Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Just Breathe.., Logan
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

It was a recital. Her first one actually. She’d been put in a pink dress, it even had a little ruffle around the hem and short sleeves. She’d hated it on site and hated it even more once it was on her. Fitting herself into this life had been hard. Trying to make a lady of herself, of pleasing her new “parents”, it was often times more then she felt she could stand. She had been with the Natchios less then a year and though she had gotten used to the opulence of her new life she still wasn’t sure it was worth the rest of the indignities. If the dress had just been almost any other color it wouldn’t have been so bad.

Another student was stepping up to the piano and sitting down, ready to roll out what ever piece they had been practicing for this show. Ellie was new to the instrument compared to many of the other students but she was just as quick to learn this skill as she had been to learn others. Though why she needed to learn the piano she still hadn’t figured out. Ballet at least made a little sense to her. She was just grateful she was still allowed to take fighting lessons.

There was still a couple other students ahead of her on the lists and standing around in this god awful dress felt like torture. She decided she needed a bit of air. A moment to meditate. Stepping back into the shadows of the theater she used some of her other skills to slip away from the guardians and found the back door. It opened into and alley that smelled of trash and things gone sour. Glancing in either direction she made a turn to the left, picking her way carefully along to avoid soiling her shoes.

She wasn’t sure exactly how much time she had before she would be missed and once outside she found it hard to care. It felt freeing being out here, even if she was still taking pains not to muss her appearance. Ugh, they had her tied up like a doll!

Her concern for her appearance was probably how they got the jump on her. One stepped into her line of sight, causing her to pause but quick as a snake another was already behind her. A rough bag was dropped over her head and she was snatched off the ground with her arms pinned. She cried out in rage instead of fear, her response to piston back her heel into whatever soft tissue could be found while making herself as hard to hold as an angry cat. “Oh ho… she’s got some fight to her!”

“I don’t give a shit Wally..” the voice from behind her sounded like he was in pain. Good she thought but the grip holding her hadn’t loosened. Someone was grabbing for her legs now, trying to pin them together, the two men wrestling with trying to get her under control before suddenly her head flashed in pain and her body went limp. A third voice rumbled insults and that was all she remembered.

Some time later… who knows how long..
Her head hurt, that was the first thing that let her know she was awake. After that it was a series of aches and discomforts that just confirmed the diagnosis. She didn’t move though, she’d played this game before. Letting them know she was awake wasn’t the right move. And so she laid there, waiting for her chance to come around. And in the mean time she tried to assess her situation. She was shackled, which was new, she could feel the heavy metal around her ankles, wrists and neck, heavier for a chain attached to it all. Ropes she had practice with… though she could pick a lock if she found a tool..

The bag was still on her head but she could hear someone moving around, something making a clinking noise as they performed some task. Further she could hear someone arguing but it only sounded one sided, on the phone perhaps? There was a distinct smell of mold and damp and the faint drip of water somewhere distant. It was a sound much closer that made her give herself away. The racking of a shotgun, right behind her, she jumped just a little. “Eh, think she’s awake finally.”

The clinking noise paused and she realized what it must be. Bullets being loaded into a magazine. “Good. She can walk to the cargo ship then. If I don’t kick her knee in like she did mine.” The clinking continued and the sound of a door closing loudly brought footsteps closer into the room and that third voice, lower, heavy accent. “Get ready. We move soon.”

Somewhere else…. Not to far away…
A young man, his head shaved and his clothes simple rush into the bar. He looks around with a sense of urgency before spotting the only person in the room that matched the description he had been given. Walking over he taps the man on the shoulder before offering him a phone. “Call for you sir.”

“Listen, I don’t give a shit what you think of me but if you want to make things right with your past here’s the chance. Or hell, even if you don’t, you don’t strike me as the type to let a kid die.” The old man a paused but only a brief moment. “Seen the news the last hour or two? An ambassadors kid got snatched except it wasn’t just any scumbags that did. They think they’re going to get a ransom demand but they wont and by the time they realize that, the kid wont even be in the country anymore. You’re the one shot this kid has, if you don’t, she’ll end up dead. Or worse. Go ahead and use your imagination, guarantee it ain’t enough…” The man talked a little more but it wasn’t any friendlier.

