Marvel Girl
27 years old
Teacher, X-Man
161 posts
Mutant
Ruth
GTM+1

BACKDROP

Unbeknownst to the X-Men, or anyone else, Emma Frost has made a deal with the closest thing to the real life devil, William Stryker himself. For the past year, he's been operating his Purifiers from the shadows, while keeping up an organized front with his company, the Crusade. Now, he's taking a more active role in order to achieve the ultimate goal, which is complete eradication of the mutant race.

Before he will mount a larger attack, he intends to learn more about what he's fighting, to see if there's anything he can use against them--and he's been just served free-of-charge test-subjects.

#1 - ABDUCTION

THY KINGDOM COME

Jean Grey is planning on taking a few students to Coney Island for some much needed fun but as you can tell by the introduction above, it's not going to go as planned. The thread is going to take place at the end of their little trip and as you might've guessed by now, be promptly kidnapped for some good times.
First part of the plot pertains to:Please answer in the thread if you want to participate! Optional, of course!

There's two choices here: First one is to have your student be kidnapped and brought with, the second one is for a student to break off to warn the X-Men although preferably this is just one or two students. If everyone wants to have their character with throughout the whole plot, alerting the X-Men will be done regardless (Chuck will do a cameo of some kind).

This will be one thread to start with and once they've gotten to the facility, we can keep playing around with interactions with Purifiers and Stryker, as well as some testing. Once the first thread is done, there will be a rescue that will be two threads, read more below.

#2 - RESCUE

For an extended period time now, the X-Men has been retired. The past couple of years they've watched the public opinion regarding mutants steadily deteriorate, but still Charles Xavier has kept them back, for their own safety. This though, is personal and hits close to home, giving them more than enough incentive to make themselves known again.

Thanks to Jubilee, the X-Men has been alerted of the abduction of Jean and the other students. With Logan tracking their scent, they find their way to Tarrytown Lighthouse, which is an entry-point for an underwater testing-facility. It's been abandoned for years, as well as forgotten but through former military contacts is how William Stryker has been able to find this location.

This part of the plot will split up into two threads. The X-Men will divide in two groups, one with the objective of distracting/subduing bad guys (armed and dangerous Purifiers) and the other group will search for the kids. At the point of the rescue though, the students will be unconscious to prevent a too crowded thread, that way the still ongoing thread with the students can continue without continuity-issues.

Group 1- main objective is to find and secure the students, although these things are never simple so they'll only find Joshua Foley and Jean Grey. They are going to be hanging from chains in the roof, both unconscious.

Group 2 - main objective is to cause a distraction but will by chance, to raise the stakes, come across Shani Katzin and Jay Guthrie, both in separate testing rooms, also unconscious both of them.

The threads should start with them having arrived and entering the facility through the lighthouse. Both groups are likely to encounter Purifiers, who's armed with a variety of weapons and armor, ranging from flamethrowers to rifles and plenty of protective gear. If need arises of NPCs in form of Purifiers, let me (Ruth) know and I will help out for more chaos, as we do have an account for them to use.

ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER
BRING THEM HOMEQuestions? Feel free to post below or poke Ruth!
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:49 AM
Storm
27 years old
Teacher
50 posts
Mutant
Josh
EST

Storm, Mistress of the Elements, commands you to release those children!!

Storm's definitely in. No one messes with her babies.

Posted: Feb 23 2018, 11:08 AM
Elixir
16 years old
X-Student
49 posts
Mutant
Reb
GMT
Kidnap Josh! It'll be fun!
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 11:53 AM
Icarus
18 years old
Student
119 posts
Mutant
Shiloh
EST
Kidnap Jay, ruin his life, mwuhahaha. If someone needs to go alert the X-men he can go, but I’ll also be happy if he stays throughout
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 01:19 PM
WARREN WORTHINGTON III
years old
0 posts

Obviously, Angel has been wanting to suit up for a while now (silly dude, flying at night and acting like everything's cool with his little mask on). So he'll be both excited to jump back into action and kinda pissed that they were taken in the first place. Also, he heals, so he'd totally volunteer to take on the bad guys directly - especially after what happened at the Expo, where he basically hunkered down and did very little attacking of said bad guys, only flying out of there with someone who was too severely injured (leading to him catching the ire of Jean, of course).

There's also the interesting note that Emma (at least at one time) tried to have Warren killed via his secretary ... so ... fun times? Not that he knows it was Emma, but still.

