Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Road Trip!
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Every year Rogue took a week of personal time, the same week, every year since she’d been at the school. She packed bag and went off. She didn’t talk about where or why or what for and it was generally known that she wasn’t in a talking mood at all around that time. Some might have a clue, like the Professor, but most didn’t and she preferred it that way. She had skeletons in her closet and she didn’t like to share.

Packing a few necessities into a backpack, Rogue put on her leather jacket, the new one she’d got to make up for being shot at the mall, and headed down towards the garage. She had asked Bobby to give her a ride to the bus station and that was who she was looking for. Bobby was a good guy, as much of a jokester as possible but they actually managed to get along. Unfortunately Bobby didn’t seem to be around and a glance at the clock told her she didn’t have that much time if she wanted to catch the early bus.

She heard the roar of a cycle and looked around in hopes of another ride presenting itself. She winced a little though seeing what her alternate option was. Considering there fight lately she wasn’t sure how much pull she might have with the Cajun. Swallowing her pride, she picked up her pace, trotting over, ”Gambit!” If this was her only shot at getting to town on time she didn’t want it to ride off without her. She heaved a breath, telling herself to just get it over with girl, ”Can ah catch a ride into town?”

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 14 2018, 08:40 AM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
It was an ingrained habit, now, to roll the bike out to the garage and away from the school before turning on the engine. It's not only because of the noise, at night, but the parking spaces were tight, too, and there was really nothing to be gained from risking the Professor's cars, or Logan's bike.

But, since it was still daylight, he didn't bother getting too far, only barely passing the doors, before turning the engine alive, its sounds not yet familiar to him. It would take a few weeks, maybe, before he could start feeling like he knew her.

He heard Rogue calling his name (worse, his codename) behind him, and turned to look, warily. He wasn't late to be anywhere, one of the upsides of just showing up places unannounced, but he wasn't in the mood to fight, and he really wasn't in the mood to lose, like he felt he did, the last time. But she was packed, and dressed to leave. He worked up to ask something, but he couldn't say if they were still playing quiet. "Sure." He just said, instead, and waited for her to hop in.

They drove less than ten minutes, before Remy stopped in Elmsford. He didn't want to have this conversation in the mansion, but now, they had to, before making a decision. "Where are we going?" He asked, before adding. "I don't want to get into New York traffic unless we have to."

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 07:43 AM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

As one that preferred Rogue to her real name or even one of the variants she’d gone by in past years, she probably had a more liberal view of the use of what the others considered just their code names. To her a name was just something to call someone, a rose by any other name and all that right? Nick names were probably more personal for the woman but she didn’t use those often on anyone, she didn’t often feel she had the closeness to someone to do that. Sugar didn’t count.

She’d come over, knowing she was asking a favor, and expecting a whole mess of questions or chatter for it. What she got was a perplexing single syllable response that had her wondering if he was still grumpy over the coffee the other day. She chewed her lip for a second as she considered the back seat of the bike, the forced closeness it would cause and his monotone response. Maybe hunting Bobby down would be better… But she felt she’d already pinched the bear, to late now.

Slinging her backpack on she hopped onto the back of the bike, her arms a little slow to reach around him to hold on but she managed it and then got settled to make sure she wasn’t near enough the pipes to burn herself. It wasn’t her first bike ride so she wasn’t really expecting much conversation and since he hadn’t asked sooner the stop was a little expected.

Dropping her arms she sat up straighter and looked around. ”The bus station.” She answered readily enough, They didn’t have to get any closer to the big apple, ” No need. There’s a Grey Hound across the river into White Plains.” She added the last helpfully. Remy didn’t seem the bus fairing type to her. For her, it wasn’t the first time.

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 04:13 PM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
She gingerly got behind him, the kind of thing Remy never expected from Rogue, except when it involved her touching people. There was room enough that she could settle comfortably, if she would only act less like she was radioactive, and killing him every second she was near him, but he was trying not to lecture. Which was why he was being so curt. He was trying to not act like he was telling her what to do, but he wanted to tell her what he wanted to do, and she was going to take it as him telling her, and, really how could talking to someone be this hard?