@LOGAN HOWLETT Shall we blame this on the Hand too? XD At least three of them in my post but there could be plenty more!
Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:37 PM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan was eight bottles deep at the bar, still not even really buzzed. He felt a hand tap his shoulder and looked up with a sigh. Some punk kid was there, phone in hand with a call for him. Logan tookmthe phone with a growl, putting it to his ear. The voice on the other end caused him to grab the guy who brought the phone by the scruff of his shirt and pull him close as he snarled. Though as the voice went on, he released, pushing the young man away.

"Put the news on," Logan said, pulling his face away from the phone.

The bartender flipped his towel of his shoulder and just looked at him. "The games on buddy, that's not happening." Logan extended his claws, slashing at the bar top with another growl. The bartender quickly changed the channel and sure enough the news was speaking about an ambassadors dsughter being kidnapped. Logan stood up from his seat, retracting his claws. As he moved out of the bar, phone still pushed to his face, he stepped out into the night.

"You're lucky she's a child and you're dam lucky I'm in New York." Logan snatched the phone shut, handing it to the young guy who was there beside him. "You got a ride? Take me to where she was last taken." The guy went to object and Logan extended a claw again. "Drive fast."

Clinging into the old bestup car they sped off to the recital.

Wasn't long before they were there, police all around. This was the scene of a kidnapping, the last known location. Logan slipped under the tape and into one of the back doors. He found his way back stage, walking up to where she was last scene. The police moved around, but didn't notice him. As he got low he ran his fingers along the ground, bringing them up to his nose to get the smell. Oil, salt, he had her scent. He had their scent.

Moving back out the doors he walked under the police tape one again. There was a car off to the side, down the way. Logan walked close, extending a single claw as he jabbed it into the lock. Opening the door he climbed in and slammed it shut. Touching the two wires it roared to life and he sped off towards the docks, oil was from a shipping container, was still pure. The salt came from the sea water that hung in the air. Made sense with what Stick said, she wasn't going to be in the country, it wasn't how they were taking her away.

Logan sped down the streets, heading towards the docks. Closest ones, he hoped he would make it in time. Dam old man played him right to where he wanted. He wanted Logan to go after them, knew he wouldn't refuse. He really was her best shot at a rescue.

Coming to a stop he got out of the truck. The dock was there, he could see the cargo ship out docked. Moving to the fence he climbed over and landed on the other side. He took off running, heading towards the ship. She was here, or close by at least. He continued to run, until he found the ship.

There were men on the top. Guns in hand. They didn't see him before he lunged. Before his claws found their ways buried im their chests the two guards got shots off. Both shotguns, firing blindly as the life fell from them. Logan ripped the claws out, feeling a shot tear through his back. Another guard was there, pistol out. He fired again. Logan rushed forward, slicing at his hand, watching it fall. The man wasn't dead yet, but he would be soon.

Logan picked the guy up by his shirt, kicking the hand and gun attached to it. "Where's the girl Bub. Where you keeping her." he snarled in the man's face but he was already gone. Great. Logan tossed the body to the side and continued his search for the girl.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: Apr 14 2018, 03:19 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

If she concentrated she could see a tiny bit through the mesh of the bag, if she looked towards the light. Sadly it wasn’t much and there wasn’t a lot of light to look towards. So instead she closed her eyes, ignoring that tiny glimpse of the world around her and instead letting her other senses try and fill in the voids. She wasn’t as good a Stick but if he could do it, she could learn. And it wasn’t the first time she’d worked with a blind fold on. Now, if only she could find something to pick the locks of her shackles with and a bit of time to do it.

”Get up kid.” A rough voice, the one who had complained of his knee. She decided to be obliging, being on her own two feet seemed preferable to being handled like a sack of grain, which was what she figured would happen if she was too obstinate. She sat up on the piece of floor they had let her drop on and started trying to gather her feet under her. The chains made it harder, a move usually done gracefully was awkward and then interrupted as one of them walked over, grabbed her by the chain between her hands and yanked up.

She yelped as the metal bit into her wrist, the connected chain pulling at the collar. ”Come on I said!” Her anger began to simmer, he was going to pay for this…

Why such chains for one little girl, I don’t know.” A different voice, this one sounded local. In fact all but that third voice, the heavier one, had sounded similar. Hired help? She wondered. The question was also, what did they want with her? Because of her father maybe? The why wasn’t as important as how she got out of here and she turned her mind to that puzzle instead.

