New Poll

The Start of Homicidal BFF's
ELEKTRA NATCHIOS
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 09:16 PM

31 years old
Elektra
Enhanced
6 posts

The room was a mostly empty space and yet it never felt like that. Though the center was cleared with a matted floor, a place that had seen so many sparring matches. So many lessons. Blood and sweat. It had soaked into the very atmosphere of the room. As if you were quite enough you could hear the sounds of flesh hitting flesh and bodies hitting the mat.

Ellie had a broom in her hand but a scowl on her face. She would have rather been practicing, even if only alone against the bag. Instead she had been handed a broom and told to sweep up. She’d immediately gone around, sweeping the entire room with hasty, broad strokes. “A sloppy ass job” Stick had called it when he came to check and told her to do it again and do it right.

So now she was sweeping again, her scowl deeper but with concentration between her brows as she focused on the floor. She stuck those bristles into every crevice, moved every weapon rack, skimmed along every wall. Neat, precise strokes. She’d show them, they’d never see the floor this clean again..

Foot steps were coming from the hall, getting louder. One set she recognized, the occasional tap of the cane a dead give away even if she hadn’t memorized the cadence of his walk. He wasn’t alone though; his steps were paired with a set quicker and lighter. Her head came up and she turned around, broom still in her hand as they reached the doorway. She was surprised to see another young girl with Stick.

@MAYA LOPEZ
I think this is the foundation of why she hates house work..

PM
^
MAYA LOPEZ
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 10:46 PM

28 years old
Echo / Red Knight
Mutant
74 posts

She hadn't meant to hurt the boy.

"You gotta save this shit for the Hand, Echo. Can't have half my recruits injured at any given moment."

He'd gotten hurt nonetheless, though - eight-year-old Maya Lopez was an intense child, dead-eyed and singularly grim, and training with her had proven to be equal parts alarming and dangerous for the children her age. Stick was displeased about this, but there was perhaps also a hint of grudging respect in the sigh he'd given her. One could hardly fault one's hand-raised fighting machine for being too good at fighting.

So it was that she found herself being led into a different barracks, following dutifully at the old man's heels. Cold, dark eyes swept back and forth, taking in the spartan surroundings - not too dissimilar to the ones she'd been training in - and at last coming to light on a new face as they entered the room. It was a girl, about her age, maybe a couple years older, sweeping with a graceful precision that belied her sullen expression.

Stick came to a stop at the doorway and Maya, hands behind her back, paused with him. "Alright. This is Elektra - she's your new partner since none of the kids your age wanna spar with you anymore."

Maya narrowed an eye, warily sizing up the new girl. She wasn't sure what to think. This was an unknown, and unknowns didn't sit well with her. It didn't help that, in the years that had passed since the intense, violent trauma of her father's murder and her subsequent kidnapping adoption by the Chaste, she had become withdrawn and antisocial, rather averse to meeting new people.

"Ellie, this is Echo. She'll keep you on your toes. Copies what she sees - it's complicated, it'll make more sense in motion."

Total silence. At this point, she had yet to start seriously entertaining the lurid, gory fantasies that would predominate her adult thoughts, so her musings about Elektra were relatively harmless, if a bit unfriendly - where did she come from, what style did she fight in, had she ever killed somebody (ooh, gotta ask about that, and what it was like). For now, Maya was quiet - suspicious and rigid.

It was the most awkward introduction of all times.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS well this is distressingly adorable, or possibly adorably distressing
PM
^
ELEKTRA NATCHIOS
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 05:56 PM

31 years old
Elektra
Enhanced
6 posts

A mix of emotions and thoughts where buzzing through her head, warring for dominance. None of them seemed inclined to soften the look on her face. Actually her scowl probably deepened a little just as her hand tightened on the handle of the broom. Control. She had to have control.

There was a little confusion, Ellie hadn’t sparred against other kids much. Her training was mostly done against older trainees. Often times multiples of them at the same time. To be told she was now going to be working with a girl, one that was even smaller then herself… Was this an insult? It felt that way and anger flickered behind her eyes.

Or was Stick just that mad at her? Mad enough to make her a babysitter… Stick didn’t usually let anger get in the way of their relationship. Sure she could be trying for his patience sometimes but she also tried her hardest for him. And she wasn’t prone to showing excessive attachment but she still saw him as a sort of a father. Was he really that mad? About a floor? Or was this something else…

Well fine. If Stick was going to stay mad at her, she’d stay mad at him.

Her eyes turned back towards the girl, sizing her up again. Younger, definitely younger. But she didn’t look as soft and baby-ish as some of the other kids. ”Why wont they spar with you anymore?” See, she could be smart, look for the hidden details. Stick was always saying she needed to use her head and not her emotions.

@MAYA LOPEZ
Which ever it is, its something else we can totally blame on Stick XD
PM
^
MAYA LOPEZ
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:05 PM

28 years old
Echo / Red Knight
Mutant
74 posts

This was...acceptable, maybe, but bizarre. Maya didn't see what set this new girl apart from all the other kids. She was bigger, maybe faster, but technique beat size and speed every time. Maybe Elektra had an ability like hers. That'd be nice - Maya didn't know anybody else with powers, although she didn't think of them that way.

She weighed the name in her mind - Elektra - and her chin lifted as the other girl posed a question. It was kind of like standing to attention, in a military style, but carried a hint of defensive assertiveness. "They're not good enough," she answered flatly. "So they keep getting hurt, and then they get mad about it."

Stick sighed, having clearly expected that answer. "Something like that." His wiry form passed in front of Maya momentarily - with his back to her, so she couldn't see his face. "Echo's deaf. She reads lips," he said by way of explanation. "Be careful, Ellie, the kid's....intense. Kinda like you, but...twisted, a little bit. You'll see what I mean."

With that, he turned on his heel. "I think you'll learn a lot from each other. Iron sharpens iron and all that. Take a while to get acquainted - you'll be running the courses together tomorrow." And as steadily as he'd arrived, the old man was gone, leaving them staring at each other in silence.

Maya's eyes, rather than her head, steadily crept along and watched him recede through the doorway, then snapped back to Elektra. A wordless moment passed, then:

"Hi."

There. She'd extended the olive branch, so to speak. The girl folded her arms, assuming a closed and wary sort of posture, and sized up her newly-assigned partner.

"I kinda know about you. Sometimes I see them talking about you in the barracks. They say you're weird and they don't trust you." A pause. Her gaze was steady, unwavering. "They say that about me, too. But they don't know I can see what they're saying."

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS
PM
^
ELEKTRA NATCHIOS
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:07 AM

31 years old
Elektra
Enhanced
6 posts

Control. It always came down to control. When to loose it and when to hold it tight. Maybe she wasn’t the only recruit that wasn’t getting a good grade in that area of study. ”Maybe instead of getting mad they should get better.” Her voice wasn’t any warmer then her expression.

Stick moved and her eyes followed him, only blinking at his additional information, she was committed to being angry with him now. At least until she got a chance to talk to him and vent her feelings about this new arrangement.

And then they were left alone.

”Hi.” Echoing the greeting back without any change of inflection. Not that it mattered, she thought, if the girl were deaf she wouldn’t catch that part right?

Her brow’s rose at the word. ”Weird?” It was true. She’d never quite fit in. Even with the older classes. No matter how hard she’d tried, she just wasn’t quite like the others. Stick said it was just because she was that good. And she was naive enough to believe him. ”They’re just jealous. Shouldn’t let it bother you.”

Her knuckles loosened on the handle of the broom, her hand sliding down an inch. ”Why do they say we’re weird?” She asked after a pause and with an actual note of curiosity. Just a small one. However, she still had a room to meticulously sweep and she turned, taking the broom back up for the task as she moved one pile of dust towards another on the floor.

@MAYA LOPEZ

PM
^
MAYA LOPEZ
 Posted: Today at 07:53 pm

28 years old
Echo / Red Knight
Mutant
74 posts

Maya would eventually, as she grew older, come upon a certain degree of awareness as to what people found creepy about her. Many of these were things that she would never be able to change - her distressing lack of affect, propensity for coming and going with no regard to basic conversational structure, and the light in her eyes when she was covered in blood, for example - but one of them that she'd eventually get under control was her tendency to unconsciously imitate people's movements with exact, one-to-one precision.

At eight years old, she had not gotten it under control yet.

So it was that she was a perfect mirror of Elektra's body language as they talked. Every shift forward, every tilt of her head, every quirk of her eyebrows. It wasn't on purpose, it just...happened, and it wasn't something she could really control yet.

Apart from that, though, the pair seemed to be getting along swimmingly, at least compared to Maya's interactions with most other people. She watched the older girl return to sweeping, weighed her words in her mind, and then made a very conscious shift to a neutral stance, hands clasped behind her back. Very formal, as if reciting. "I think you're right," she answered. "They're embarrassed because I'm better at fighting, so they blame me instead of training harder. I think they have the same problem with you - they act the same way when they talk about you. The..." A pause. Maya struggled for words. This kind of thing was innate; she had difficulties expressing it verbally. "...the way they move. It's kind of the same. So they're thinking the same way."

There was a moment of inaction, and then she took up the fallen spare broom and joined dutifully in the sweeping, if only to give her hands something to do. It was, at least temporarily, quiet, until Maya broke the silence again.

"Have you killed anybody?" Sweep, sweep went the broom; remarkably tranquil in contrast to the subject matter. "Stick says I can start in about a year or so. I don't know what people look like on the inside yet. I want to see."

Oh dear.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black