But they were going to have to talk, and he didn’t want to talk inside the mansion. Remy loved the people there, but there were so many people there, it was impossible to have a conversation without being interrupted, whether they meant to or not. “I ain’t leaving you to take a bus down.” He turned off the bike, set down the stand, and got up, standing by her side. Bikes were great for many things, but they were not made for conversation; not with people who were afraid of being close to you.

“I can take you.” He said. “I want to take you.” He wasn’t doing her a favor, really. He was trying to… something. That didn’t involve lectures. “Where are you going? Wherever it is, I can take you there, and it will be better than a bus.” How? “You know some guy will want to sit next to you and make conversation, and well, I’m way better looking than they’ll be, and we can’t really talk on a bike. Two plusses for me. And we get to pick where to eat. So that’s three, at least.”

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 06:26 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

At least she did get behind him and didn’t actually make a fuss about hanging on. She didn’t freak out as much when she was the one doing the touching, she had her safety measures and she had a plan. Being surprised by someone else though… Well that wasn’t something she experienced much in the first place and then not knowing where everything was made it even more nerve wracking. After all, most people didn’t go around wearing their own gloves. And really she didn’t interact with anyone often enough to get that comfortable with them, not around the school anyway.

She was taken aback by his statement, blinking a couple times at the back of his head while he turned off the bike and basically parked them right then and there. ”Wha-“ Actually she wasn’t even sure what she was going to ask so the words just sort of stopped there as she watched him get off the bike. She scrambled off as well a second later, less she squirm and jeopardize the balance of the thing.

Her mouth opened again, then closed while she crossed her arms, on the verge of pointing something out, like his lack of knowing her destination when he just continued to barrel on and then got around to asking. ”You want to take me all the way to Mississipi?” She hung her head, shaking it in a bit of disbelief before looking back up at him. ”It’s no day trip, not even a weekend trip Remy.” In fact she’d taken a couple weeks off just because she didn’t want to rush it.

Why was he being so… pushy didn’t seem like the right word but the way he was going about trying to convince her wasn’t something she was used to from him. ”Uh huh… And if I decline the offer are ya going to leave me to walk the rest of the way?” Not that she wouldn’t. Or hell, wouldn’t be the first time she’d stuck her thumb out or asked a stranger for a ride. ”Answer one thing then.” The look she gave him was practically a dare, as if she knew, just knew, she had him on this one. ”Why do you want to take me?”

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 06:59 PM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
Rogue jumped off the bike when he did, which told him she didn't much trust his ability to keep it upright with her in it. Hurtful. Mississipi, then? That made an inordinate amount of sense, so much so that he had to stop and think about it. He spent so much time thinking about how he couldn't go back home, he sometimes forgot other people did. Though he really hadn't seen Rogue as the sort to do that. "Okay." He shrugged. "I might need to make a couple of calls our next stop." Let Ororo know he was going to be gone for a few days, tell Fence he had a thing and needed to postpone that talk. It wouldn't be the first time he disappeared for weeks without warning.

Her next question was downright offensive. "Well, that's the-" the absolutely wrong place, time and person for a cheap IASIP reference. "no. I will drop you off anywhere you want me to. Even in New York. And if you absolutely must stomp off right now, that's a diner 200 feet that way, and it's within city limits, so you can get an Uber, or there's probably a bus stop somewhere. Though I'll have to wait with you until I'm sure you got in."

He was pretty sure the threat wasn't the thing that did it, and he was pretty sure the question was completely fair on her side, which was why he was annoyed he didn't have an answer. "I'm trying to..." He was missing the right word. "Listen, bus rides suck, right? I can take you, and I want to be helpful. Plus, we never see each other outside of the mansion, it seems, and you know how we're kind of supposed to turn back into children when we're at our folk's house?" Remy never had had the chance to have that problem, but Henri was always falsely complaining about that, how he felt like a kid, but he never did move out. Remy got out before he did, and he wondered what it would be like, to be back. "We're different people outside of the mansion, right?" Remy knew he was. Not a better person, mind you, just his real self. Remy was curious what Rogue's self was, outside the shelter/cage. "Maybe the reason we fight so much is because we think we know each other, but we just know how the other acts when we're around them."