”It is time.” That third voice, after coming back into the room from somewhere else. ”Get her to the container so it can be loaded.” His foot steps faded away again, leaving her with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. She liked those of odds better. For some reason the other’s voice made her spine shiver.

The one yanked on the chain again, starting to drag her and she had to hastily try and learn to walk with her feet chained. At least one bright spot, she doubted the pink dress would survive. ”That dude, so serious. Like I said, just a kid, they’re easy to break.” that one laughed, the other grunted as they left the room. Through another door and she heard the cry of a gull, felt the press of a breeze. They were outside now and by the smell it was near water. No sooner had she processed this then a commotion rung out a distance away and the men paused. ”Whats going on?” There was gun fire, a bit of shouting. She could hear feet running towards something. Come on, lets secure her, let the rest take care of what ever it is.” The chains were yanked again and she was hauled, tripping across a gravel yard.

"Go! Kill him! Nothing will get in our way, it is ours." That third voice again, she could hear him as more feet crunched on the gravel, moving fast. She recognized the sound of swords being drawn.

"Sheesh, where'd they come from?"

"I don't know, but I'm having second thoughts about this job..." She was expecting the tug on her chain this time but instead of stepping with it she let it pull her off her feet, let herself go sprawling into the rocks. "Damn it!" The brute stepped closer, reached for more then just her chain, in her hurry to get her where ever she was supposed to be taken, he'd realized it might be swifter to just carry her. His mistake. As soon as he lifted her up she lashed out with her chain, having a good idea where his face was. He bellowed in pain and she grabbed her own chain, wrapping the slack around his neck and started to pull.

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: Apr 14 2018, 08:07 PM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan continued down the ship yard. He could hear something int he distanced, the doors opening, chains being dragged out. More than that he had the scent of the girl in his nose. She was here, with them. He took of running, his boots across the top of the ship. He wasn't stopping, not till she was safe. The old man hadn't been right, he wasn't going to let some kid die. Not on his watch.

He heard the man who led her yell out, to kill him. Bullets fired toward him, hitting him though it only slowed him for a second. He lunged jabbing his claws into the man who fired. He sliced downward, taking both arms off the screaming man as he pulled back his claws. As the body fell he turned to where the other one was, already shaking in his stance. The third was further back, being choked by the girl herself.

"Fuck its only one of him, who the fuck is he?" The shaking guy asked, setting down his gun, raising his hands up. "Wally? Wally," He turned to see his friend getting strangled by their own target. "Shit, shit, shit." He rushed forward, trying to pull her off. Sadly he only got a few steps before a pair of claws found their way through his head, dropping him on the ground.

Slowly Logan stepped forward. He drove his claws into the man Elektra was choking out. He gutted him deep, ending the life. Then with a single cut he slashed at the chains, chopping them in two. Reaching up he grabbed the bag from her head, ripping it off. "We need to go. There's more com...." He was cut off by a spray of bullets coming down towards them. Logan moved forward, using himself as a shield to stop the spray of incoming fire. When the he clips were emptied Logan quickly pulled Elektra and himself along to the nearest cover.

"Shit kid, the hell did you get yourself mixed up in to?" He peaked up only for a shot to spray out agaisnt the cover. "You remember me? I sure as shit remember you. Hope you didn't go soft in all this dancing. I'm going to need that girl that went up against me. We're fighting our way out of this." Poking his head up again he readied himself for another shot, but it never came. Instead surrounding the truck, swords in hand were a group of ninjas. There was typical thugs next to them, machines guns and pipes at the ready. But the five or six ninjas all stood ready as well.

Logan wasn't stupid, he knew enough to know who these people were. They were the Hand. Shit just got interesting.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: Apr 18 2018, 03:21 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

Something was coming but she didn’t know what. All she knew was the growing unease in those that were dragging her along. As what ever it was got closer, it sounded almost like an animal and the growing fear in the men was plain. She figured it was a good time to try and get away. A task she was sure would become more difficult if they managed to get her to the container and she had no guarantee what ever was causing a ruckus was a friend.

