Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Snow Blind, snow storm plot and more
Swedish Viking
29 years old
Ringleader
0 posts
Admin
Ruthi-Wan Kenobi
GMT +1

So far the new year has treated the citizens of New York City fairly well with no apparent disasters or superhero showdown. It's been snowing all week but it's not been enough to become a problem. You can see piles of snow pushed into corners of some streets, becoming higher and higher.

On that particular Thursday morning, it's begun to snow, just like it has every other morning that week so many think nothing about it. In a couple of hours, the city starts to struggle beneath the white layer that's steadily cover every street and building. It builds faster than it can be cleared and by noon a warning is issued for people to stay home or stay where they are.

Just before the worst of the storm hits, authorities are alerted about a cone-shaped vessel crashing into the Hudson and lodging itself into the ice. A team is sent out to investigate.
  • The storm will last a good 24 hours.
  • It's possible to be outside but not easy. Getting anywhere will have to be done on foot, sight is limited and snow keeps falling.
  • Looters can be expected.
  • Plenty of people stuck in a variety of locations, not all of them great or with good shelter.
  • Electricity flickers on and off at times, occasionally gone for longer stretches of time.
  • You can plot and plan in this thread if you guys like, as well as ask questions.
  • No time restriction, these threads can be completed at your own leisure.

RESPONSE TEAM
(suggested, no obligation to particpate!)

@TONY STARK (thread starter)
@MELISSA GOLD
@KARLA SOFEN
@PAUL EBERSOL
@THOR ODINSON

ALIENS
For those of you that will encounter some of these creatures in the thread, a brief description: They're about 6,5 feet tall, grey-skinned and with four arms and two legs, Expect them to have enhanced strength, agility and speed, but nothing crazy. They can also render themselves invisible and won't show up on thermal-devices and can alter their density such that they can go through walls. They will appear in selected threads.
Posted: Jan 11 2018, 07:50 PM
Swedish Viking
29 years old
Ringleader
0 posts
Admin
Ruthi-Wan Kenobi
GMT +1
List of participants/threads below.

Characters: Tony Stark (Ruth), Thor Odinson (Reb), Paul Ebersol (Butch), Melissa Gold (Xeper), Karla Sofen (SweetBee)
Thread link/title: Mad Sounds

Characters: Nick Fury (Ky), Luke Cage (Max), Ororo Munroe (Josh)
Thread link/title: California Dreamin'

Characters: Emma Frost (Ky), Jean Grey (Ruth), Jay Guthrie (Shiloh), Shani Katzin (Nemo)
Thread link/title: Hounds of Winter

Characters: Clint Barton (Butch) , Barney Barton (Lizard) , Open, Open
Thread link/title: The Frost Bites

Characters: Steve Rogers (Ky), Bucky Barnes (Tyson)
Thread link/title: Johnny Zero

Characters: Jubilation Lee (Cecaelia), Mary Jane Watson (Ruth)
Thread link/title: Winter's Folly

Characters: Kate Bishop (Cecaelia), Kamala Khan (Ruth), Peter Parker (Max), Sam Alexander (Butch)
Thread link/title: Jump On It

Characters: Ben Grimm (Butch), Jessica Jones (Ruth)
Thread link/title: Riders of the Storm

Characters: Elektra Natchios (Cat), Marc Spector(Butch)
Thread link/title: Jacks in the Box

CODE
[b]Characters:[/b] Character Name(Player)
[b]Thread link/title:[/b] [url=threadlink]Thread Title[/url]

Posted: Jan 11 2018, 08:02 PM
Hawkeye
46 years old
Landlord/super dude
119 posts
Human
Butch
CST

Does anyone wish to do a thread in Brooklyn with Clint? I'm thinking something smaller scale with him needing to fix the heat and spotting looters. Maybe some action, and generally being cold.

One or two more people would be great.

Posted: Jan 11 2018, 08:19 PM
Director Fury
66 years old
Director of SHIELD
62 posts
Human
KY
GMT-5

(I tried with the gif. Graphics are not my thing, just ask Ruth.)

I'm going to have an open thread with Nick Fury, who'll be working separately from the response team. Rather than investigating the crash, he'll be in NYC, dealing with a few strange beings that have made their way to the city (stop tobogganing on Dad's car and get inside, kids). He could use 1 or 2 people for backup, whoever happens to be around!

Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:41 AM
Power Man
36 years old
Hero-For-Hire
53 posts
Enhanced
Max
GMT - 8
is...is that a g-string on his eye?

I guess Luke could help him, the sad old man.