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 08:23 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

It wasn’t a reflection of his ability; he got off so she did as well. It was an equal footing sort of thing, and a respect for the bike, at least in her head. Probably more the equal footing, if she was going to talk to him they’d either both be standing or both be sitting, cause past experiences lately didn’t want her to be at that lower level. It was completely subconscious though.

He barely batted an eye at her destination and she started to really wonder. Truthfully she didn’t know if she wanted company on this trip. It wasn’t like it was a pleasure cruise for her. More like a voyage of shame. That wasn’t something you wanted witnesses for if you could avoid it.

”I’m not stomping. Do you see me stomping?” She huffed at him, not determined not to stomp just to prove him wrong. Though she probably would have if he’d said that last part first. ”Wait until I get on it? I’m not a child Remy!” Now that was just insulting. Did he really think she couldn’t take care of herself? It wasn’t like anyone with ill intentions would get very far with her, one touch and ZAP!

She didn’t know if that was true about kids and their parents house any more then he did but it sounded reasonable enough that she’d give that to him. They did seem to devolve into bickering kids, which made her wonder more then once why they didn’t actively avoid each other. And his reasoning, or answer to her question, well it did strike a chord with her. Would they be different out here? Well if they weren’t she supposed she could always stick her thumb out and get a different ride later.

She sighed, looking at the sky for inspiration. ”Ya couldn’t have picked a fun vacation to crash huh?” She threw up her hands, ”Fine, lets go before it gets too late.” She turned to get back on the bike with him, ”I’m reserving the right to catch a bus later if though.” She was partially teasing. Only partially though.

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 08:57 PM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
Rogue wasn't stomping, but she could. That was a choice she had, and Remy wanted to make sure of that. He was giving her choices, why couldn't she see that. "It's not about you being a child, it's about me being responsible, since I am the one who drove you here!" See, they were fighting again, because Rogue had to expect the worst of him. He was pretty certain she thought that of everybody, herself included, but he was feeling particularly targeted.

"Do you take fun vacations?" Remy genuinely didn't know, he realized that now. He didn't hear of Rogue ever leaving the mansion, but if she were to be gone for weeks during his disappearances, would he find out about it? Once she accepted it, he decided not to try his luck further. "I'm reserving the right to watch you get on it." Much further. "Gimme the bag." He could secure it in the front, keep her from risking falling over from the unbalancing weight. He got over the seat first, and made sure her bag was locked in and safe, and that she had enough space to get behind. Then, he made sure she was holding properly.

He took west to get on the I-287, that would lead them away from New York, and by the national parks. It was the most scenic route away from the coast, which would lose them too much time. Before it grew dark, he saw a billboard for a department store somewhere in between the small cities, and tapped her on the hand to warn her, before he took the exit that way, driving slower down the road towards parking. He stopped the bike, and, this time, waited until she came off before he did the same, passing her bag back. "I need some stuff." Like everything. He could also afford stretching his legs. "You coming in?"

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 10:39 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST
”It’s a bus stop. You say it like ah’d be helpless.” She countered. If she were taking a plane he’d probably want to watch her get on that too! But ha! At least she’d have airport security on her side. She wasn’t helpless. She was far from it. No matter what guys (and she was including more then just Remy right now) seemed to think. She’d been picking fights since she met her first boy.

The question caught her off guard and considering she had brought it up, it probably shouldn’t have. She paused, furiously trying to think up a response, some reference to a fun vacation she’d taken and was coming up with nothing. ”No. I guess not.” She admitted the truth.

Maybe his “Out of the parents house” theory wasn’t going to work. They were already fighting and fussing at each other and she was starting to think the entire ride down to Mississipi would be like this. She handed over the bag, it was light enough, she didn’t need much. If she needed anything she always figured she could pick it up later.

