Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Make Some Noise, Spider-Man
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8

Overview
Peter Parker is not the hardest guy to figure out. Most would assume he is a nervous wreck. They would not be wrong. He's got a lot of heart though. If you need someone on your side or to help you he's a good person to go to. So, by all means, make him your emergency contact. He has grown up plenty from where he started and become more like the heroes he looked up to. He is the quintessential nerd. He watches battlebots and collects old technology because of a fondness for updating retro collectables. The other side of Peter Parker is his much more outgoing persona which is, ironically, hidden behind a mask. When Peter is presenting himself as Spider-Man he has a knack to talk a little too much, make too many jokes, be snarkier than usual, and exude copious amounts of false bravado.
Friendly
Apart from his high school friends and other associates, Peter has grown a level of camaraderie with the remaining Avengers team members. His habit for talking too much/asking a lot of questions can become grating, as is his youthful approach to things which may make for a learning curve with becoming his friend. He likes people he can pick the brain of or can keep up with him conversationally. Without his mask he is way more nervous, less cocksure and conversationally confident because of the lack of a barrier to protect him emotionally. That timidity can be either endearing or annoying. There's a level of mistrust that can be gathered from how often he has to lie to keep his identity secret. Usually, in regards to close friends of his, they either figure it out (Mary Jane), learn by accident (Ned Leeds/May Parker) or are likely better off not knowing at all (Harry Osborn). The primary people he'd trust with his identity would be select heroes. It'd be a case by case basis.
Romantic
Peter has a checkered past when it comes to relationships. His past issues used to be central to talking to girls at all. That evolved with time and the inclusion of female friends into his life. First he had a single date to Homecoming with Liz Allan-Toomes, something that turned out to end with her father being jailed and her moving away. That was followed by his short term girlfriend Gwen Stacy. A few months together then the relationship ended grimly and, since then, he's had trouble pursuing a relationship. He has been struggling with even liking people since then. He has considered himself too irresponsible to protect someone that close at the moment. His approach to relationships are putting the other person first. He has a giving personality and tends to fall back onto his usual insecure traits when involved with people. At least, that is how he has carried on in relationships since he has never felt truly 'comfortable' in one yet. Part of that discomfort is the lack of honesty he can offer thanks to his secret identity.
Antagonistic
Peter has many enemies, a lot of them he's accumulated over his year behind a mask. From Vulture to Shocker, The Rhino to The Scorpion, he has pissed off many a villain in his day. He has a knack of prodding and annoying them with humor that takes jabs at their intelligence, outfit, name, or whatever he can come up with on the spot that could make them lose focus. That is enhanced by some of them having personal attachment to him, such as Otto Octavius, Curt Connors, and Norman Osborn. New enemies or ones that he doesn't usually run into would get a rude awakening in the form of Spider-Man giving them a headache with all the talking. Most villains tend to underestimate him until they see what he is capable of. Following the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter has a lower threshold for when he turns his focus from joking for his sake and catching his enemy off guard to absolute focus on protecting a life. This serves as both a strength for his efficiency and a weakness that villains can exploit.
Other
Peter's identity being secret remains a core part of his character, one that makes those who know it withholding information it'd take the utmost amount of his trust for him to be comfortable with. People like Mary Jane and Tony Stark found out on their own whereas he would share his identity with the likes of Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, and Natasha Romanoff, etc. It'll be a case by case basis.
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 09:33 PM
Miss Potts
41 years old
CEO of Stark Industries
52 posts
Enhanced
Ky
GMT-5
@PETER PARKER
Pepper can't approve of Peter being a superhero and putting himself in danger, but she knows that there's no controlling a bullheaded teenager. So, what's the next best thing? Making sure the risk he puts himself in is as little as possible, even if it means giving him a cutting-edge custom suit for his undercover hero work because at least he'll have a parachute, right?

Sometime after the events of Homecoming, Pepper would have reached out to Peter, because lbr Tony and Happy should not be his only influences in the superhero side of his life. She's probably already adopted Peter in her mind.
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 04:48 PM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@PEPPER POTTS

Stop trying to control teenagers, Pepper. He needs to express himself. GAWD.

No but seriously he could use a responsible input at the table xD Between Tony and Happy he could use a voice of reason rather than his two favorite enablers. If she ever needs some help he's always on call, of course.
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 05:40 PM
KURT WAGNER
years old
0 posts
&& @PETER PARKER; I have no clue why Kurt would be in NY after dark and undisguised (or to be un-disguised) but I kind of really want the two to meet? Kurt's never met someone else who can stick to walls, it's fascinating. I also think he'd really like Spiderman, after he's gotten used to the talking and the sass?

Once Kurt loosens up a little, he's a pretty mischievous person, so they probably would get along? He'd also be totally fine with secret identity, though curiosity will force him to wonder what's under the mask //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/tongue.gif But he understands wanting to be unknown, in a way.

One thing I was thinking is that maybe Kurt's snuck to the NY for some nefarious reason (maybe there's a circus and he's sort of homesick and just wants to visit, take in the atmosphere, before going back to the Institute?) and either due to a criminal element or bad luck his image inducer and thus his holographic disguise fails? I need to stop my plotting spree, my ideas aren't that stellar atm xD

Posted: Sep 29 2017, 05:25 AM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@KURT WAGNER & Peter Parker

They'd make great friends for sure! I can see Peter thinking he has a cool look for a kick off.

I like the idea of a circus thing where his inducer fails, the could be some interesting stuff to explore. That and Peter's experience with mutants is limited so it could serve as a good introduction to them and how they are just people. Plus, it'd make a great headline for the Daily Bugle to have Spider-Man swinging around next to a kid who looks like a demon xD

Also, Peter has science related questions about your teleportation!

Posted: Oct 2 2017, 06:47 PM
T'CHALLA UDAKU
years old
0 posts

@PETER PARKER ->> so I love Peter, and T'Challa will too. Even if I have to force him.

It might depend a little on how stuff goes with Pepper and Tony, but they might through Tony at some point? Or maybe at Stark Expo? I'm not really sure where to go with 'em, but I think it'd be cool if they were to meet, be it Peter & T'Challa or Spiderman & T'Challa (or even Spiderman & Black Panther, though I think black felines and Spidey don't have the best history?).

Posted: Oct 6 2017, 06:24 AM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@T'CHALLA UDAKU & PETER PARKER

A Stark Expo second meet up sounds great! They seem like a good odd couple to throw together and I remember one time when Peter went to Wakanda and got braids so,
that's a thing xD
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 07:44 AM
T'CHALLA UDAKU
years old
0 posts
@PETER PARKER ->> omg, that's something I didn't know I needed to see. Thank you for that gem xD Not sure T'Challa is into braiding, though xD Though I suppose he could be convinced, maybe? o.O

Do you want to open or should I once the Expo opens? Also, just for certainty, given that they briefly fought on the same side (yay Leipzig mess), I take it Spidey = Peter is not known to T'Challa (yet)?
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 01:21 PM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@T'CHALLA UDAKU & PETER PARKER

he had help the first go round xD

Let's go with the Expo!

Yeah, I think Peter's identity is still secret toward T'Challa.

Posted: Oct 9 2017, 03:22 PM
Doctor MacTaggert
45 years old
Geneticist
64 posts
Human
Toastie
GMT -5

@PETER PARKER
I don't have any solid plots per say, but I think that there might be a strong possibility that Peter might be familiar with Moira's work. She has contributed a lot to the field of genetics and science overall (she did win a Nobel prize after all for her work), and I feel like from that aspect there is some potential for an interesting conversation to take place between the two. Perhaps she has given a guest lecture at the school or been involved in some college prep programs. Outside of that Moira's close ties with the X-Men might have her crossing paths with Spider-Man. I am not sure where he stands with the X-Men currently but I at least see some potential from these two to cross paths from either perspective. In the end, they both are sort of fighting for the same thing, so there is some promise of interaction.
Posted: Dec 14 2017, 07:02 PM
Green Goblin
50 years old
CEO
19 posts
Enhanced
Av
CST-6

"Hey kid, sorry about the girl. My hand slipped."

You had to know I was gonna post in here sooner or later, we need awkward civilian interactions and eventually still awkward beating-the-hell-out-of-each-other interactions. @PETER PARKER

Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:33 PM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@MOIRA MACTAGGERT & PETER PARKER

Oh yeah, Peter would definitely be familiar with her work somehow. Likely through school since it is a sciences and tech focused school. A guest lecture would be perfect I think. Either that or if she was speaking at some event that Peter was getting shots for the Daily Bugle for. Peter hasn't yet gotten to cross paths with the X-Men as a whole.
He has met Kurt and Laura though, which could be a good enough jumping off point for those plots and meeting more of them. Naturally, most of what he knows about mutants is kind of a mystery since all he knows are peoples hateful opinions. That and as far as he knows the X-Men are still disbanded. Could definitely be an interesting interaction.

@NORMAN OSBORN & PETER PARKER

:| :| :| :| :| :|
>:| >:| >:| >:|

First of all welcome also HOW DARE.

Yes we do definitely need some of both, especially while Peter's going through his emo phase.
Posted: Jan 10 2018, 04:19 PM
Doctor MacTaggert
45 years old
Geneticist
64 posts
Human
Toastie
GMT -5

@PETER PARKER
I think that is the perfect set up as well. I am also opened to some event she spoke out that he happened to be attending for the Daily Bugle. I think it would be interesting for the two to touch base now and perhaps a bit later when he might start getting more in touch with the X-Men. Right now Moira is super secret about her work with them, but her other research she is quite opened about.

Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:03 PM
Mr. Fantastic
41 years old
Scientist
68 posts
Extraterrestrial
mia
GMT-3
Can Reed just point out at Pete every time any of the FF come at him with some superhero crap? Kid's fifteen, and he has to go to school, handle a bunch of weirdly themed villains, and live off a crappy part time job. When does he even get to work on his experiments? He has to outsource his suits to aliens, now! Okay, that one is kind of cool, but Reed learned the hard way not to experiment on himself just kidding he's dying to do that again. Either way, Reed's staying locked in his lab racking in the millions, thank you.

Reed would like Peter/Spider Man. He's kind of like Johnny, but smart,
and he doesn't set stuff on fire, can they trade places?, and Reed would definitely join the chorus of "let the experts handle this, go be a kid", but he would be excited to work with Peter in some science stuff or another.

Also, seriously, can Reed borrow the black suit? He just needs a tiny piece and he'll grow his own or whatever.
Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:05 PM
Spider-Man
17 years old
Photographer
167 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
@REED RICHARDS & PETER PARKER

I figure there could be some leaning on the comics since there is a very close relationship between the FF and Spider-Man that started at the beginning when he was fifteen.
I'm sure he would appreciate the Johnny comparison, although in their rivalry idk if Peter thinks Johnny is incompetent as much as it's underlying jealousy/playfulness between them. Plus they're on the road to being best friends anyway. It could be cool to get Peter more involved with them as things with the black suit progress.

Posted: Feb 18 2018, 01:18 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp The Killing Joke