Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Name In Lights, [MJ]
Nova
17 years old
Super Hero/ Professional Slacker
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

Sam double checked his phone twice now. This was where they had to agreed to meet. He didn't know what to expect. But he saw the stuff she wrote. Heroes, Spider-Man. Nova needed his name out there. Ms. Marvel had gotten a little press, why couldn't he. People knew Hawkeye, he was the only one who wasn't well known or even acknowledged. Everyone he mentioned his name to made it seem like they never heard of him ever. In some aspects it worked, but he wanted that to change. Nova would be known.

Shaking out his arms as he jumped up and down. He really hoped this wasn't a set up. He wanted good publicity, not the hero cops after him. Still he could probably fly away faster than they could catch up. He still didn't want that to happen. This was supposed to be his time in the light, not drowned out upon it.

It had taken a little of convincing, b he finally got the reporter to agree. Meet him at this small rooftop, in the evening. He hoped she showed up. Last thing he wanted was to be left high and dry waiting for her. Casually he leaned on the wall beside him, to casual, to casual. He pushed off the wall and swung his arms in the air, kicking and pretend fighting the air. Got to make it look like he just came from combat, or something like that. He didn't know, he had never done interviews before.

All he knew was that he was needed some person to mention what they were doing was good. Mention the name Nova and the Young Avengers. Stopping the crime and saving the city again and again. The world needed to know Nova. At least recognize the name. Plus she knew Spider-Man, or wrote aboutim, he wasn't about to be outshone by that dweeb.

So he'd wait, wait for this reporter to show. If she showed.

@MARY JANE WATSON
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 06:08 PM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

The New York City evening was producing a chill in the air, enough to form crystallized formations on the edge of windows and along metal. The snow on the ground under the soles of Mary Jane's boots as she was making her way to a sort of meeting. She had yet to start viewing it as a meeting slash interview yet because if there was anything she'd learned during her active year as a moderately successful blogger, it was to check the sources. She got mails and comments almost every week about people claiming to be this and that, to have powers and abilities beyond her wildest dreams. At least, she believed that they believed that. Figuring out what was legit and what wasn't, wasn't always an easy task and if anything, time consuming.

This particularly hero, Nova as he called himself, had claimed his authenticity with... enthusiasm. It helped that she'd sort of heard about him a couple of times, she'd even written about him once although at the time she'd had no idea who he was. An easy solution would've been to ask Peter, but being on none-speaking terms made that difficult. It was a thought followed by a small sting.

Mary Jane eventually arrived to her destination, where she could watch the so called Nova and decide whether she wanted to go ahead or not. A part of this was also safety, learning from previous mistakes. It was easy to go into something with a passion but when you didn't consider all the variables, things could go wrong. MJ had never been much about variables, she always relied on her own inner strength and resourcefulness to see her through.

"Hey," she called as her head peaked over the edge of the roof, climbing the last bit of a staircase to get up there. "Sorry I'm late. I watched you from a distance for a bit, had to make sure you weren't just another creep." He looked real enough, the armor and the helmet. It wasn't something you could find in your local Walmart. Hands in her pocket, MJ tilted her head to the side a little. "You're shorter than I expected." Then, she smiled and extended a hand in more of a proper greeting. "Mary Jane."

@SAM ALEXANDER
Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:07 AM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

Sam punched the air and jumped around a few times. He shook out his arms. What time was it? He really needed a way to carry his phone. Maybe a fannypack? Would Spider-Man make fun of him for that? Who was he kidding, they all would. Maybe one of those work out armbands, how secure were they? Not having a phone there wasn't much he could do for contact or time, or boredom. Wow he really was reliant on his phone. What did they do before them? Smoke signals? How barbaric.

Jumping up he kicked the air, making stertypical King-Fu movie fighting noises. As he heard a voice though he spun around and went to smooth out his hair. Only it was a helmet and looked super awkward. Way to go Sam. He smiled, don't be to creepy, don't be to creepy. Sam crossed his arms, to causal, deciding to just drop them by his side he looked over the reporter. She was younger than he expected, guess a blog was a blog. Who verified an age on the web. At least one where you couldn't lie and click agree, or enter an age that said you were 86.

