Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) CLOSED.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

Fear Itself, event sign up!
Swedish Viking
29 years old
Ringleader
0 posts
Admin
Ruthi-Wan Kenobi
GMT +1

’From below the dragon, dark comes forth,
Nithhogg flying from Nithafjoll;
The bodies of men on his wings he bears,
the Serpent bright - but now must I sink.’

--from the Voluspa of the Norns

So Fear Itself, huh? What’s that about?
Fear Itself is a site-wide plot for With Great Powers, inspired by the Marvel Comics arc of the same name. With the strife over the Sokovia Accords having provoked the Earth’s level of fear to a fever pitch, the demon D’Spayre - having long remained an enigma tormenting the metahumans of New York - reveals his true identity and summons forth a diabolical plot that threatens to consume the Earth in a shadow of eternal terror. His greatest weapons against the heroes are twofold - the unchecked spreading of the world’s fear, and some of their own number, corrupted by his eldritch mastery.

Who can take part in this event?
Everybody! We particularly encourage characters with an interest in the following:
-Asgard and Asgardians
-Magic, the supernatural, and other planar shenanigans
-Saving the city from an army of demons
-Becoming an unstoppable runic juggernaut powered by ancient magics and destroying everything in your path (more on this later)
-Fleeing all kinds of terrible destruction and chaos
-Killing D’Spayre

Wait, I can kill D’Spayre?
If you play your cards right. Somebody’s definitely at least going to get to punch him in the face.

What kind of roles are available?
There are three major positions a character is eligible for:
-Heroes. Obviously! Kick ass, take names, slay demons, save the day.
-Civilians. Get put in tremendous peril, and give the heroes something to rescue.
-The Worthy. Get mind controlled! Serve D’Spayre! DESTROY EVERYTHING.

....Go back to that last one.
Okay!

Several participants will get to take on a very important role that has a lot of responsibility to it - characters who are controlled by an evil spell and ordered to go on a rampage. These characters, AKA the Worthy are critical to the plot and will get to have a big impact on thread events - essentially, they’re a license to go hog wild and do all the crazy supervillain stuff you couldn’t do otherwise. Imagine if the Black Order had accomplished literally anything in Infinity War, and you begin to get the idea of what the role is like. For the duration of Fear Itself, you get to be a crazy berserk ass-kicker with a magic hammer on par with Mjolnir. What’s not to love?

On the other side of things, hero characters will have to deal with the Worthy as best they can. Fighting a horde of faceless demons is one thing - fighting your teammate who’s turned into an unstoppable warlord and knows how best to hurt you is quite another.

Wait, if I volunteer a character to be a Worthy, does that mean they’ll die or be evil forever?
Nope! Once the event is over, they’ll be returned back to normal and be totally in control of their actions. There may be some consternation over what they’ve done while mind-controlled, but hey, drama is our lifeblood here at WGP.

Okay, I’m interested. How do I sign up?
Just post in the thread and mention what characters you’d like to use in the event. (You can use more than one, if you want.) Additionally, and this is very important, specify whether you want to offer a character up as a possible Worthy. Once submissions are in, the admins will pick a couple people to fill those roles based on diversity, character balance, and possible plot hooks. Don’t worry if you don’t get chosen for one of those spots - it doesn’t reflect badly on you as a writer or a person, and generally it means we have something equally cool and heroic for you to do instead.

If you have somebody you’d specifically like to share a thread with, mention that too! The admins will do their best to sort everybody out in a way that works for them.

There will be a commencement thread to start with, featuring a single group of characters, and then the event itself will properly begin and multiple threads will be available for their assigned groups to participate in. Have fun and go crazy.

When does it start?
At present we’re looking to let recruitment run for about two weeks so everything can get sorted out, and start the event sometime around mid-June.

Anything else I should know?
Two minor things. First, please make sure to try to post in a timely fashion in event threads. You don’t have to be insanely fast, but remember that other people are depending on you for their fun as much as you’re depending on them for yours - it’s courteous not to make them wait any more than necessary. (This is especially true for the Worthy, who will get to drive a great deal of the action.)

Second, this will be sort of a stress test for the event framework. We’ve already proven with the Stark Expo that we can handle a reasonably decent-sized event - with Fear Itself, the WGP team plans to further examine our logistical ability to run events. The implications on the scope and breadth of other events in the future (read: Infinity War) will be greatly informed by the data and experiences we gather running Fear Itself. Keep that in mind and provide any feedback you can to help the event along - it’ll be great research.

PLANNED THREAD LIST
(placeholder, add when threads are assigned)

Thank you Xeper for putting all of this together!
- Ky & Ruth

Posted: May 20 2018, 05:04 PM
Doctor Doom
56 years old
King of Latveria
100 posts
Enhanced
Sticks
EST
Characters I would like to throw into the flames!
  • Victor Von Doom - "Hero", given his affiliations, though that may become genuine later.
  • Sif - Hero
  • Rick Jones - Civilian, potential Worthy
  • Wade Wilson - Hero

Zelma Stanton will not be participating on account of being in a coma at the time.
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:31 PM
43 years old
51 posts
Mutant
SweetBee
First of all: Hell yeah Xep and the mod team, this is gonna own. <3

Secondly, I'd like to toss Ian into this. I think his power of being able to heal people at anyone else's expense would be reeaaally useful when we have so many bogies around, and I haven't been able to take him out for a spin yet, so to speak. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Either that, or I can also put Ana forward -- she'd be useful in a situation that involves helping civilians, if that winds up being a role we need filled, or if we need a civvie that needs to be rescued, I can put her up for that too!
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:32 PM
Icarus
18 years old
Student
99 posts
Mutant
Shiloh
EST
Beautiful plot!!!