Also, a YA thingy could be fun?
Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:48 AM
Director Fury
66 years old
Director of SHIELD
62 posts
Human
KY
GMT-5
Giphy told me it was an EYEPATCH OKAY.

But yeah, a Luke Cage/Nick Fury team up would be awesome! Got a spot for one more character to join in!
Posted: Jan 12 2018, 01:03 AM
Gadget
15 years old
Xavier student
92 posts
Mutant
Nemo
MDT

Hey, anyone up for getting stuck at the boathouse with Shani? I'm thinking went in there to warm up and get stuck by white-out. Depending on who she's stuck with, it could even start rumors. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Or if there's several, they can invent games and come up with ways to pass the time.

Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:37 PM
WARREN WORTHINGTON III
years old
0 posts
Alright, I realized I hadn’t posted on here and that it was all in my head, my reply.

warren && fluffy snow – I can go two ways with this. Either he gets stuck in Manhattan working and he hides in his office to stretch his wings because oww. OR he’s in upstate with the other snowed in mutant fam. He offers his wings to those who knows he has them as a warm blanket, should they need. Thoughts, @SHARON CARTER?

claire && I didn’t sign up for this – She’s been stockpiling winter disaster gear at her clinic for a little while, just in case something happened. I mean, it’s New York. Winter shit happens. So she’ll be at her clinic with a tiny generator she found somewhere. Lots of canned soup, hot coffee, and warm blankets. Should anyone need a shelter, come on down to Harlem. Honestly, open for maybe 2 people?

charlie && I already can’t see that great – He’s been told he needed a seeing eye dog and he didn’t believe people. He can mostly see, right? Well, not so much. Especially not with all this stupid snow. Add to that the power going out? Losing his connections to his favorite electronics? He’ll probably have a panic attack. Let me know if you want a freaked out Charlie somewhere. He’s probably trying to get to his sister’s place, honestly.

barney && California is better in every way – Barney might head to Brooklyn to help Clint out if it’s alright with you, @CLINT BARTON? Depending on how our other thread goes? Or maybe Charlie stumbles across Clint’s place whilst seeking out his sister? I’m open to either, let me know if you’re interested.

Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:58 PM
Director Fury
66 years old
Director of SHIELD
62 posts
Human
KY
GMT-5
There's a thread up here, where Fury's in Harlem fighting off an unknown number of the crash-landed creatures. One more open spot available!
Posted: Jan 13 2018, 04:02 PM
Agent 13
30 years old
Agent of SHIELD
192 posts
Human
Reb
GMT
Happy to have Thor on the response team! Would he recognise the aliens / do you guys have a certain type in mind?

@WARREN WORTHINGTON III I'm up for a Manhattan thread! Sharon would want to make sure no one had gotten trapped in the lifts considering the power is sporadic. Probably be on her phone half the time checking weather updates. If the doors are automated, getting around could be fun.
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 01:15 AM
Songbird
29 years old
139 posts
Enhanced
Xeper
Bee & I (Karlissa?) are in for the response team. It might get off to a bit of a wonky start because we gotta wait for Ruth to get internet and then I'm going to be out of state from the 18th to the 23rd, but it should work out just fine. ^^ Also if anybody wants D'Spayre to come in and do horrible things in the middle of a snowstorm I can probably make some references to The Thing.

Uh, the movie, not the lovable Fantastic Four member.
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 12:20 PM
Swedish Viking
29 years old
Ringleader
0 posts
Admin
Ruthi-Wan Kenobi
GMT +1
The aliens are unfamiliar to Thor and everyone else, as of right now. There aren’t that many of them so it’s highly unlikely to encounter them(and really unwise). The brunt of them will appear around the crash site and then in a few selected threads/areas. <3
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 12:27 PM
Icarus
18 years old
Student
106 posts
Mutant
Shiloh
EST
I have one (1) bird boy who A) loves the snow, and B) "What the hell is happening?!" lmao. He can go anywhere and he and I are up for anything!
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:39 PM
White Queen
28 years old
Counsellor
131 posts
Mutant
Ky
GMT-5
X-Peeps event thread!

There's another event thread up where Emma's just hauled in a bleeding corpse of one of the strange creatures and deposited in the middle of the entry hall. One or more creatures may or may not still be lurking outside. Looking for some X-peeps to join!
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 12:17 PM
Icarus
18 years old
Student
106 posts
Mutant
Shiloh
EST
@EMMA FROST I'd be willing to throw Jay into that thread if you're still looking for an X-peep!
Posted: Jan 15 2018, 09:18 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (3) 1 2 3  CLOSED.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp The Killing Joke