Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Sneaking... IN?, Shani & Rogue
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Shani slipped out of her room. Saturday night, or more precisely Sunday morning. The mansion was still, at least more or less. Given the denizens that resided there, it was rare that everyone was asleep at once. Witness Gadget up and about at this hour. But this was the time for a little fun and practice. She didn't want her parkoar skills to get rusty. She'd originally planned to go to a park during the day, but it had started to rain and she didn't feel like getting wet.

No problem; she had an entire mansion to use now! It never hurt to work on doing moves quietly either. Not that anyone was likely to hear, as long as she stayed away from the bedrooms. Yah, yah, there were mutants that heard everything, but hopefully they were out of the place doing their own prowling.

Shani was dressed in dark clothing and had on her gloves to protect her hands. A pair of ninja-slippers (climbing shoes she'd found on sale) and she was ready. She started her adventure by sliding down the banister, then using the ball at the bottom to redirect her energy by 90 degrees. She did a somersault to standing, and looked for where next to go.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO

Posted: May 4 2018, 04:47 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Rogue was a night owl because not only did she not get along with the vast majority of people in this big place (more in her head then in actual truth, she still felt very much like an outsider) but because at night the halls were crowded. In fact she could walk around without bumping into anyone. Well usually. Apparently that wasn’t going to be the case tonight.

After enjoying a swim, Rogue was making her way back to her room, swimming being one of those activities she really did think was safer she enjoy alone since she refused to wear a full body suit to swim. She was walking down the hall in her robe, a towel still being pressed and squeezed at her hair as she moved and therefore not paying all that close attention to what was around her or in front of her. Her mistake. She should know never to let her guard down.

When a slight dark clad figure suddenly dropped in front of her she didn’t react fast enough, walking right into the girl with an oomph that didn’t last long enough to be heard because it was quickly run over by her gasp of surprise and horror. Here she was in a bikini and robe being stupid enough to walk right into someone! She winced, a preemptive reaction to what she knew she would be feeling if there had actually been any skin contact long enough for her powers to drain the girl.

@SHANI KATZIN Shani seemed to be pretty well covered so I thought it was safe enough to "bump" into her without any skin contact. XD unless you wanted there to be lol.
Posted: May 4 2018, 07:19 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Things were going great! Slide, zip - then not so good, really fast. New plan; slide down with her feet on the outside of the rail next time, even though that would make redirecting her speed in the direction she wanted to travel more difficult. Then again, she didn't do this crazy sport because it was easy. She did it for the adrenaline rush that a certain degree of danger brought.

Tonight though, it seemed Shani was going to get more than she bargained for, when she ran headlong into the teacher. She assumed it was a teacher, or staff at least. She'd planned to do a roll, but seeing the lady threw that all out of wack. Instead she threw on the brakes, but had way too much momentum to stop, especially since she was completely off balance now, head down, and coming in at ramming speed...

She just had time to give a startled "Eek!" and execute what amounted to a cross-block to the women's hip, not to move her, but to allow Shani to go to the side instead of hitting this poor woman head-first into her stomach. It sorta worked... she blocked, she moved, she got real familiar with the floor. Thankfully she was twisted enough that she landed shoulder-first instead of face-first when the lights went out.

Could have been worse. It wasn't Rogue's fault after all, and Shani should have been asleep anyways, and who didn't need a (much more) in depth understanding of how their phone worked?

@MARIE D'ANCANTO Too good to pass up. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Now you can be fluent in Hebrew, at least for a while.

Posted: May 8 2018, 06:29 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Rogue was in the midst of taking a step when the dark figure barreled down into her, her balance tottered, momentum was transferred and damp feet left the hardwood floor in favor of a butt and some elbows. A tangle of limbs and fabric made a convincing loud thump as it all came toppling down, hard enough that there would be bruises to attest to the accident by morning.

Squeezing her eyes shut she could already feel the energy being yanked forcefully from the figure on the floor with her and into her own body. She tensed, her muscles not wanting to respond at first, as if they craved this feed. Finally though she managed to yank herself back, pulling away in a flailing of limbs and a shout.

Crab walking backwards on the floor she managed to extract herself from the other but it was already too late, the girl, whomever she was, was out cold and Rogue’s head was swimming with technical information and electronic blue prints. She pressed the heels of her hands to her temples as she tried very hard to force it all to the back of her brain, to maintain some control of who she was because that was what it felt like almost every time. Like she was drowning in someone else’s personality.

”Darn it all!” She tugged on her hair and then looked up. It hadn’t been long. It would pass. A half hour at most, probably less. She had to look at the bright side. Though what was worse, was not knowing what power she’d gotten. ”You alright?” She reached out with a toe and carefully poked the girl in the shouldn’t where her clothes covered her.

@SHANI KATZIN
Posted: May 9 2018, 12:08 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

After being prodded a bit, Shani stirred, rolling from her side to her back. "That...was unpleasant" she said, not even fully sure of what had just happened. The petite gadgeteer pushed herself up on her elbows, shaking her head a little to clear it. Something seemed different, but she wasn't exactly sure what.

"Am very sorry" she pushing herself the rest of the way up to sitting on the floor. This was necessary, otherwise she'd be hampered since she talked with her hands as much as her mouth.
"You...are teacher?" she asked. She'd seen this woman around, but had been a bit of a recluse herself, between homework and her own projects. Well, and if she admitted it, some of her diving into her projects was to avoid people. While she was bubbly with her friends, Shani was pretty shy of those she didn't know, which kept her from making many friends, or at least not quickly.

"Not sure what happen? Hit you, then... not sure?" she said, shaking her head in confusion. She didn't remember hitting her head, but maybe that was because she had? She couldn't be sure.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
ooc: wrote a lovely reply, and... something happened. I would have sworn I hit Add. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif Here's the rewrite.

Posted: May 10 2018, 05:40 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

After being prodded a bit, Shani stirred, rolling from her side to her back. "That...was unpleasant" she said, not even fully sure of what had just happened. The petite gadgeteer pushed herself up on her elbows, shaking her head a little to clear it. Something seemed different, but she wasn't exactly sure what.

"Am very sorry" she pushing herself the rest of the way up to sitting on the floor. This was necessary, otherwise she'd be hampered since she talked with her hands as much as her mouth.
"You...are teacher?" she asked. She'd seen this woman around, but had been a bit of a recluse herself, between homework and her own projects. Well, and if she admitted it, some of her diving into her projects was to avoid people. While she was bubbly with her friends, Shani was pretty shy of those she didn't know, which kept her from making many friends, or at least not quickly.

"Not sure what happen? Hit you, then... not sure?" she said, shaking her head in confusion. She didn't remember hitting her head, but maybe that was because she had? She couldn't be sure.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
ooc: wrote a lovely reply, and... something happened. I would have sworn I hit Add. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/sad.gif Here's the rewrite.

Posted: May 10 2018, 05:43 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

The girl’s name was Shani. Shani Katzin. She hadn’t previously met the girl officially, or anything like that. She knew because a piece of that girl had been copied into her brain and that piece came with certain bits of information. Like what she had been doing in the hall at this hour. That she liked the quiet time and the thrill she got from the parkour activity. That she also had a room full of electronic bits and that was actually where her power lay. It was all mostly just surface stuff, thankfully the contact hadn’t lasted long enough to grab anything deeper.

”Easy there, take it slow.” She told the girl without even realizing she was no longer speaking English. She just knew that usually people were a tad loopy, or got to enjoy a less then restful nap after touching her. She didn’t need the girl trying to jump up right away and falling back done.

She shook her head. ”No.” though she wasn’t so much a regular student either. Rogue was doing the usual indecisive college/further education thing right now. But she did know she had no desire to be a teacher, even if that seemed to be what everyone else around here did. Graduate and then teach. Boring.

”You uh…” she started awkwardly, ”You touched me.” She started gathering the robe up around her, covering up as much of her skin as she could manage right now. ”You’ll be alright soon though.”

@SHANI KATZIN and a double post! lol
Posted: May 11 2018, 11:20 AM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

"You are Jewish too?!" Shani asked excitedly. Fluent Hebrew speakers were a rarity she'd found in the US. She didn't know that Rogue was merely 'borrowing' from her. Which would probably be for the best, otherwise this homesick kid might go looking for a way to make that addition permanent, and she could be very hard head headed once she got onto something.

"Touch you? I, a, what is word? Bowling you over? Am sorry about that" she told Marie in English, though she wasn't entirely sorry now. It had lead to her meeting a kindred spirit, or at least so it seemed.
"Have never been, ah..." and she flipped back to Hebrew for a moment, "unconscious, before?" she told her new acquaintance. "Felt very weird - like sock turned inside out."

@MARIE D'ANCANTO
Hebrew in Italics

Posted: May 11 2018, 01:25 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Jewish? She looked confused at the question, slowly shaking her head at the girl. ”No.. no..” she tried to listen to herself and shook her head harder. Making an effort to speak in English now, ”No, that was you, I mean, I got it from you when you touched me.” That was awkward to explain, not as awkward and telling her she knew exactly what the girl was thinking when they’d touched too.

The knocking into wasn’t as much the deal except for the skin contact. ”I’m sorry, I should have covered myself more.” There was a reason she always wore lots of clothes and covered up after all. Relaxing just wasn’t smart.

Rogue looked down at the floor a little guiltily. ”That was me. My uh, power. It copies stuff from you. That’s why you passed out.” She glanced up at the girl before breaking eye contact again and started to get up off the floor. ’You’ll be fine though. I promise.” She rewrapped her robe and bent over to grab the towel she'd been carrying and using on her hair.

@SHANI KATZIN
Posted: May 12 2018, 10:03 AM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Shani cocked her head to one side, looking quite perplexed as Rogue tried to explain. At first it didn't make sense, then it all came together. She copied other's abilities!

"Ah! So... you stay fluent or not?" Shani asked in Hebrew. She didn't seem mad at all, but, rather, insanely curious about how this worked, and the extent of it.

"Is permanent once, or maybe you need several times?" she continued on, completely heedless, not to mention oblivious, to the dangers. She was, after all, a teen, and all teens are well aware that they're bullet-proof! Mostly...

"Is really cool power!" she declared. Shani just built things, but absorbing abilities?! How cool was that?? Grass was always greener, one might say.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO

Posted: May 22 2018, 06:18 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Rogue shook her head, damp hair flapping around loose, ”No, I wont. And no, that wouldn’t be a good idea.” The girls enthusiasm over this was making Rogue nervous. Her power wasn’t cool at all. Not from her stand point. Only people that wanted to use her or didn’t know the details of it thought it was cool at all.

”It’d make me crazy and it would hurt you, very bad.” She already had enough copies of people lingering in her head, she didn’t need any more and any prolonged contact would do just that. A little slip, that she could handle, barely any time, only the most surface pieces taken and soon to fade. ”Not cool at all.” She shook her head again. ”Very dangerous. I can’t touch anyone, it doesn’t turn off and it takes everything… all that you are.” the Hebrew started slipping and she wrestled with finding the right words.

She gave up and instead pushed herself up to her feet and stepped backwards putting some more distance between them. It would have been polite to offer the girl a hand to get up herself but she couldn’t. Not without her gloves. Instead she asked, ”So what were you uh doing anyway?” while tucking her hair behind her ear.

@SHANI KATZIN
Posted: May 22 2018, 08:13 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Deflated, Shani replied in English "Oh... am sorry. Was just so excited to hear one speak like me." She pondered it a little bit, then continued, "Would be good power if could control. But get all of another... Not so good." All of Shani's speech was punctuated and illustrated with enough hand motions to make an ASL interpreter proud. She seemed the type who'd be almost undone if you pinned her hands at her sides, then told her to talk*

Gadget didn't remain downcast for long though, since Rogue made the silly mistake of asking her about one of her interests. While shy in groups and with men, she was very quick to warm up to female X-men at the mansion, whom she felt more comfortable around. Apparently this extended even to the vampiric, power & personality-sucking ones.
"Was practicing Parkoar! Is very fun; should try! I could teach?" she offered, talking very fast & with great obvious enthusiasm. "Is combination of dance, running, gymnastics. Must move to suit palace where you do" she told the older woman. She'd meant to say "place" but had messed up the similar words. Ironically, it still worked though, given that she was doing this in the X-mansion.

* I actually did this to an ASL interpreter I worked with in the schools. I told her to continue (talking) and all she said was "I can't!!" //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
@MARIE D'ANCANTO

Posted: May 24 2018, 06:40 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Aaaaand that was the crux of the matter and Rogues greatest problem. She’d been here five years and hadn’t gain even an ounce of control over her power. Sure, her mental discipline had gotten better, very important for shuffling away and walling off all those pieces of people she had in her head, but absolutely not progress in actually controlling the physical part of her power. She was starting to give up hope and believe it wasn’t even possible.

”Uh, yeah, ah suppose it would be.” Her speech patterns had started reverting back to her normal southern accent and she was able to switch back to English on her own this time. Hopefully the weird electronic diagrams such she was seeing would fade away quickly too.

She was more then ready for a change of subject, she never was one that enjoyed talking about her short comings with her powers. ”That’s the… um, running an jumping around thing right? Like on roof tops?” Or she supposed stairs as she remembered where the girl had come from before their tumble. ’Um, ah uh..” she gestured down at her self, not exactly dressed for running and jumping. ”Ah wouldn’t mind ah’m just a tad underdressed ah think.” Hoping to not disappoint the girl. She seemed so enthusiastic and bubbly. Like she couldn’t hold still, not even her hands. She supposed she could go up and change.

@SHANI KATZIN
Posted: May 26 2018, 08:23 PM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Shani laughed, even though she understood Rogue's dilemma all too well, having just had a close encounter of the Rogue Kind.
"Is no problem! Could other time too" she continued right on, in her typically clipped English style. She was getting a lot better at speaking like the Americans, but especially when she was excited, little things like adverbs and such tended to fall by the wayside.

"Have seen in hall; makes sense now why always seem to dress hot" Shani said bluntly, blissfully unaware of how that phrase might be interpreted. She pondered it a moment before continuing.

"Haredim women, they dress sort like this? But is for religious reason, not safe mutant" she explained. "If ever need no-mutant excuse though, just say boyfriend is Orthodox Jew, he like you dress to cover up. No one ask more questions" she told the older woman authoritatively. While Shani did her best to avoid lying, being a mutant did make a certain amount of bending of the truth necessary she'd found.

@MARIE D'ANCANTO

Posted: May 30 2018, 02:10 PM
Rogue
25 years old
X-man
162 posts
Mutant
Cateleya
EST

Yeah maybe next time or.. ”Or if you’re not in a hurry ah could go change. Ah’m a night owl. Usually less people around to bump into at night.” She grinned at that. Not exactly a bullet proof plan apparently.

She made a face at the mention of her clothes but she couldn’t fault the girl. ”Actually, its not that bad… Really.” Or she’d just gotten used to it. Certain AC was the greatest thing ever on a hot day and that was one of the perks of being this far North, it wasn’t even half as muggy as it was back home. Back home she would have died of heat stroke.

That look turning into pure attention and thoughtfulness as the girl went on. ”Huh. That ain’t a bad idea. Ah usually just say ah have a skin condition which sound just kind of ew ya know.” Saying she has a boyfriend also had a certain appeal even though it was in no way true. Of course the first person to argue with her about it might make her change her mind..

@SHANI KATZIN
Posted: May 30 2018, 10:02 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  ADD REPLY.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp The Killing Joke