The man’s neck was thick and he’d managed to get a couple fingers in between the chain and her throat, causing this to take longer then it otherwise should have but she was working blind after all. She had twisted the chain as much as she could and was leaning back with all her weight when the man suddenly went limp. A professional she didn’t immediately let up her pressure, she wanted him dead, not faking it or just passed out. That it wasn’t her efforts that had caused the man to go limp wasn’t as evident until the chain was suddenly cut, causing her to tumbled back at the unexpected release of tension.

The hood was yanked off and she blinked rapidly, her eyes still adjusting but that face… that voice… ”You!” She didn’t sound pleased to see him as he jumped on her to provide a shield and then dragged her off.

”Let me go!” She yanked back from his grasp as soon as they reached cover but was smart enough not to run. Yet. ”What are you doing here!” Asking her own question instead of answering his. Obviously she remembered him and none to fondly. He had stabbed her and made her look bad. No matter that the mission had been a set up, it still felt like a failure and she was still young enough to hold a grudge over a lesson taught.

She peeked around at the same time he did this time, seeing what they were up against and swallowing hard. ”What do they want…” With me? The last two words left unsaid. Sure she was Chaste, maybe, kind of, well she was their enemy but they should have just killed her not, kidnapped her… she squatted back down behind the truck, her hands curling into small fists as she controlled her breathing and centered herself like she was taught. Then there was no more time, they were coming for them.

Orders were shouted in Japanese and then a shorter version in English. She understood both and knew what to expect now. They wanted her alive but they didn’t care about Logan. They all came around the truck, a few of the ninja’s over it. She jumped up, grabbing the ankles of one that was coming over and flubbed his landing, crawling up she grabbed the knife at his waist and jamming it in his back before reaching for his sword.

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: Apr 18 2018, 09:48 AM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

"Yes me, now shut up. Your old man asked me to come here. He asked me to save you. Becuase no one else would be able to." It was the truth, as much as he disliked it. "I ain't going to argue with him. I don't know what the want dammit. They just want you, I ain't going to let that happen." He meant it, that wasn't happening tonight.

He could hear the orders being shouted, the orders to close in and attack. "Whatver happened between us kid don't matter. In the past. Gotta move on from it. Right now we gotta fight our way out of this. I ain't letting you die or get taken by them." Though they wanted her alive, that much was certain. They wanted her alive and well. So they wouldn't kill her, not today. Just try and grab her. That worked in his favour.

The kid took out a ninja coming over and Logan was quick to take out another. His claws dug deep, slicing at the man's chest, throwing him to the ground. He then went for another, the blade coming down towards him. Logan blocked it with his claws, but it swung again and sliced at his side. He clothes tore but the wound healed. He let out a roar as he lunged, jabbing his claws as far as they would go into the man's torso. He then cut down, shredding them out.

Through the fight he focused on the kid, making sure no one made any moves to grab her. She could hold her own, dam near gave him a pain in the ass he could tell she could handle herself. Still these guys weren't my playing around. They wanted her for whatever reason and would do anything to get it. He wasn't going to let that happen.

More were rushing in, coming faster and faster. Logan felt himself being surrounded, separated from the girls. With claws extended he started to slice and slash at the men around him. Blood flew and bodies dropped. By the end of it he found his way beside the girl again. "We're moving, follow me." He took off running, moving faster and faster, looking back to make sure the girl was following, the trail of ninjas followed them as well.

As they approached the edge of the ship Logan stabbed his claws through the nearest ninja. "Can you swim?" He sliced at another approaching, though he looked to the girl. The river, at night, at this time of year. It wasn't going to be fun. But they could only slice through so many. This was there chance at getting out of here. Onto the next embankment. There they could get a car and move on the run.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: Apr 25 2018, 03:42 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

Her old man? She looked puzzled on that because she couldn’t figure out how Hugo Natchios would know such a man as this. Of course he meant Stick though, because Stick obviously knew this man. Had colluded with him even. The connection should have been obvious without a second thought but she was still confused on what was really going on right now. She continued to glower at him, it was all fine that he said it was in the past but she also knew that right now, she would stand a better chance with his help. She had no more desire to with these people then to die tonight. She’d certainly be having words with Stick the next time she saw him though.

Stick hadn’t said who would be trying to kill her. Good old Stick, twist that truth to make people do what he wanted. The threat was no less real, just explaining it would have taken far too long. For Ellie, knowing they didn’t want her dead right now wasn’t any comfort. Dead was better then being taken alive. Either way, she intended to take as many down with her are she could.

With the Katana in her hands she was on her feet and showing just what she had managed to learn in the time between there first meeting and now. Her skills had grown and expanded as with her various new teachers. She was holding her own but then again, they weren’t trying to kill her. She deflected another sword attack only to have another whip a chain around her ankles and pull her down. As she went she sliced at her first opponents legs before rolling and bringing the blade down across the arm of the one trying to pull her by the chain. She kicked the thing off as Logan shouldered up near her again, giving her the moment she needed to get back up without harassment.

She nodded at his plan, not wasting breath with anything ore verbal, and took off after him. Though light on her feet, her stride couldn’t match his in length; she lagged and had to double her effort. Bending forward she pushed harder, her sword still in hand, leaving drops of blood behind her.

”Yes.” Would it have mattered? She would have to learn unless they managed to kill them all. Though where they were all coming from… they made another attempt, rushing en masse. Elektra swung her blade only have it hit another, the vibration running up her arm. This time it was her blade that was shoved aside and a leather-clad boot hit her square in the chest. Her breath was knocked from her as she fell back, she reached out, scrambling for purchase but it wasn’t any use as she splashed into the water below. She bobbed back up, kicking and trying desperately to force her lungs to start working again and grab some air. The water was freezing which only made it worse.

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: Apr 25 2018, 09:12 PM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan knew she was behind him, not far behind. She still hard her sword, good, may just need it. He looked back at the incoming Ninjas, not stopping as he looked down to the girl beside him. They had to leave, and had to leave now. Or this was going to be hell of a lot harder. And she could swim, good. Becuase if they weren't escaping they needed to fight and that wasn't going to end with some damage and lots of blood. Something that she may not come out of. Whoever these were they weren't stopping.

As the girl fell in. Logan stabbed at the ninja who kicked her, tossing them into the water, letting the blood spill out the surface layer, a murky red. He then sheathed his claws and dove, sinking hard and fast. He hated the water. The worst thing to be in mad early of metal. A lot more work than a normal person. A few ninja dove in after them, their swords not able to much beneatht he water as Logan sank down faster.

He could see the girl swimming up and lurched forward letting out a roar, the air escaping his, lungs. His claws popped ou. He impaled he ninja, letting the body float to the top. Slashing at the other he felt the claws sink in, cutting deep into the man's chest. Logan pushed off the body and sheathed his claws again. Slowly he began to swim to the top. He surfaced near Elektra, the spray of bullets incoming.

He quickly moved his body in the way the bullets hitting his back and sinking past him, into the water. Upon impact they slowed down. "Swim to that shore go." He waited till she hadn't bit of distance, taking a few more shots. He bled, buthst didn't matter. He slowly began to swim, coming up behind the girl as the reached the shore. He began to climb the outside, pulling himself up over the edge. He reached down, lending a hand to the girl.

They were on a small road, inthe factory area. Logan continued to move, ignoring the soaking wet clothes. Down the road headlights lit them up. Logan raised a hand for them to stop, approaching the driver as they slowed down. When the truck stoped Logan walked up to the door.

"Say you're all wet. You uh okay there buddy," The driver asked opening the door to talk to Logan. He eyed the little girl not far off.

"Get out of the truck. We need it." Logan move closer to the door, looking out into the water no doubt the ninjas weren't far off.

"I can't just give you my truck."

"I said out." Logan grabbed the man by the shirt, pulling him down from the truck. He tossed him into the dirt, leaving him at the side of the building. "You, in. Now." He motioned for Elektra to get in the truck, as he looked back at the driver.

"Hey, I'm going to call the..." Logan extended a single claw, brining it to the man's chin.

"You're going to say some punks stole your car at gun point and drove off. You don't mention this to anyone." Logan sliced up, knicking the man's chin. He the sheathed the claw and climbed in the truck, slamming the door close. It was a good thing the semi didn't have a load, of this would have made escape a lot harder.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: May 1 2018, 03:51 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

Ellie surfaced with a ragged gasp, her lungs finally recovering enough to continue doing their job. She sucked in the ghastly smelling air a second time as she started trying to tread water. She wasn’t alone in the river and she jumped at the first body to bob up before she realized his eyes were empty. Dismissing the body, she looked around, spotting the row of regular thugs on the docks still.

They raised guns and her eyes widened, ready to grab a quick breath and dive back down as her only option of cover when the water in front of her exploded with an angry Canadian. At the first suggestion of a direction, for once she didn’t argue and started swimming. They were sitting ducks out here in the water.

She was a strong swimmer and was able to keep up, even lead a little, in the water better then she had on land. She crawled out on the far bank shivering and looking far more like a drowned rat then usual but still alive thankfully. She’d lost her shoes and sword but didn’t allow the loss to slow her down as she followed Logan up towards the road.

She was just as interested in what they should do next as she stood on the side of the road and watched him hail a truck. She figured she still had an option of slinking away or going along with the guy. He didn’t seem to be holding a grudge, said he didn’t, but she still didn’t understand exactly why he was the one here. Why wasn’t it Stick? Or one of his other Chaste friends?

She gave him another glare as he ordered her around. That was fine when they were in the thick of it but the ninja’s were on the other side of the river right now. She stomped over and climbed in, situating herself in the passenger seat and crossing her arms. Once they were on the road she took that as permission enough to finally speak up. ”Were are you taking me? And who sent you?”

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: May 1 2018, 04:31 PM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan turned on to the nearest highway exit. He started to pick up speed, putting as much distance as he could between them and the docks. It didn't look like they were followed. By the time they came around the dock they would have been gone. Those who swam would have not been able to get a car as quickly as they did. Even if they tracked the truck it would only do them so much good at the distance he was looking to put on, head upstate.

He put the pedal down, moving the semi truck down the road. As the girl spoke he only nodded at first. "I'm keeping you safe until this blows over. Until the night is done. A motel, upstate. Far enough until you're safe." He looked down at their clothes, soaking wet. Would need to change too. Maybe a stop first, first gas station he saw out of the city. New clothes, new ride, then backtrack to the nearest motel. Made sense to him.

"I told you. Your old man, your sensei. The blind guy. He came to me, asked for my help as he did before. You're lucky I give half a shit and don't want to see a kid die. This ain't my business, ain't my fight. I told you this. Yet you people didn't listen." The old man played him exactly as he wanted to. Though he knew well enough to know the old man wasn't lying. He knew only Logan could get her back, from whoever was after them.

Logan continued down the road. As the exited the city it was nothing but open road and more and more trees. Logan was silent, driving until they came upon a gas station. It was small, no where to fill up trucks this size. Had a diner attached and was mostly empty except one car belonging to the sap inside having to work the night shift. "Stay in the truck until I come to get you." Logan opened the door, climbing out he slammed it shut. His boots crunched agaisnt the gravel as he made his way inside

The kid behind the counter barely looked up from his magazine as Logan moved in. He went to the shitty clothing the had sold their, hunting sweaters, a few caps. None really the Elektra's size but she could swim in a hoodie for now. He grabbed that a case of beer, and pack of jerky. He came to the till tossing them on the counter as he reached for a package of M&Ms. Setting them down he paid with what sopping wet bills he had, just handing over the entire wallet. It was more than enough and the kid didn't care.

Moving back out he banged on the passenger door of the semi truck. "Come one, lets go. We're taking the car."

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: May 5 2018, 04:46 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

Her pink dress would be a loss she wouldn’t mourn but its wet state wasn’t the most comfortable, or warm. Her skin raised up in bumps and her crossed her arms under the shoulder strap of the seat belt. She didn’t open her mouth to complain though. She was tougher then that and probably not even the first time she’d looked like a drowned kitten.

So it was going to be a long night where they hoped they weren’t followed and where the mystery of why she had been taken would gnaw at them. Or at least her. Right now, the best she could think of was that the Hand thought that since she was still young she could be made to change sides. Made more sense then anything else she could come up with right now.

”Oh. Stick.” Which made her look a little puzzled for a moment before she used her head to figure that out. Stick must not be near by. She knew he travelled a lot, doing stuff for the Chaste. He couldn’t always be around her. This man though, he sounded angry and she gave him a sideways look from behind her bedraggled hair. ”I didn’t do anything.” As if that absolved her of his anger. She hadn’t called him. She hadn’t tried to get grabbed, in fact it was a huge bruise on her pride that she had been. ”I don’t exactly want to be here either.” Probably beat that piano recital though.

Silence was fine by her, her eyes watched the scenery as the head lights illuminated it and it rushed past in a blur. When they pulled over finally, she unclicked her belt, ready to get out as well until he ordered her to stay. She gave him a glare that didn’t waver even when he slammed the door.

Fine. She’d wait. She watched him through the mirrors on the truck as he walked to the store and went inside. Then her eyes scanned the area around them, watching for anything else that might be around. A car passed by on the road but otherwise things where quiet. By the time he came back she was a little jumpy with all the silence.

She pushed the door open and looked down at him from her seat. ”I have to go to the bathroom.” She stated before jumped down, not even bothering with the steps, she landed in a crouch and started stalking off towards the building.

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: May 5 2018, 10:49 AM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan poked me up at her in the seat. He knew she didn't want to be here, but he wasn't going to just let her go. Nor was he going to take her back right away. Have her be taken just again. A few days, and they'd think they lost her. Let her sensei knock some heads of the guys who took her while he kept her safe. When he got the word it was safe he'd bring her back out. Wether she wanted to tag along or not wasn't really her choice. This was a favour to her old man and keeping her safe.

He sighed as she said she had to pee. As she started to head to the bathroom he riffled through the bag to grab the clothes he got for her. "Put these on." He tossed them in the dirt next to her. She needed to keep dry so she didn't freeze, that's what mattered. Keeping her safe and not having her die of hypothermia.

Logan leaned agaisnt the truck. His fished into his jeans for a pack of a cigarettes. Pulling them out they seemed to drip as he held them, soaked to the bone. With a grunt he tossed them across the parking lot. Moving inside the gas station again he grabbed a pack of smokes. He only offered a smile as he made his way back out and tomthe truck again. Reaching for his lighter he gave it a click, and nothing. Sighing again he moved back inside, grabbing a lighter, lighting his smoke on the way back out.

He came around to the car in the lot. A quick jab of his claw and it went through the window. He popped it open and climbed inside, reaching for the wires under the wheel. A few second street later it came to life and he climbed out, ashing his cigarette on the ground. He took a moment to change out of his jackets and jeans, putting on the fresh hunting gear he got. He left the old ones crumpled in s pile on the ground.

Leaning on the car he waited for the girl to come out. She was taking to long. Moving over to the door he banged on it. "Come on. We ain't got all day. We need to get moving." He sighed as he moved back to the car, leaning on the hood once again.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: May 9 2018, 03:04 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

She wasn’t arguing the trip, though she would be disappointed to miss her muay thai lesson tomorrow. Just her luck she’d be back home for the next piano lesson though. Maybe after this she could convince her father to let her quit. Take up something more her speed. She wasn’t all that interested in music and the piano seemed so stuffy anyway. No, it wasn’t the trip. It was because she felt she was being treated as a kid. Admittedly she was one, but she was also a killer. She would have succeeded at killing him if he hadn’t been special.

It was a statement, not her asking permission. She’d conceded enough to stay in the car while he did some shopping but she wasn’t going to hold her bladder any longer and she wasn’t going to go crashing into the woods when there was a perfectly good bathroom a hundred feet away. She turned when he threw something, looking down at the clothes and then back up at him like she was the adult and he was the kid throwing a tantrum now. Really, just throwing them in the dirt? ”Ffft.” She made only the single annoyed sound before picking them up and stomping off with her chin held stiffly.

In the bathroom she ditched the dress in the trash can and made her best attempt at the oversized clothes. The man had no taste or sense of sizes. The shirt was too small, the shorts too big and the hoody enormous. She was trying to make the shorts fit better by rolling the top of them, a desperate attempt to try and make sure they didn’t fall down when he came pounding on the door. She jumped and glared at the door. <”Go hump a donkey!”> She shouted in Greek before she finished with the shorts. She might have had better luck making a dress out of the hoody.

She came out not looking any happier then he did. ”A belt would have been helpful.” She snipped as she approached the car before turning her eyes to look it over. From the look through the window she thought the truck had probably been cleaner. She walked around to the other side and grabbed the passenger side door to get in.

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: May 9 2018, 07:46 PM
Wolverine
136 years old
Drifter/Teacher
49 posts
Mutant
Butch
CST

Logan leaned beside the door. He heard the insult, Greek. Didn't know what she said, but it was angry and not nice. He could pick Greek from a crowd but didn't know a single word of it. He would have guessed she would have been more fluent in Japanese given the Hand and the situation. Guess she was becoming domesticated. Was the kid Greek? Her name sounded Greek enough.

Folding his arms Logan waited for her to come out. When she did and came out complaining Logan just shrugged, "They didn't have one. Be lucky they had that." Coming to the car he opened the door pressing the wires again to start it up. As it came to life he looked in the back seat. Reached around he grabbed a gym sneaker that her saw. Tossing it to he kid he pulled the car out of the lot. "Use the shoelace as a belt."

Driving the car back down the highway he headed back towards the city, going the opposite direction as before. Anyone looking wouldn't think they back tracked, as it was a stupid move. Moving closer wasn't ideal, putting distance between them was. But Logan didn't want that. He eye a motel off the highway that was going to work much better. "When we stop stay in the car again. I'll get us a room and we'll hide out there." Right he should have saved some money for a room.

He took his eyes off the road as he started to dig in the centre console for some change. Finding a few coin he pocketed them. He then looked for anything else in the car. Didn't seem like it. Maybe he could trade a stay for his watch or something. Seeing the motel he turned into the lot and parked the car in the far back corner. He put it in park and slowly climbed out. "I changed my mind. Grab that bag, keep quiet and don't do anything stupid." He pointed fit he plastic bag full of the other goods he got her.

He closed the door, leaving the car unlocked. He left the keys on the dash. If it got stolen that only worked in their favour right now. Moving to the office he opened the door, the bell ringing as he went in. Walking up to the coutner he leaned on it. "Need a room. Ground floor. Near the back preferably. Don't want to hear the road much. Two beds if you can."

"We only got the one room left sir," the desk clerk said, popping her bubble she blew from her gum. "Gonna have to do. Need to see some sort of license, and a card for security deposits." She typed a few keys, looking from Elektra to Logan as she blew another bubble.

"Yeah we don't got that. Got fourteen buck cash, and a watch. How about you let that be enough." He could feel the woman watching Elektra as he spoke. Don't do anything stupid kid.

@ELEKTRA NATCHIOS

Posted: May 12 2018, 04:59 AM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
185 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST

Over sized pants and undersized shirt, the man was terrible at shopping and eyeballing things. It probably could have all been avoided if he’d just let her come inside in the first place. Thinking about it now she didn’t know why she had obeyed and stayed in the car. She should have just followed him in regardless. Her glare seemed permanently affixed on her face when she looked at him though.

”What the…!” Was it any wonder when he was tossing stinky shoes at her? Her nose wrinkled up as the thing landed in her lap. ”I should have stabbed you more.” She grumbled.

As they came upon the hotel she had to wonder. ”Why did we backtrack here?” the place looked terrible but the hotel’s rating didn’t concern her though maybe knowing she was going to be stuck in this place with him for a day or few should have. ”I don’t want to stay in the car.” She had that stubborn sound to her voice. She’d rather get out and prowl around then sit in the car. If he didn’t want her to come inside while he secured the room fine, she’d secure the area.

The man seemed to have very little planned out, no more then the roughest of sketches which was giving Elektra even more reason to doubt him. At fighting it might be good but planning out moves seemed to be where he lacked. Just as he suddenly changed his mind about her staying in the car. Didn’t say why. Maybe because of what she said but she doubted it.

She glanced back at the bag before reaching over to get it. She peeked inside a moment before hopping out of the car. One hand went to her waist band through the hoody. After changing hands with the bag she pulled up that hood and started following. As blasé as the woman behind the counter sounded, the way she darted glances at her made her think that wasn’t true. Perhaps they were an odd pair, certainly memorable.

Ellie glanced at Logan, a little startled he hadn’t thought ahead to think how to pay. Yup, they would certainly be remembered. Her gaze turned back to the woman though and she glared at her obvious curiosity about her. Maybe they should have at least brushed her hair?

@LOGAN HOWLETT
Posted: May 12 2018, 03:10 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City Break the Wheel: a Season 7 GOT AU GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp Marvel Heroes RPG