"Hey, I'm taller than Tony Stark," Sam said calmly as he smiled. Even if it was only by an inch or so. He reached out to her hand, shaking it though his grip wasn't very confident. "Uh Nova," Nova the Human Rocket, Hero Extrodinare. Was that even a word? He didn't care, sounded cool. Nova worked, enough Fred to the Nova Corps, and his father. Still sounded badass. He dug it.

"That was smart thinking, watching from a distance. Keep yourself safe." He folded his arms and rocked back on his heels. "So..I uh read your blog. It's good. Like some of the stuff you wrote. I'm glad I can convince you or whatever." Sam smiled again. "Figured you could do an interview kind of thing. Talk to a real hero was has actually done some saving hero stuff. Well maybe not a real hero, but I'm trying to be one."

He sighed. "I'm hoping that maybe my name out there could like make me more well known, so people stop going, oh hey it's Iron-Man or Vision, or whatever." What should he mention first, the lab fight? Stopping dinosaurs with powers? Working Thor? Lots of his adventures weren't really heroic. Like stopping a robbery and dislocating his shoulder, crashing in a backyard. If he mentioned space she may just think he's crazy, he learnt that the hard way.

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Mar 2 2018, 03:03 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

"I don't doubt it." There was a grain of irony in her voice, her own underlying thoughts about the man known as Tony Stark. To put it simply, she wasn't his greatest fan. There had been a time when she had been younger and in her own mind considerably more naive, when she had looked to the sky to see the Iron Man soar across the sky. For the first time as his years as the Avenger, he'd taken the time to each day fly around the island of Manhattan. It had been like clock work, she'd been able to sit in her window in Queens and see the streak of light across an evening sky. But not anymore. Even if he'd done it, she told herself she wouldn't look. She had better things to do.

One of them being making other heroes known, the ones that didn't had a net worth of several billions and forced people to wear trackers, the kind of heroes that wanted to save and help people anyway, regardless of what the government required. There were always going to be a need for someone to look out for the lot of them at street level. Those were the kind of heroes that Mary Jane supported. Apparently Nova was one of those, as much indicated what he'd told her in emails and what she'd heard across town.

Mary Jane laughed lightly when she heard what he first had to say about her strategy when approaching him. "This ain't my first rodeo," she said, partially joking but also somewhat serious. She'd learned from her previous mistakes. There was an offered thumbs up as he appreciated her blog. "Figured I had to check it out. I get a lot of emails like yours, but the little detail you provided convinced me further." Still, she took precautions regardless, it was the way she'd learned to this job, this hobby of hers.

"People think you're Vision?" It sounded like Nova had the habit of running into people that weren't well invested into the hero business, which in fact seemed to sometimes be a lot of New York City. Some were tired too, she knew that feeling well, standing on the ground and just being audience. Except, she'd never really accept that role well, which was why she was standing on a roof top like she was now, getting acquainted with heroes.

With a hand in her purse, MJ produced a notebook and a faithful pen, branded Stark Industries. She kept it only because she had gotten it from Pepper's office, a reminder that should keep working towards her dreams and goals. "Okay, Nova, I hope you're ready," she teased and clicked the pen against her chin. "So, why are you doing this?" She gestured towards him, indicating that she meant his suit and the whole hero-gig. "There's plenty of heroes out there, what are you bringing to the table, besides a fancy suit? Are you just out here because you have it or do you have a reason? Want to be famous ?"

@SAM ALEXANDER

Posted: Mar 7 2018, 02:17 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

"You liked that? The little touch. I saw some of your coverage on him. Pretty cool. Just don't tell him I sent that to you though, if you see him again. He doesn't exactly know I took that photo of us. Kind of snapped it while he was getting his kicked by Hawkeye." Sam smiled. Well not that Hawkeye she probably knew, the female Hawkeye. Hawkete? No definitely Hawkeye. Though he didn't doubt the other one played games too. Probably was good at them. Or maybe not, he was old.