Back on the bike and on the road at least they couldn’t argue. It was probably the closest they’d been and for the longest period of time as well. And as they got down the road a ways she did relax more into the ride and her place behind him. By the time he pulled over though she was more then ready to stretch her legs, she was feeling more then a little numb from all the vibrations.

She got off the bike a little stiffly, stretching her back and then bending over to stretch her legs as her hands reached for the ground. ”Yeah, sure.” She put her back pack on and headed for the store with him. She was starting to feel a little curious, she’d never gone shopping with Remy before. He was right, they hadn’t done much outside the mansion or old missions. No wonder they were in a fighting rut.

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 20 2018, 11:16 PM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
The trip didn't start on the best foot, but that was to be expected. The time on the bike had helped some, and Remy felt a little less combative, or maybe he was just tired. They weren't in a hurry, that was the whole point. Remy waited until Rogue was ready to move, enjoying the sound of the passing cars and the dawn. Then, he picked up his eyeglasses, putting them on before going into the shop. Immediately, they were greeted by the music, meant to be inoffensive, but bordering on annoying after having only the wind to make noise for so long, and the artificial, air conditioned chill.

The place itself could have been almost any store, almost anywhere in the country, and Remy didn't miss a beat finding the shortest path to pick up everything he needed, though he still walked in a unhurried stroll. "I'm sorry I accused you of stomping off." Remy wasn't saying she didn't do it, mind you. Just that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. "But, you know, I don't think you're helpless. People being worried about you doesn't mean they think that." He walked as they talked, picking up things along the way; a saddle bag, maybe more expensive than he wished for, but one that would save them much needed space; a change of clothes, toiletries.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 25 2018, 09:22 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST
”An here ah thought your taste in threads were a little more high class.” She teased as they wandered into the big box store. About the only sort of place open at this time and blissfully near empty too. During peak hours she was sure a store like this would be a nightmare to find a check out counter. Then again… Her gaze scanned past the row of registers, all with their lights off, that might still be a hassle.

As she walked she bent over and scooped up one of the little carry baskets and passed it along over to him. She had her own bag and didn’t need anything but since he hadn’t suggested going back to the mansion so he could pack a bag (she assumed this was because he guessed she would somehow manage to sneak off while he packed and he might not have been wrong), well she understood why they were here.

He paused to pick something out and she stepped to the side where a sunglass display was and started trying on a few pairs just for amusement sakes. ”An apology? Huh. Well it ain’t like ah haven’t done just that before.” Probably quite a lot and especially around him. He just had that way of getting under her skin. She put a pair of glasses back and turned around to continue tagging along with him. ”I know Remy. Ya just have a way of wording things that make me…” Yeah, maybe that wasn’t the best topic. ”An’ ah wasn’t exactly looking forward to the trip before hand anyway.”

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 26 2018, 09:32 AM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
It wasn't the first time Remy bought out what amounted to a bug out bag. Truth was, he didn't even bother to keep one. It only made sense to leave a place when you lived in it, and Remy did't think of himself as living anywhere. This was the information age, which meant it all hinged on what contacts you had, and, most importantly, the limit on your credit card. She was right about one thing, which made Remy snort a laugh. "I'm not about to go on a clothes strike over it." Yes, Remy liked his thread count. He even knew how to find quality over label - and, sometimes, picked label over it anyway. Sometimes, he dressed for himself, sometimes, for other people. Sometimes, he was happy to be dressed at all - that was usually a surprise.

He supposed that was the point of taking the first step, to have the other take another one. He resisted the urge to gloat. "Okay." He said, because he noticed her changing the subject. He had promised she could choose the bus at any time, which meant he couldn't push that hard. "Family business?" He was going to find out anyway, so he might as well be forewarned. "Mississippi is a pretty big state." To be fair, every state was pretty big if you were looking for a needle in it. "Where are we going?"