I absolutely wanna toss Jay and Bailey in.

Bailey can absolutely be used as a Worthy!

Jay, on the other hand, hero!
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:34 PM
Mr. Fantastic
41 years old
Scientist
62 posts
Extraterrestrial
mia
GMT-3
Hi, yes, I'm still active, I swear.

Offering @SIMON WILLIAMS as a hero, because he deserves to do something nice and fun and also he's part of Sif's Army, so he'll be there.

Offering @REED RICHARDS for whatever. I suppose he would try very hard to be a hero and all, but he might get distracted trying to figure out the magic and end up needing some heroic help getting out of a pickle? Also, I am kind of amused by the idea of D'Spayre wanting to see what Doom sees in Reed and making him one of the Worthy.
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:45 PM
Black Widow
33 years old
Assassin / Spy
206 posts
Human
Apollo
GMT -7

OMG this is gonna be GREAT.

I'd love to offer Natasha in as a Worthy, because.. cmon, can you imagine facing down an ass-kicking Natasha who has no compunction about killing and has more strength than she usually does? Think KGB-era Black Widow! I feel sorry for those friends of hers who'll have to face her down.

And if you need him, toss Fitz into this, as well - perhaps as a Worthy, or a Hero! Whichever is needed!

Posted: May 20 2018, 05:48 PM
Quake
29 years old
Rogue S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
117 posts
Inhuman
Jay
GMT -5
Alright, no real curveballs with this one. But then, I can't throw those all the time.
  • Daisy Johnson - Hero (She needs to feel good about herself for once, yeesh.)
  • Joanna Asheton - Civilian (Somebody rescue this dumbass before she gets herself eaten trying to film the demons up close, kthx.)
  • Mary Walker - "Hero"/Potential Worthy (Chopping up demons? Sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend. Otherwise, please, give the dangerously unstable lady a big hammer. What could go wrong?)
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:49 PM
dr. simmons
30 years old
satf xenobiologist
131 posts
Human
Camilla
GMT - 7

I don't really have a way to throw Jemma in here all that easily because she's at the SATF facility, but I'm sure that if some Thunderbolts stir up trouble or some shit comes their way, she can always get involved as a civilian!
Posted: May 20 2018, 05:52 PM
Elektra
31 years old
Adventurer for Hire
203 posts
Enhanced
Cateleya
EST
Wheeeee!!!

Elektra Natchios - Hero. She's done the whole brainwashed evil minion thing not that long ago so lets try a different role this time. Plus slicing up demons could be a very good way to redirect her energies XD **Though if there is a Worthy Daredevil, taking him down would be her priority, or simply sticking with her beau haha (oh hell she'd stick with him anyway cause hell no she letting anyone kill him after everything she's been through XD)

Rogue - Worthy!!! Cause what better vessel is there then one that can take everything another person is!?!?

Posted: May 20 2018, 06:07 PM
HobGoblin
43 years old
CEO, Kingpin
10 posts
Enhanced
Ray
Central

I'd like to offer up Roderick as a Worthy candidate. IF for no other reason than
user posted image

Thank you for your consideration
Posted: May 20 2018, 06:10 PM
Ms Marvel
50 years old
SHIELD/HERO
38 posts
Extraterrestrial
Mae
EST
I'd like to throw Cap in as a hero and offer Jess up as a Worthy if needed! Should Betty get the a-okay, I'd love to offer her up as bait, I mean, a civilian!
Posted: May 20 2018, 06:11 PM
Nomad
99 years old
Ex-Captain America
47 posts
Enhanced
Ky
GMT-5
Yayy!! I'm so thrilled this plot is getting started!!

I'm happy to offer all my characters, though to make sure I don't fall behind in threads, I'll limit myself to 2 of the following characters for any role:
  • Steve Rogers
  • Bruce Banner
  • Jonah Jameson
  • Emma Frost
  • Pepper Potts
  • Nick Fury
Feel free to pick and choose whomever to balance out threads. //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Posted: May 20 2018, 06:21 PM
Green Goblin
50 years old
CEO
14 posts
Enhanced
Av
CST-6
I'd like to offer Green Goblin as a Hero, for reasons we all joked about in the cbox. Or potentially a civilian. Maybe he is stuck as Norman in a situation where he can't fight back without outing himself, so he is forced to turn to heroes for help? Or maybe he goes full Goblin and decides to help some heroes fight the demons. Either way works.

And if/when Lance is approved, I will offer him up as a potential Worthy or another Hero.
Posted: May 20 2018, 07:09 PM
"Cheese"
53 years old
49 posts
Human
Beleren
Offering up some folks:
  • James Knox - Hero I promise this one will make sense in due time.
  • Stephen Strange - Hero
  • Phil Coulson - Hero if needed

If accepted,
  • Theo Mann - Civilian as a Paramedic trying to help with the mass casualty that is bound to happen, and probably getting himself into trouble.
Posted: May 20 2018, 09:48 PM
God of Mischief
Many years old
god
74 posts
Extraterrestrial
Fool
GMT -4
Loki will most certainly be there. Somewhere. Doing something. Probably he'll end up appearing as a reluctant hero to impress Thor and his Avengers buddies. But, when no one is looking, he'll create a distraction or help out D'spayre or one of the worthy. He could just disappear into the background too and sabotage both sides. Because the chaos is fun.
Posted: May 20 2018, 11:01 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS.  Pages: (2) 1 2  CLOSED.  NEW TOPIC.  NEW POLL.  

skin created exclusively for WITH GREAT POWERS by NOÄ of CTTW.
RPG-D Shadowplay Topsites Marvel Topsites

Candyland Couture Δrk City GODS AMONG MEN ideal world “WOK”/ GLITTER & GOLD A marvel infinity war rp