"Well there's not many flying heroes out there right. And it's either that or Iron-Man. I guess there's the Human Torch, but he leaves fire, and mine is more blue energy thing. The cop that said it wasn't very informed I think. He was more angry about all the people tied up. By the badguy, not me, yeah I stopped the people who tied them. Well the ones who were in the room with them. Cops showed up, thought I was Iron-Man or Vision. This is why I want to get my name out there. So next time they know Nova. Though the police probably don't read your blog." Sam smiled, wasn't he talking to much, he felt like he was talking to much. Maybe he needed to slow down.

He watched her dig the pen out and crossed his arms causally, "Oh I'm ready. I've been ready for a long time. About time they know who I am." This was going to end with him in cuffs one day, he could feel it. But for now all he could do was smile and keep crossing his arms. He rocked back on his heels. Listening to her questions. Yeah he never really thought of why he was doing this. These questions were a lot deeper than he expected. He was expecting to like flash some blasts and fly around and answer about how cool he was. Which obviously he was the coolest.

"Uh I guess I'm doing this because I have to. I'm the only one who can use this helmet, so like why waste it right? It was destined to me, and I couldn't just let this power go to waste. I grew up hearing of heroes and adventures all over space and the Galaxy. But I never thought they were real. Until I had this. I knew I had to be a hero. It was how it was supposed to be. I couldn't sit back and do nothing." He moved his hands as he talked, though still smiled.

"Have to ask why anyone becomes a hero, it's to save people right? That's what I wanted to do. I wanted to save people. I wanted to help I guess is the best answer. What am I bringing, probably nothing special. I have powers but so does everyone else out there. I can do a lot, but there's always someone who can do more. But I was destined to do this. It's in my DNA."

His father was hero, and he was determined to be one too. Only he could use the helmet, so it was better than wasting away and going to school. He was going to be a hero like his dad. And one day he'd be saving the galaxy, not just the earth. Protecting from threats more than bank robbers and super villains.

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Mar 9 2018, 02:40 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

Whatever her feelings were in regards to Peter, the other hero in front of her still got a chuckle out of her with his statement. Hiding how she really thought and felt was something she'd become something of an expert with and there was no need to let her own issues spill into other parts of her life, especially this one. Her blog many thought was just a hobby but MJ was certain that it was going to fuel her career and way forward as much as her internship at the Daily Bugle. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me," she said, underlined by a playful wink.

Not knowing the young man under the helmet and in the suit, Mary Jane simply thought that the flow of words in response to her inquiry was just nerves. So, she listened patiently and sifted through what he was saying for potential useful information that was going to build her article about this hero. "I think for some people, most people even, you fall under the category of generic flying hero." In her experience, the people on the street didn't care much, she was pretty sure that many just wanted to stay as far away as possible from anything related to heroes. The teen could understand that, as usually it was the ones caught in the crossfire. "Getting your name out isn't only good stuff, y'know. With good press usually follows more attention, not all of it great." She was sure Nova knew though, better than most that staying away from the SRU and police was a good thing, especially if he wanted to keep doing what he did.

At the mention of space and galaxies, MJ lifted a hand. "Whoa, wait a minute here now, you mean like fictional stories, right? Like... Star Wars," she said and perked up after having recalled the name. Even though she'd watched them--to be a good friend more than anything--she still couldn't recall whether the sticks of light belonged to Star Trek or Star Wars. Maybe it was all the same, at least to her it was.

"Everyone doesn't have powers," she said with a pointed look and bounced the edge of her pen against the notepad, before pointing to herself. "I don't. Not super-powers anyway." There was a squint of her eyes towards him as she thought about what he's said and how she wanted to address it. "Don't you think that it's good enough that you can do something, though?" What was with these heroes that she kept meeting and getting to know, with the will and need to try and fix everything, to carry the world on their shoulders? "And what do you mean by in your DNA? Are you like, an experiment or something? I've heard that's been going around a lot lately." Like the flu. Half of the times she picked up something from articles or various forms of reports regarding metahumans, experiments were involved in their origin.