Also, he's particularly fond of Jay (and the other X-Kids, obvs) because he's a fellow winged dude. Kinda like a younger brother, maybe. So if Jay is one of the taken ... I dunno, thoughts. I'm rambling.

Basically, yes. Angel wants to kick Purifier ass.

Posted: Feb 23 2018, 01:25 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
104 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT
Oh yah, Shani is all in. Kidnap her, have her run (or signal) for help, rewire their radios so they hear nothing but Britney Spears at max volume... Endless possibilities.

Sounds like a hoot!
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 05:11 PM
JUBILATION LEE
years old
0 posts
Looks like I'm getting more time to post here in the near future YAY! Also, Jubes can 100% break away and let those who need informing know what the hell just happened.
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 06:07 PM
Doctor MacTaggert
45 years old
Geneticist
97 posts
Human
Toastie
GMT -5
Count Moira in! I shall be catching up with my posts tonight and tomorrow. Really excited.
Posted: Feb 24 2018, 12:26 AM
ROBERT DRAKE
years old
0 posts
Bobby here is definitely down for some action! He isn't particularly stealthy so might not be the best in actually looking for the kids, but he's an expert in creating a distraction!

Posted: Feb 26 2018, 08:36 AM
Cyclops
27 years old
Teacher
63 posts
Mutant
MAX
GMT - 8

Put those children back where you found them B|

Posted: Feb 27 2018, 02:14 PM
White Queen
28 years old
Counsellor
139 posts
Mutant
Ky
GMT-5
Emma will be sitting this out, for reasons that are obvious OOC. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif Let's just say the kidnappings have traumatised the other students and she needs to hold extra office hours to deal with their silly snowflake feelings--also, can't miss those Hellfire meetings I mean manicure appointments.
Posted: Feb 28 2018, 01:03 AM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
92 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
Really hope people weren't planning on breaking into somewhere without the resident Thief. See that capital T? He earned that.
Posted: Mar 1 2018, 08:08 PM
Marvel Girl
27 years old
Teacher, X-Man
161 posts
Mutant
Ruth
GTM+1
Okay guys! It's about time we get part 2 started soon so get your rescue-faces on. I will during tonight or tomorrow sort you guys into threads, set thread-starters and what not.

I know there's a couple of people listed semi-absent that signed up and I will for the sake of the plot moving forward leave you out for now (Lizard and Toastie) but if you return to full activity again, just hit me up and we'll of course get you sorted. There will also be more plots down the line for the X-Men, so no stress.
Posted: Apr 28 2018, 10:15 AM
Marvel Girl
27 years old
Teacher, X-Man
161 posts
Mutant
Ruth
GTM+1
#2 - RESCUE

Thanks to Jubilee, the X-Men has been alerted of the abduction of Jean and the other students. With Logan tracking their scent, they find their way to Tarrytown Lighthouse, which is an entry-point for an underwater testing-facility. It's been abandoned for years, as well as forgotten but through former military contacts is how William Stryker has been able to find this location.

This part of the plot will split up into two threads. The X-Men will divide in two groups, one with the objective of distracting/subduing bad guys (armed and dangerous Purifiers) and the other group will search for the kids. At the point of the rescue though, the students will be unconscious to prevent a too crowded thread, that way the still ongoing thread with the students can continue without continuity-issues.

Group 1- main objective is to find and secure the students, although these things are never simple so they'll only find Joshua Foley and Jean Grey. They are going to be hanging from chains in the roof, both unconscious.

Group 2 - main objective is to cause a distraction but will by chance, to raise the stakes, come across Shani Katzin and Jay Guthrie, both in separate testing rooms, also unconscious both of them.

The threads should start with them having arrived and entering the facility through the lighthouse. Both groups are likely to encounter Purifiers, who's armed with a variety of weapons and armor, ranging from flamethrowers to rifles and plenty of protective gear. If need arises of NPCs in form of Purifiers, let me (Ruth) know and I will help out for more chaos, as we do have an account for them to use. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gifQuestions? Feel free to post below or poke Ruth!
Posted: Apr 28 2018, 02:39 PM
Storm
27 years old
Teacher
50 posts
Mutant
Josh
EST

Here's the distracting team's thread!! Let's kick some Purifier asses!!

Bring Them Home

Posted: Apr 30 2018, 07:39 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.   CLOSED.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD