Eve of Destruction, General Ross
THADDEUS ROSS
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 04:00 PM

66 years old
Thunderbolt
Human
2 posts

Overview
General, Secretary of Defense, and now prospect and candidate for the highest office in the land. Yes, the guy yelling at a giant green monster from a tank travelling across land is running for President on the platform of Superhero Law Reform. Ross is that kind of jackass who wants everyone to play by his very overbearing rules. All because his daughter doesn't like him much and her boytoy keeps breaking things. Ross is not a happy and healthy man. He has hid and masked most of his illness from the public while he campaigns and stays in NYC where he can keep a thumb on things at the epicenter. He wants to be on the scene if/when things go awry so he can say he was there and he fought against it. He has some serious trust issues and a lot of parts of his mind left behind in Nam. He is on the hunt for a solution to his illness, something to make him stronger. There was one suggestion that he was vehemently against, something very hypocritical that could very well save his life, but he dislikes the idea of owing anyone anything.
Friendly
Not really possible. Either he's using you for a photo op or Betty asked him to 'be nice'. He is a gruff and grumpy old man who considers the time he's got to be precious. It is not uncommon for him to simply leave a conversation he is either bored by or considers to be beneath his necessity for attention.
Romantic
Practically impossible since his wife passed. That was his everything and ever since he's been more keen on things like waging war and raising a daughter. Apart from that, he's more worried about staying alive long enough to put a clamp down on these Superheros and leave a victorious legacy for humanity.
Antagonistic
Most people would definitely fit in here since he rubs everyone wrong. He'd puff cigar smoke into a nun's face. He's just not the nicest fellow about xD So he's bound to get mixed up in some trouble. Plus, he's always pushing through legislation and stoking the fires of anti-meta rhetoric. It's not uncommon to see him making a speech in front of likeminded masses at his rallies and using the mysterious dangers of meta to tap into people's fears and bolster his credibility as 'their savior'.
Other
There's a plotline in store for him and finding a cure. That would involve needing to be far more like his enemy, Bruce Banner. In fact, he needs his blood to test the theory that was given to him. There's that whole risk that saving his life could also make him the exact thing he hates. Thaddeus has resigned that if the results are indeed grim then he would try and destroy Bruce once using that power, destroy all of the metas that plagued him, then destroy himself. Then there's this Thunderbolts project named after him that he figured was a half-measure but, due to the motions of the SRA, he may need to take a more active role in ensuring the continued success of.
PM
^
BRUCE BANNER
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 07:07 PM

47 years old
Hulk
Enhanced
24 posts

ohai Mark Thad

I mean, sir. General. Betty's dad. Papa Ross. Anyway, Bruce is back in the US and staying in a small town called Greenport, hoping that he can do more good here than halfway across the world. Obviously, these two are pretty much on opposite ends of the whole registration fight. Probably these two should meet up at some point, have some tea and crumpets, discuss art and literature, y'know. Or beat the crap out of each other in Hulk form. That works too.

But seriously, how's Betty?

PM
^
T'CHALLA UDAKU
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 05:17 AM
is

years old
0 posts
T'CHALLA UDAKU

@THADDEUS ROSS ->> T'Challa is NOT going to like him. The feeling will likely be mutual, given that T'Challa's not quite baseline human anymore, and Ross knows that because yay Accords. Which, by the way, T'Challa is still lobbying to change a little.

If Ross's really running for office, it stands to reason he might meet King T'Challa at some point? FYI, T'Challa is going to insist on being addressed properly xD No exceptions to an a-hole like Thaddeus. T'Challa can be an a-hole too, he's just very polite and correct about it Possible to try and coerce support from him?
^
THADDEUS ROSS
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 08:35 PM

66 years old
Thunderbolt
Human
2 posts

@BRUCE BANNER & THADDEUS ROSS

First executive order once in office: No more Bruce Bananers!
Also stay away from Betty????????????????
P.S. Give me your blood or I'll die

@T'CHALLA UDAKU & THADDEUS ROSS

Yessss mutual hateship is good, quality organic content. Thad will call him King when he can prove Wakanda is actually a thing :| hide your country and he'll hide the royal dignity!
PM
^
T'CHALLA UDAKU
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 07:43 AM
is

years old
0 posts
T'CHALLA UDAKU

@THADDEUS ROSS ->> be careful what you wish for, mr. Secretary, he might show you Wakanda's muscles, and you might not be happy he did didyouseethatawesomeshieldinthenewtrailer???? Ahem, excitement xD Actually, looking at a gif it seems to be cloaking technology, so maybe Ross IS right when he says T'Challa is king of a country that doesn't exist. Euhm, oops? Little more tricky to solve xD

Clearly Thaddeus didn't pay attention to the 'how to flatter your opponent into ease 101' classes xD But yesss, where can we have 'em meet? It'll be delightful to try and cut that tension with a knife. Or a traditional Wakandan spear. Or a sword? A normal knife might not cut it, ehehehe.

Btw, Bananers? Comedy gold xD
^
BEN GRIMM
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 08:28 PM

40 years old
The Thng
Extraterrestrial
30 posts

@THADDEUS ROSS

Heyo, so I know Ross is just for site plots but I was wondering if you wanted to do a thread between Ben and Thaddeus. Considering Ben is registered Thaddeus would probably know of him. The two of them probably served in the military during the same time. Give or take a few years Ben should be about his age if not for the incident. Possibly the knew eachother from then. (There's a comic panel I was trying to find of Ben and Thaddeus in his office but I can't seem to find it)

Maybe Thaddeus approaches Ben to join the Thunderbolts, and Ben can kindly decline. Or even run into something somewhere.

PM
^
THADDEUS ROSS
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 11:27 PM

66 years old
Thunderbolt
Human
2 posts

@BEN GRIMM & THADDEUS ROSS

Ross is already like >8| FANTASTIC FREEEEEAKS

But yeah, maybe they do have a history and now Ross treats him way differently because he's "one of them" now. He could approach Ben for a spot on the Thunderbolts for sure and probably get pissy about being turned down and be like "I will have my vengeance..."
and shit
PM
^
BEN GRIMM
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 02:56 AM

40 years old
The Thng
Extraterrestrial
30 posts

@THADDEUS ROSS

I totally dig the idea of him wanting vengeance for turning him down. He doesn't take rejection well does he? Very least they could start with some mutual respect, being military and strong headed folk. Though quickly push it away becuase Ben is different. Even though he doesn't want to be lol.

Can you Start? Or would you want me to start? Maybe meeting in Ross' office. If he was called in Ben would go see what it was about.

PM
^
REED RICHARDS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 03:27 PM
mia is Online

41 years old
Mr. Fantastic
Extraterrestrial
6 posts

Pshaw, you know you love us.
Hello! Not any real ideas thing, just coming over to shake the hand that signs the checks. Reed's been working on military stuff now, and Rossis the military, so their paths probably crossed before, even if they didn't meet personally.

Also, I kind of imagined that The Fantastic was being kept in a military base near NY so Reed could still have access to it to study it, but still stay somewhere safe. Reed took all the really fun stuff out of it already (and they were burned to hell anyway), but there's still about 20 tons of scrap metal alloy and ceramics and nanomaterials Reed invented gathering dust in one of your warehouses. You're welcome!
PM
^
THADDEUS ROSS
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 01:09 PM

66 years old
Thunderbolt
Human
2 posts

@REED RICHARDS & THADDEUS ROSS

Ross is fine with Reed as long as he does his job, just like the other registered folk. Gotta nab up some super freaks aka unregistered metas and whatnot. Yeah I figure Ross would be fine with Reed examine his old hunk of junk while under surveillance. He definitely prefers to keep his military property out of the metas hands since he's pretty positive that it's all gonna end with humans vs metas (he gets older and crazier) so he won't be too chummy with Reed because he'll be thinking he's gonna have to take him down one day, like he does with everyone.

PM
^
KARLA SOFEN
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 02:40 PM

28 years old
Moonstone
Enhanced
23 posts

thaddeus ross more like bitcheus NOT

cmon thunderbolts lets egg this nerd's house @MELISSA GOLD @PAUL EBERSOL
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin made by mstx at cttw, shine, & atf
toggle sidebar by subdevo and custom forum structure by black