@SAM ALEXANDER

Posted: Mar 14 2018, 02:03 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

Sam sighed. "Yeah I know it may lead to some trouble. But I guess I want people knowing I'm not the bad guy. That if they see me say fly into a burning building that they won't want to be scared. That they will know it will be alright and I can get them to safety. I know it can lead to trouble, they'll know I'm out there. The SRU and all that jazz. But if I avoid them it should be fine. I mean Thor didn't seem to mind I was a hero." He paused. "Wait can you scratch that off record. I don't want him getting in trouble or something. He kind of has to follow the rules to." Great why not throw your name in their as well Sam, maybe say you have a whole hero team that you work with. Just peachy.

Sam smiled though at the next part. "No, not just stories. Well I mean they were at first to me. Space cop, flying around saving the galaxy wearing all magical helmets with flight and energy blasts sounds really like make believe right. Until you know you get a helmet from one of them and then can do this." Sam took a step blast. Hovering in the air, he flew up quickly, launching off and landing back down. Then he launched a Nova Force blast from his hand, knocking over a potted plant that was on the balcony across the way. He then smiled again and held his hand out for a fist bump.

"You can see what I mean that like they all sound like stories until bam, you're actually doing what they did. So no. Not Star Wars." He rocked back on his heels. He wasn't goi to spout off about space cops and the whole Nova Corps yet. Pretty sure that would just sound crazy. But stories coming to life, that was good fiction. "Wether his stories were true I can't say. But he described powers like I just showed you. That's pretty accurate to me."

He looked down. "I didn't mean everyone everyone when I said that. But like everyone. Everyone trying to be a hero. Avengers, Hero of Harlem, Daredevil, The Thing, all of them. They all have powers of some kind. Or it seems like it to do what they do. That's what I meant. Everyone who's out there doing the hero thing has powers. And as much as I can do, I'm sure Captain America, or Thor could do way more." Way to sell yourself short Sam, sure that makes for interesting topic.

"Oh I'm not an experiment. I'm just a kid in America. The helmet is coded or bonded with my Father's DNA. Only I can use it. I have enough to make it work. If you were to put it on it would just be a normal helmet. I don't know what it is, but I call it space magic. Seems to work well with the stories." He really didn't want to go into his dad though. So hopefully she wouldn't ask any more topics. It was a touchy subject right now. One that weighed heavily on him. He was hoping for a lighter, more fun interview. Not all depressing dad disappearing talk.

"I don't know if it's good enough, but I know I have to try. It's all I can do right? Try and be good enough at all this."

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Mar 15 2018, 05:35 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

Mary Jane understood better now where he was coming from. These days, telling one hero from another or from a criminal wasn't easy. Over the years, the number of enhanced and technologically advanced individuals had grown a lot and even on the best of days, you couldn't always tell one from the other until you saw what they actually did. It wasn't about being famous, it was about getting the message to the people that needed to hear it. Mary Jane nodded and scribbled a few notes in h er notepad. "Okay, that I understand. There aren't exactly dress-codes for heroes and villains. Color-coding would be pretty helpful." A brow quirked up at the mention of Thor and she made a line with her pen across the note she'd taken. "I met some guy in a electronics shop once, he said he was Thor." MJ shrugged. "I don't know though, if it was actually him."

Even with everything that had happened in the past years, from the alien invasion six years ago to finding out Peter being Spider-Man, you got yourself a fairly extensive tolerance threshold for things you could accept. As far as she knew, man had explored space for decades but yet there was nothing that indicated other planets with lifeforms,, let alone superheroes. "Easy there, cowboy," MJ commented after Sam's display of his suit but she was smiling, of course finding it pretty cool. She wasn't a part of the superhero world like Nova, or Spider-Man but she admired what they did, with their abilities. She wasn't jealous though. "Well, whether they were true or not, that was pretty cool."

MJ ambled a few steps forward and tilted her head to the side a little as Sam spoke. She paid attention to each and everyone word he said, but she was also studying the suit or costume, whichever it was called. Armor? It looked too well fitted to be called an armor. Suit, she settled on and wrote down another note. "Okay, just to make it clear here, you're talking about superheroes, right? Because other people can be heroes too, without powers." She was pretty sure that was what he was saying but for someone like her, simply human, the distinction was important. "Don't sell yourself short," MJ said and looked up from her notes, giving him a friendly slap on the shoulder accompanied by a light smile. "You're doing something and that's what matters."

The reporter and blogger shuffled past Nova and sat down on the ledge of the roof, casting her gaze out over her home, over Queens. There was something in the way the young hero spoke about his father that made MJ discard some of t he questions she'd had about it. "Just a kid in America with space magic," she summarized. Then, she looked up and focused on the slits of his helmet where she assumed his eyes were. "Of course it's good enough, it's the trying part that makes the difference. At least if you ask me." She was only fifteen but she'd had been given time to develop her opinions about all of it for a while now and they were adamant.

"So what else can you do? Are you bulletproof?"

@SAM ALEXANDER

Posted: Mar 19 2018, 02:21 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

"I think that's sort of the point. There's no dress code or outfits that match. Everyone is unique. Anyone can be a hero or a villain. Like once you start sorting people into categories of hero and villain. Isn't that sort of bad. Start to label people before you even know them. That being said, every villain is lime. Pretty sure Disney has that on lock." Sam smiled as he tried to act cool. He kept his arms crossed. He may not have been as big of a dork as Spider-Man was, but he was still a dork. No matter how cool he acted he would still be a dork.

"I only saw him with the whole swinging the hammer and full on cape thing. So I can't really judge. Though I'd say tall, blonde, handsome. You would know if it's Thor. When they say he's a god, I'm pretty sure it's God of muscles." Nova hoped that would be him one day. Famous hero, turning heads. Dashingly good looking. He could pull it off.

"Right it's really fucking cool. Can see why I wanted to do this. Helping people. If I can do all that why waster it going to school and getting a job and all that. I can be doing what really matters. At least what matters more to me. I've been sort of a looser my whole life. Failing one task for another. But being a hero is something I'm actually good at." Sam smiled and gave a nod. He really enjoyed being a hero, hoped to never stop. Even with the constant risks it's what he wanted to do.

He looked to the reporter. "Yeah I was talking about superheroes. Though all heroes are doing something. The fire fighters were on the scene the same time as we were. The police are always on call. There's always a fee clinic with a nurse willing to help those in need. People are always needing it, and we can support it. Sometimes being a superhero isn't enough help. The first responders, and those out there saving lives without wearing a mask and being super. They are doing just as much if not more." He meant it. He had respect for all those who were working that way. If things went differently maybe he'd have been a cop. Hell he still might be. Cop by day, super hero by night. This just wrote itself.

Nova followed her over to the edge. He took a seat beside her, leaning back on his hands. "Uh yes and no. The suit makes me take less damage. Like I can fly through a building and not feel it. But like I don't exactly go testing if a knife or bucket can hurt me. I've been shot at it, it hurts but it doesn't kill make me bleed or anything, so yes. Let's see. Besides flying, Nova Force manipulation I can well. That's about it. But like the Nova Force can like make blasts, shield, make me hit stronger, make me a human canon, and uh well otherstuff but I sort of have to come up with it on the fly. That's mostly it though." Techncially it was all Nova Force. Even the flying part. It all came from some unknown source on some unknown planet. Maybe one day he'd wake up and it would be gone. Who knows how it works?

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Mar 22 2018, 03:49 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

Nova had a point, Mary Jane thought to herself. Even though she had been joking about the dress-code, he answered the question sincerely and he did so in a way that reminded her how important honest media coverage was. These days, everyone was quick to judge everything about you and the media was occasionally good at exploiting people hungry for opinion and information. There was a ruling somewhere in that execution, one that MJ didn't agree with much. It wasn't always easy to write something without infusing yourself into the words, at some point you always did but she always did her best not to, at least outside of her blog. She wanted to be different, didn't want to be a part of the carousel that decided who was the villain and who was the hero. Some things were harder to wash away than others, too.

Mary Jane pursed her lips slowly when he spoke about Thor. The description was accurate and reflected well the man she'd met. "Maybe it was him, then," she said in a light voice and then smiled. "He promised he was gonna wave if he ever saw me out flying." At the time, he hadn't looked like much of a God, except for maybe the muscle part. That had been very prominent, to say the least.

"I'm sure that's not true," MJ answered Sam in regards to him stating having been a loser his whole life. She believed that sometimes people felt like they lost track and that finding the right one, to get back, was the hardest part. Maybe Sam had been one of those that had struggled to find his place, but that it made sense to him now. She had her own opinions about the whole going to school thing but she wasn't here to tell him what she thought, she was here to listen to his story and his thoughts. "I agree with you there. It sometimes seems like the other heroes, the ones without powers are forgotten but they they are the ones that deal with everything else, y'know, when the dust settles." She'd seen it plenty of time, a hero swooping in to save the day and even though they did just that, save the day, there were almost always things left in its wake. It was no one's fault but they were always someone, another hero not mentioned by name that took care of the collateral, be it police, fire fighters or medical staff.

The teen had placed her notepad comfortably in her lap, pen between two fingers and ready to take notes but after the display of power and what he was telling her right now, an idea were forming and even though she at first thought it a bad one, it refused to dissipate. The fact that Nova had just admitted to being bulletproof, didn't exactly help either. A small smile formed on MJ's lips. "How would you feel about helping me out with something? I could use a guy with your talents," she said with lifted brows. "There's... some bad guys, I'm trying to get more information on them and my side-kick bailed on me. I'd go alone but it's not exactly safe. Pepper spray, a taser and witty comeback can only do so much."

@SAM ALEXANDER

Posted: Mar 27 2018, 04:22 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

"Yeah my meeting with him wasn't as friendly. He said he had no plans of arresting me though so I took it as that. Still, not in superhero jail and Thor didn't think I sucked, called it a pretty good day. I mean it's not fighting with Iron-Man and Captain America, but it's probably just as cool." He could still hold it over Ms. Marvel, and that's what truly mattered at the end of the day. Showing he was way cooler than her. Even if it was already super obvious. Like lets be real, who didn't think he was awesome. He thought he was awesome. Ms. Marvel was awesome, but he was awesomer. Wait was awesomer a word? Well he was using it now.

"Yeah I'm failing all my classes and don't have a car or a girlfriend. Pretty sure I can't hold down a job even if I had time for it. I don't know how other Superheroes do it." How did they have a normal job on top of being a crime fighter. It was way to hard. Sam sighed. "But hey got a cool helmet and can blow shit up. Would say that's pretty successful. Least in my books. Get to be a hero." An awesomer hero.

Sam smiled. "Yeah I don't like to forget the other guys. I mean it was the police who sat with the hostages. They secured and saw them home safe. I just stopped the guys holding guns. The police and everyone else involved did the rest. I could only do the first part. So we always need people like them helping." Plus the ones like Claire who helped the heroes. She helped them do stuff that the others couldn't. They were the real heroes. People like her.

"You got a taser, that's so cool. I've always wanted to use one. I've always wanted to get zapped by one too. That's so dope, like where do you every get something like that?" Even with a super cool space helmet, teasers were cool. Really cool. Her side kick bailed on her, that wasn't cool. He would help, of course he would. Wait did she mean now though, like now, now.

"Wait like help you today? Like right now? I guess I can, sure. I have nothing else going on. This was my only scheduled event. So like what do you need me to do? Like how bad are we talking. Should I call down the others?" Sam looked at her. "So where we headed? You want me to like fly you there or something?" Nova, the glorified taxi service.

"Do you so this with all your interviews, or did I get lucky?"

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Mar 29 2018, 03:20 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

Not everyone was fit to be a hero, that much was clear. It was an art that could never really be perfected, something you couldn't win at or get a profit from. From what Mary Jane had seen and experienced, sometimes you lost more than you gained by doing the right thing. Additionally there were also some that were like Sam, which was both heartfelt and sad that in order to feel like you fit in, you had to essentially be someone else. MJ understood that in a sense. She didn't put on a mask or a helmet, but she wore a smile a lot of the times when she didn't think showing true colors were beneficial. She decided to make light of the situation though, patted Nova a little on the shoulder with a smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't have a car or a girlfriend either."