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: Apr 29 2018, 09:20 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST
”Really?” she grinned, ”I mean you could…” She had an amused expression to her face but there was also just that little hit of extra color in her cheeks that hadn’t come from the wind of riding on the bike. She turned to look at another rack, keeping herself and her hands busy while he shopped. ”Though I can see how that might not be the best practice while on the bike.” And this time she did chuckle, a low sound as she pushed hangers of shirts to the side one by one. Sun burn… ouch.

She frowned as he started to pry and regretted offering the tiny tidbit she had. She had only been trying to explain she’d been on edge, that it wasn’t his fault that she was. Well, not entirely anyway. It didn’t mean she wanted this to turn into story time with her the book and reader. ”No.” At least she didn’t plan on there being any family run ins besides maybe a visit to a cemetery. Nor had she planned on letting him tag along once they got there. ”More, an old friend.” though she gave that up, she didn’t sound eager too.

”Caldacott.” He probably hadn’t heard of it, at least she wouldn’t hold it against him if he hadn’t. It was a tiny backwater town with nothing to its name or to recommend to visitors. Not his sort of place at all she figured, which gave her another reason to change the subject. ”While we’re down south, any family ya want to be visiting?” She was curious sure, but it also might be worth it to know if she could get him to bug out for a day or two and leave her to do her thing.

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: Apr 29 2018, 10:11 PM
Gambit
29 years old
Thief
54 posts
Mutant
Mia
GMT-3
Remy laughed lightly at Rogue's final conclusion, watching the edges of the blushing she tried to hide. For all her pride and anger, she could be really innocent in the most obvious of ways. It wasn't hard to understand why, and he sobered up quickly, working to keep any sign of pity out of his face.

He though that was the right moment to approach a conversation they would have coming, and it was, he guessed, since she didn't shut him down, though she was hardly forthcoming. He still needed to know where they were going, but he guessed trying to find out what for was a little too much. Caldecott. It wasn't a place Remy knew, but he could just look it up later. He shouldn't be surprised then, since he opened that door, that she would turn it on him. Then again, the trip wasn't about him, never was. "No one I should show up to visit unannounced." He said, bitterly honest. "And no one will pick up if I call, so." So, no, he wasn't setting foot in New Orleans, not for a long time.

The basics covered, Remy aimed towards the sweets and snacks, tossing in the basket packs of cinnamon and extra peppermint. "You still hate the smell of cigarettes, right?" He confirmed. He couldn't remember a single person at the school who hadn't complained at him about it, Rogue included. "You want anything?" He offered her the basket for her to dump her picks into.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Posted: May 1 2018, 04:00 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
109 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST
She’d probably be among those that wouldn’t mind if he went on a clothes strike, as long as she was a safe distance away. Not that she would ever admit that to him or anyone else. It was a useless thought anyway, with her powers being what they were. She really shouldn’t torment herself. Probably wasn’t nice to him either.

Once they got into Mississippi she would be able to give directions. She’d made this trip enough times that she could point the way. What was that saying? A person never forgets how to get home? Sometimes she wished she could. Seemed like Remy wasn’t to excited about heading towards his roots either. Just as he was curious about her reasons for the trip, now she was curious about his reasons to avoid his home. The more they knew, the more questions there would be.

She didn’t say she was sorry though. She wasn’t sure it would be taken well. Even if she didn’t mean it in a pitying fashion. ”Shame, ah hear they make great beignets down there.” She let the questions go for now so they could keep this peace they’d managed to find.

”Ah haven’t gone nose blind yet so yea.” She rolled her eyes. You’d think the guy would realize that those things weren’t exactly good for his health and quit. At least he wasn’t one to force his habit on others. She contemplated the aisle in front of her, debating a snack before grabbing one of those singular packaged fruit pies and tossing it in. She was a sucker for fruit pies.

”How much further you planning on going before stopping for a rest?” She asked finally as they moved towards the registers. She was letting him pick the pace since it was his bike and he was the driver. Though if she got to tired to hang onto the back she would speak up.

@REMY LEBEAU
Posted: May 1 2018, 05:25 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG