her a sardonic sort of smile at that. "I mean, you could call me that. Wouldn't be the worst name somebody's given me." That honor went to "Mary Sue Poots." Nothing would ever top that in her eyes. Tracing the rim of her coffee cup with a black-painted nail, her eyes met Sharon's. "But if you want a name, I can give you one. Guarantee you've heard it before. News likes to call me 'Quake.'" Daisy punctuated this with a sip of her macchiato, casual as could be, as if she hadn't just dropped the bombshell that she was one of those dangerous "enhanced" individuals the media pundits loved to scaremonger about.

"But what about you? Do I call you 'Mary'? Or 'Sharon'?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. She could understand if Carter was on edge. If she were in her shoes, she'd be tense, too. But she had to bank on the assumption that the agent wouldn't start anything in a place this public. And for now, she seemed willing to play ball, asking Daisy what it was she wanted. "Well, Ms. Carter, you seem like a woman who doesn't waste time, so I'll pay you that courtesy." A pause, as she sipped her coffee. "I'm looking into Worthington Industries. Normally, I'd just brute force my way into the company network and take the information I want, but then I found you, and figured you could make things a lot simpler for me. I want you to tell me about any dirty dealings Worthington might be involved in, at least that you're aware of."

@SHARON CARTER Woof. This turned into a novella. But hey! Hopefully that means I gave you at least something to work with! =D
PM
^
SHARON CARTER
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:25 AM
Reb is Online

30 years old
Agent 13
Human
134 posts

The thing about working a firmly white-collar job every day of the week (even if it was just a cover) was that its associated mannerisms became something of a habit; everything from the high posture walk to the faintly disinterested tone of voice, it was ingrained in the persona and thus, when Sharon was Mary, in her. Undercover work required absolute dedication (or at least it had when she had been at SHIELD) and Sharon would not permit her misgivings about the shady meeting to taint her professionalism.

The screenshots had been what had truly struck fear into her heart. Those linked her to the misadventure in Berlin. To Steve, the wanted fugitive and the man who, well, she refused to analyse her connection to. If this woman thought she was going to be able to unearth something there, she had another thing coming.

Her eyes scanned over the briefcase, internally stifling the urge to simply snatch it and run. The woman was good - there was no way that these were her only copies - and making an enemy out of someone who had the potential to ruin all the progress Sharon had made these past two years was a move foolish beyond belief. So she simply returned the smile, one of cordial civility, and awaited the blackmailer's demands. Her eyebrows raised, legs crossing under the table. Enhanced being with compromising footage. Great. "Nice to be able to put a face to the name," she returned, almost sincere. Sure, there were many unregistered heroes out there but there were just as many villains and Sharon was leaning towards classing Quake as the latter. "But you do know that I'm obliged to report you to the authorities, don't you?" Her tone was equally conversational. If the video surfaced and her loyalty came into question, this woman would be the first (and only?) name she offered up. Currently, Sharon felt that she owed her nothing.

Sharon's response to that was a thin-lipped smile and a sip from her hot chocolate. She was feeling more and more Agent 13 by the second. Then the request surfaced - alongside an earnestly aggressive description of work that Sharon could almost empathise with wanting to do - and her eyes closed for a second. Clearly Quake had discovered similar information to that of her superiors, those who had sent her to Warren in the first place, but the truth was (as far as she knew) that there was nothing there. Yet saying that would be too suspicious and cause further enmity. "I've been up close for months searching for exactly that. I've been to Africa and Europe on trade deals. I've built relationships with those who would have access to that kind of information." She paused for a second, partly for dramatic effect and partly because she knew that the phrasing of her next sentence was vital. "And I can honestly tell you that there is nothing dirty about Warren Worthington the third." Angel wings, clearly, did not count.

@DAISY JOHNSON | I love it <3 slow burn friendship
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black