Mary Jane nodded in reply to what he said next. She hadn't been close enough to the Alchemax facility to actually see anything but she'd heard enough from where she had been standing on shore, along with other media and worried families to the hostages inside. To his taser comment, she laughed and glanced at him. "My aunt got it for me, so I can be safe. I got a pepper spray too," she said and dangled her keys for him to see the spray hooked into there. There were also an item that looked like a pen, which was actually the taser. She pointed at it. "That's the taser, I can zap you later if you want, when you least expect it." That way it ought give Nova the right feeling, being prepared seemed like it would be cheating. There was also the ring she'd gotten from Peter that had proved to be just that, a taser, but she had yet to figure out how to recharge it and asking him was out of the question.

"Awesome!" Mary Jane jumped onto her feet and clapped her hands together in a decisive gesture, like they had just settled on an agreement of sorts. At the mention of others, her eyes widened and she motioned with her hand back and forth briefly to dispel that notion. "Nonono, that's not necessary, just you and me will do fine. And it shouldn't be that bad, there were just a few guys last time although... we kinda had to run because they saw us." A smile, as if saying that it wasn't that big of a deal. They had gotten away, that was the most important part.

The teen had been about to take a step towards the staircase when Nova reminded her that he could fly. Perking up she turned back to him and waited for him to stand before she engaged. "Right, flying. Yes, let's fly." She looped her arms around his neck, ready to take off after having described where they were going, hoping he'd know the way. To his question she tilted her head a little to the side and looked as if she contemplated it thoroughly. "I guess you'll find out."

@SAM ALEXANDER
Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:46 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

"Well that makes me fell a little bit better," Sam said with a half smirk. He looked out across tomthe other buildings around them. Somhe was going to help her, he could do this. Some light breaking and entering. Oh Ms. Marvel was going to kill him if she found. He was almost one hundred percent sure that helping the reporter wasn't legal. Not in the slightest, trespassing seemed like a common trend for the young hero so far.

He smiled bigger as he looked to her. "Oh you so need to do that. Like don't warn me, just zap me, I want to see how it reacts." Little did he know thensuit would probably filter out the zap. It was how he mananged to not die this far anyway. He didn't exactly control the suit, it sort of just worked and did it's own thing. Stopped all the damage so long as the Nova Force worked for him. He really should have asked how all that worked. Space magic worked for now though. Lots of funky space magic.

"Alright, so just me and you, got it. I mean Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel are always up to kick some but, so long as they don't have homework, but just me and you works. So uh, where are we going? You know what, just guide me as I fly." He felt her move around him, grabbing on to his back as she wrapped her arms around. Sam awkwardly looked back with a smile. So he was going to fly her, nice and easy, just don't drop her. Slowly he picked up off the ground, until he was hovering high above the building.

"So I'm going to take it a little slow, as you're not able to go tiny. So you don't like break your neck or whatever I can't go my full speed. But let me know if you need me to stop or slow down even more." Sam's tarted to fly, coasting along the buildings. His legs streaked In the blue Nova Force, his hands straight out as he moved across the city. He flew above the buildings so he didn't have to worry about crashing, one less thing to have on his mind was better right now.

He soared closer and closer to the area she mentioned, the city below them as he did. "So tell me the truth, how cool is this? Being able to fly and soar like this? Pretty frickin cool right?" He smiled as he continued on, moving towards the facility. It wasn't long before he was there and he hovered above it. He looked down below to the dark facility.

"Okay so you know stealth isn't really my strong suit right? I mean I sort of glow with my powers and helmet and what not. Like these blue lights?" He touched down beside a fence on the outskirts. Once MJ was off he turned to her and smiled, "So how we getting in?"

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Apr 6 2018, 04:19 AM
MJ
17 years old
DB Intern
134 posts
Human
Ruth
GTM+1

Mary Jane hadn't been able to allude much of anything about Nova from earlier, at least not based on appearance alone. All that she had really come to understand was that he was a part of the so called Young Avengers, could fly and that his suit or whatever he was wearing was mostly tinted black. Now, after having spent some time with him, even if not a considerable one, she had come to the conclusion that he was a pretty nice guy, and funny in a way that he didn't always seemed to be aware of. "You got it," MJ promised in regards to the taser but not without a chuckle.

After having secured her arms around his neck, MJ gave a nod with another promise, this time that she would guide him to their destination. She was mapping the route out in her head as they got situated with one another. Needless to say it was a little awkward to just leap into the arms of someone you'd just only met, but it was also for the common good. Or something. The potential of getting result made it less awkward, at least in Mary Jane's opinion. It was just a ride with a guy that could fly, nothing she hadn't done before.

Her confusion was evident when he talked about her becoming tiny, until she connected the dots. "Right, tiny. Is that what Ms Marvel does when you guys coast around? And yeah, thanks, I'd like to keep my neck as it is." When he talked about the coolness level of his abilities, she just smiled and continued to direct him towards the seemingly abandoned warehouse, which MJ of course knew by now that wasn't what it looked like. From the air she couldn't spot much of anything, no cars or vans, which she hoped was a good thing. There was of course a risk that they'd upped the security since her last visit.

"What, you don't have a light switch," she joked and then waved dismissively with her hand. They were gonna be fine. Once on the ground, MJ showed the way through the fence, same place they had gotten through earlier and to her surprise the walkway below was empty. Quietly, she pointed towards the short end of the building, although there was something different there from last time. The crates and barrels were all gone and the broken window? All patched up.

"Damnit, they fixed the window. We're gonna have to find another way in." MJ continued along the side of the building, making sure to stay in the shadows until she recalled that it was a pretty futile tactic given that she had the flying light bulb with her tonight. It was, however, not a bad thing. She would much rather has Nova has her company than nothing. "Okay so," said in a lowered voice as she approached what seemed to be a door. "Last time I was here, there were some... skeleton. Probably should've told you that part." She gave Nova a smile that was meant to be reassuring. "I kinda need to see if they're still there, for a start," she said and tugged at the door, that opened with a loud creak.

@SAM ALEXANDER
Posted: Apr 8 2018, 01:10 PM
Nova
17 years old
109 posts
Enhanced
Butch
CST

"Yeah I cup her in my hands, and it can protect her from taking the effects of whiplash and that. Thought she's strong a sigh hell on her own, could probably ride like you are and be fine. She also likes to ride on shoulders. No clue why. Hawkeye is really the only one I'd need to worry about when transporting. She's tough as nails, but like not in that sense." Nova shrugged. There he went, over sharing again. At least it wasn't personal stuff this time.

Nova followed her through the fence. He ducked down, making sure his helmet didn't get caught. As cool as it was, it was pretty clunky too. He ducked down and followed his new companion on foot. She knew the layout, or enough of it at least, he wondered how many times she had been here, and with who? Didn't exactly looked like they did field trips here. He followed as close as he could, moving behind her, slowly as they walked.

He saw her frustration at the window. Seemed like that had been the way in before. Nova cracked his knuckles and let out an energized huff of air. "So breaking things happens to be my specialty. You want me to break the window again? It won't set off an alarm or anything right?" He jumped around a bit, shaking his arms out as he readied himself for throwing a punch.

"Wait what? A skeleton? Like a real skeleton? Like alive? Dead? Was it human? I don't want to see an animal skeleton, but like a dinosaur or an alien, hell year. It wasn't like one of those skeletons science teachers have was it? Wait those aren't real skeletons are they? Do you think you can donate your skeleton for that when you Die? Like an organ donor, make it off for science. I totally touched one, I sure hope it wasn't real. If it was though, he or she had very smooth bones." Nova looked to her and then the window.

"Right, well lets get breaking." He smiled and stepped back. Ready to take a swing, winding up his arm. Okay so this wasn't how he saw his interview going. But that was okay. Some funncould be had. Plus it helped her out. Hopefully she'd write something good if he helped her. Maybe make him seem a little more awesome than he actually was. Which may be hard to do, given how awesome he already was.

He stopped before he went to punch. "Wait so what did you find in there? Itmwss somwhing big enough to bring you back."

@MARY JANE WATSON

Posted: Apr 12 2018, 05:38 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD